1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Dragon [cookalong journal!]

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by LarssonCrew, Dec 15, 2011.

1. LarssonCrew

LarssonCrew Active Member

Not sure what happened. My wisdom teeth were pushing through and it led to a lack of appetite.

Yesterday I ate two chicken breasts, small amount of rice and brocolli as well as a bowl of oatmeal with sugar free syrup.

But get this, in the night I literally went to the bathroom every hour, I mean literally.

Woke up this morning at 90.8Kgs, that's 199.8 lbs!

However I'm guessing it's to do with the sickness/perhaps dehydration so we'll see how it all pans out.

No gym today because this tooth makes me feel like someones shot me in the jaw with a gun.

2. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Congratulations on getting below 200 lbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

3. LarssonCrew

I'm not counting it unless it sits there for 5 days straight lefty!

I think my wisdom teeth somehow led to a massive water push.

ALTHOUGH, Saturday I ate a load of sodium, but drank a lot, Sunday I had ZERO salt, I mean absolutely Zero.

I ate milk and oatmeal, then chicken rice and brocolli, no salt added anywhere.

So perhaps I had 3 gallons of water that just went 'whooosh!'

This morning around the same weight, so now I'm pushing to hit below 90!

4. LarssonCrew

Things are sitting tight at around 90.xx kilos, I want to see 89.xx on the scales.

I'll be hitting the bed around 91.5 so I hope I can be around 90.5 tomorrow, which is exactly 199 lbs :D

Didn't go to the gym today, there hot water is broken in the shower and my shower is still unusable, don't want to be a sweaty boy.

Tomorrow work 8-11:30 then going to take a quick nap then gym in the afternoon.

Keeping my spending under 100 RMB[$16] a day,I'm owed a total of $4000 from various sources but have less than $100 in the bank.

I hope to pick up a nice $2000 stack[theres rent for 4 months!] from the university I teach law at tomorrow.

If not, I'm asking the wife for a $100 until I pull in the debts[all salaries, not gambling debts].

Here's hoping I can keep it focused.

Today's eating was 'ok', but had fast food, total of 2150 calories:

McDonalds:

Double cheese burger meal, fries, 5 chicken nuggets[200 cals], had a coffee because no diet coke and don't want the +200 calories.

Breakfast was:

Home made home fries[250g of potato, about 200 cals]
    2 teaspoons oil [240]
    2 fried eggs
    50g oatmeal
    200ml milk
    1 banana
    1 spoonful of sugar free syrup

So had two 1000 calorie meals today give or take.

Hope tomorrow to spend less than $3-4, and hit the gym nice and early and hard, and perhaps even treat myself to a swim!

5. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Is that instead of a shower? Wondering since your shower and the gym shower are not working properly.

6. LarssonCrew

Haha, no no I'm not a dirty person.

I meant I normally don't have time for swim[at least an hour], cardio, weights, shower etc.

But since I have a day off I will probably take the extra hour or two for swimming.

Between 2am and 4am I drank a gallon of water last night, woke up at 91.7 this morning.

I will imagine all that weight will drop from the water soon!

7. LarssonCrew

Eats today:

50g oatmeal
    Milk
    Banana
    Sugar free syrup

420 calories but DAMN together it tastes like a banofee pie.

Packet of chips - 250
    Baked sweet potato - 200
    Chicken breast + mayo - 300

I'm stuffed but still have a boiled chicken breast and brocolli and rice to eat somewhere, but I'm only at 1150 for the day.

After the gym I will consume a ham sandwich with extra chicken, that'll take me to 1700. I'll save the rice chicken and brocolli for tomorrow.

Consumed 5500 ML of water today, 1 1/2 gallons.

8. LarssonCrew

Weight this morning...90.7kilos, 199.5, damn I'd love to get to 90 kilos, seeing 89.x on the scale would be amazing, and I'd be 2 solid pounds under 200.

Oh well, I'm at my lowest ever[previous lowest was 199.8!].

Need to have a solid day today, not eating too much, gym, and not spending too much!

Plans for lunch with the wife, but I think we'll only have time to stop for a subway and a salad, with a diet coke, which I can factor at about 600 calories, which is easily affordable when I've got 2200 to play with.

Hoping to smash the chest in the gym, and also go for a swim.

9. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Don't sweat the day-to-day results....
    Also, I saw a whole mountain of carbs in the post above this one....carbs make you store water as well you know...:nod:
    Do a bit of a protein-centric day, (and keep it clean and low sodium) and I bet a pound or two would drop off overnight....

Might be a fun experiment to do...

Victory!

10. LarssonCrew

Yep, I'll drop some carbs.

I like to open my day with oatmeal with milk[not with water], and a banana.

It's 400 calories, but fills me up like everything.

After that I'll stick to vegetables and chicken for the dinner, maybe a salad too.

Try and cut down carbs for a day, good suggestion!

11. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Carbs are bad. Mmmkay.

Seriously if you want to lose quickly you can go low carb or carb cycle. It's not necessarily going to be easy. You'll feel hungry at times. You'll feel weak at times. But you will lose. And it's not necessarily going to last if you go back to eating like you did. But as a quick and dirty way to lose some weight cutting out carbs worked for me.

12. LarssonCrew

Except I'm diabetic and cutting carbs isn't good for me!

I lowered my carbs a bit, but I had a dirty cheat day of 5000 calories, which piled the salt back on.

Hovering at 93Kilos, I will be down to 92 tomorrow I'm sure. Then push on for that elusive 89.xx.

I'm no longer panicking in a jump in weight because I'm aware it's purely a salt/retaining water thing, and I just need a few days to be back on the horse.

Only got 67 days until I start travelling and I'd love to be 85[187] or less for that!

13. LarssonCrew

Down to 93 Kilos today, that's 204.5 lbs

Tomorrow night is a big ass meal out and drinks before I commence travelling.

I hope during my travel I don't put on too much weight, but we'll see, I'm hoping the trekking and such will lead to a bit of a drop.

Hoping to be about 92 tomorrow, 202 lbs or so.

I need to get past 90 kilos, 198 lbs, and then be solidly in the 89's for a few days.

Gym yesterday completely fucking wrecked my chest.

I only did two exercises, pec dec and bench press but pushed myself hard.

I need to work triceps harder, I do tricep pulldowns but don't really feel it too much the next day. If I work the biceps it hurts for a while.

Anyways, hopefully at gym today will be deadlifts, shoulder work and arms.

14. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

I might just have to try this banofee pie breakfast...that sounds tasty...

15. LarssonCrew

Silver it's the bomb!

Use 50 or 75g of oats, 200ml milk[may as well use whole milk since 200ml is not THAT much], 1 banana cut up. Place oats in pan, then roughly chop banana into it. After that add milk bring to the boil.

I stir whilst cooking to 'mush' the banana down.

After it's finished cooking and got a nice consistency, add a few teaspoons of sugar free maple syrup over the top and mix in.

16. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Quick oats or whole oats or...? Just cook until ready kind of thing?