1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Dragon [cookalong journal!]

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by LarssonCrew, Dec 15, 2011.

1. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Are you doing it?

2. LarssonCrew

LarssonCrew Active Member

I didn't...yet.

Feel like I've turned a corner, will be signing up to a gym either today or tomorrow, it's $100 for the entire year, yeah baby, and my fiance will be joining me too!

Two days in a row strung together nice diets, sub 2000 calories, ordered a spaghetti and garlic bread set meal with coffee at my work, then cancelled it, ate an apple I brought with me and then had a coffee.

It's going ok, I will go to bed around 98.8, so I'm hoping to see 98 on the scales tomorrow morning, or perhaps 97.9!

3. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Keep it up man. That's great that you bailed on that spaghetti meal. And joining a gym is a good step. But just because it's cheap don't think you don't have to use it. HEH. :nod:

4. LarssonCrew

Today's eating could have been better, I had:

Half a potato, half a small roast chicken [probably about 300 grams of meat, no skin]

A McDonalds burger and 5 chicken nuggets [650 calories in total]

Two fried buns [maybe 400 calories]

A packet of potato chips [250 calories]

So I'm at about 1700, could[should] have more protein, but tomorrow will fix it!

5. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

It's really dismaying to see you eating all that crap. Except for the potato and roast chicken all you're eating is fast food. Can't you pop into the grocery store for some fruit and vegetables? Only trying to be of service.

6. LarssonCrew

Agreed, although I'm still only eating 1700 calories.

This morning I ate 2 boiled eggs[just the white!] and a slice of gouda cheese[protein!!!]

Lunch will be two baked chicken breasts with brocolli.

Dinner will probably be an omelette and some pork loin or chicken.

Its strange to see the amount of food I can eat for 1700 compared to the junk I ate yesterday:

2 fried buns
    McDonalds hamburger
    McDonalds chicken nuggets
    Chicken and potato
    Potato chips

OR

two boiled eggs[white] - 40
    slice of good quality imported dutch cheese - 50
    little milk for my morning coffee - 20
    2 chicken breasts - 400
    tomato - 40
    broccoli - 60
    chicken breast or pork loin - 200
    3 egg omelette - 200

Look at the difference! Only 1000 calories planned for today so I'll step it up and maybe add some sweet potato chunks[inspired by John] to both meals.

Alternatively I may simply also leave the egg yolk in my breakfast OR I could make some oatmeal.

It's ludicrous that the 700 calories I ate at McDonalds yesterday could in theory get me 2 chicken breasts, broccoli, tomato, and a whole sweet potato, which will fill me up for a LONG TIME.

Anyways Lefty, good news, this morning I'm sitting at 96.3, so I guess fortunatley yesterdays trash food didn't have too much of an impact.

I'm still heading towards that 93 Kg goal!!

7. LarssonCrew

So, perhaps 10 days ago I was at 100 Kilos [220lbs], this morning I checked my weight at 94.9, feels great to see 94 on the scales and KNOW that if I can drop another 2 lbs I'll see the 93 on there, still , my mind is thinking about that 92, even 92.99 is still a figure I'll have never seen!

Suit jacket finally fits around the gut, it was embarrassing buying it with my mum[she bought it for me when I returned to the UK for my cousins wedding as a gift. If we went the next size up it fitted around the waist, but the shoulders were too huge, so we settled on this and I promised my mum I'd work out!].

I still haven't joined a gym, I paid a years rent on a place today [only $2000 but still] and I've got Christmas to go. every gym here wants you to pay a year [maybe only $300-400, but once you've just shelled out for rent it's alot!].

I'm tempted to try a place that's a bit more expensive [$50 a month] but you pay monthly, although it's a long bus ride away. There is one across the street but it's a pay up front kind of place.

Anyways, I'm at around 1100 calories today, and I've already consumed about 3-4L of fluid, that';s the easiest part for me.

My wife jokes I'm a luo tuo , which means camel in Chinese.

Went to have a law class in a coffee shop today, on the way out I spotted that Adidas had a sale [36% off!] so I stopped by and bought my wife some nice sneakers for Xmas, now I've got to hide them until the 25th!

8. LarssonCrew

I need to join the gym...badly!

I'm dropping weight and I'm worried I'm losing muscle because it's coming off really quickly.

Diet was spot on yesterday, this morning I started great., my breakfast:

2 chicken breasts
    1 broccoli
    1 apple
    2 eggs

Maybe 800 calories but I'm only going to eat two meals today, perfect.

I woke up this morning at 94.3, so I'm aiming for Monday as seeing a 92.xx on the scale. Soon I will plateau though, so that's why the gym is a must!

9. LarssonCrew

Something strange happened, after I hit 94.3, I ballooned upto 98, without eating anything out of the ordinary, I presumed I was just holding onto further water weight because I ate alot of salt that day.

Anyways, fast forward, and I've brought it down everyday edging away at it, and I'm back to 95.6, I'm still gunning for that 92.x target! AHHH.

Today should be a 'non spend' day, i.e. I just consume what's in the house, so I'm planning on eating:

4 chicken breasts
    broccoli
    baked potato
    eggs
    cheese

To around 1700 calories, maybe even throw in an apple.

10. LarssonCrew

Well guys, today is my 1st year anniversary since I started this road to fitness.

I still don't have access to a gym and somehow my health is suffering a little bit whilst on low calories and living in a freezing apartment.

HOWEVER, some good news....[drum roll please]

This morning 91.7Kgs. [201.74lbs]

I breezed past 93, I dropped 1.5Kilos[3.3 lbs] overnight, and I'm now at my lowest weight for a long long time.

Just to restate, my first post I was 105.8kgs [232.7]

So I'm 31 pounds lighter than this time last year, not awful, but I know I can do better.

I probably spent 6 months of the year following my healthy eating and 6 months with excuses and bullshit.

This time around it's different. For some reason seeing the scales even .1 lb less every morning pushes me on , I don't want to give an excuse to my body to put back on what I've lost.

My next target is breaking 200lbs, then breaking 90 Kilos[almost the same thing], from them it's cutting down 10 lbs at a time.

The gym situation is tricky, but I think mid January I should be able to go!

I honestly think living in some cold conditions [my apartment is minus 2 right now], has helped because my body uses so much energy to keep me warm.

Yesterday I did have a problem, I woke up, had a very strong coffee, then I had 7-8 big classes of cold water[my water cooler's water is very very cold], then went about my business, no eating. However, the combination of warm strong coffee and ice cold water didn't sit well, and about 2 hours into my work I threw up. I think I may up my calories a little because the weights flying off, and I think it's making me colder, no joke. I really think 1700-1800 calories is not sufficient in -15 weather outside and -2 inside.

Anyways here were my goals from a year ago, I've failed all of them!

April I will be visited by my parents, I would LOVE them to be impressed by my 'thinness' - Nope, ashamed, although my mother commented that my uncle saw my pictures and thought I'd thinned out.
    July I have a wedding to go to. - Ashamed.
    Next December I will take my girlfriend/fiance[it blurs a bit in China] to Bali or another exotic beach destination. - Nope, no time, but we will go to Thailand in March.
    I want to be taking less insulin[I'm diabetic] - Yes, this is not bad.
    I hope my business can push forward with it's office opening and other things. - Nope.
    I hope I can become fluent in Chinese and pass the HSK[written and spoken Chinese] - My Chinese is basically fluent but I didn't take the HSK exam.

One final thought, I checked my old health certificate from my expert certificate given by the Chinese government, two years ago I was listed as 110 Kilos, or 242 lbs, so I'm down 40 pounds on that total already.

Targets for next year are, introduce heavy lifting to the weight loss, and just keep going! I'd love to me 170 lbs when I visit England in July but that might be a little ambitious!

11. LarssonCrew

P.s. I will be posting a HEALTHY version of sweet and sour chicken that will be amazing!!! I will try to do it slightly professionally with pictures etc.

The breakdowns will be :

Chicken
    Cornstarch
    1 egg
    Tomato ketchup
    Garlic
    2 tablespoons of ketchup

Not possible right? Wait and see!

12. LarssonCrew

Well guys , this is crazy.

I was about 90 Kilos [200 lbs] on Xmas day after puking up for 4 straight days, I spent a whack of my cash on hospital bills and decided to say 'fuck it' and got a hotel room for 3 nights.

Fortunately it meant that I felt so thin and everyone was complimenting, however that was entirely dry with nothing in my gut, after 4 days of almost non eating[or eat-> throw up, drink, throw up, repeat], I was CRAVING, so I went a bit...crazy.

Anyways, from 28th until the 5th I ate whatever, and I ballooned in water weight up to about 98-99 Kilos.

Then, my parents reinburssed my hotel fee[bless them] and I joined the gym.

I hit it hard, doing 40 mins of cardio and then a split of:

legs
    back/arms
    chest/shoulders

Anyways, the 6th I had a birthday meal out and a few too many beers and the 7th my wife took me to eat italian [garlic bread, lasagna, caesar salad, although I skipped dessert]

I was up to about 98 again, however I'm now back down to about 96.

I will keep heading to the gym everyday without fail in a 3 day on 1 day off format.

Today was the 5th day but I felt like ruining my legs anyway, so:

20 minutes level 6 of 10 bike for 13 kms[8 miles]
    20 minutes interval hill climber [goes from 2-4-2-5-2-6-2-8-2-8-2-8-2-6-2-4-2-1] - In the middle of the 8s I felt like I was dieing, however I kept telling myself anyone can do anything for 1 minute without failing, so I stayed true.

After:[my gym is a little limited]
    Leg extensions:

Big volume, did maybe 10 warm up sets of 10, then:

250lbs x 10
    260 x 8
    280 x 6
    300 x 4
    280 x 4 [superset]
    260 x 4 [superset]
    200 x 3 [superset]
    100 x 3 [superset]

Then broke the machine supersetting down to 40lbs because I didn't realise how little resistance 40 lbs feels like.

After:

Calf raises [body weight + 40 lbs downbells]

20 x bw + 80 lbs
    20 x bw + 80 lbs
    10 x bw
    10 x bw

DB Squats

30 lbs x 8
    30 x 8
    30 x 8
    30 x 8
    44[each hand] x 8
    44 x 8

Dead, haven't squatted for a LONG time so I felt like death even though 90 lbs is almost nothing to squat.

Then deadlifts:

150 x 10
    220 x 6
    220 x 3
    220 x 1

Was finished, BUT...I wanted to push further so:

20 minutes interval climber, felt much harder, not as much power in my legs.

Tomorrow is arms and back, plus an hour of cardio.

Eating low calorie, I'm currently slow roasting pulled pork so I will that with a baked potato, then some beef and chicken in the afternoon.

Hope to wake up tomorrow around 95kgs, with my aim being 90 before the end of the month.

Wish me luck!

13. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Welcome back to the fold. Those were some insane workouts. Remember one thing, moderation. If you go out to hard you will not be able to continue. Nothing wrong with a tough workout, but try and deload once in a while.

14. LarssonCrew

Thanks!

No rest for the wicked today, the more I see Chinese people ignoring their legs the more I want to rip mine to shreds!

Today's eating[just average]

Roasted pork[no fat, gave it to my dog]
    Ham subway sandwich and cookie [no cheese no sauce, 280 cals]
    One scoop home made gelato[my friend just opened a shop!]
    Home made potato chips [180 cals]
    Dark chocolate bar[120 needed something sweet]
    Pork mince and onion

Should be around 1800

Tomorrow I'll eat much cleaner, but today I'm around 150g protein so it's ok./

Workout today

Pulleys[not sure of name, that's the name on the machine]
    Low row[these start out easy and get hard REAL quick when you're going up 25 lbs a time]
    Tricep pullovers

90 minutes on the bike [decided to hit 1000 cals of cardio workout, done]

Exhausted, but feel great, sweating more than anyone else in the gym. Even if I'm not as strong or have as perfect form, I can always be the hardest worker in the gym!

Tomorrow's eats plan:

50g oatmeal and a banana[300 cals]
    5 egg whites and cheese [200 cals]
    2 chicken breasts with a bowl of rice [800 cals]
    1 chicken breast with two teaspoons of mayo and a baked potato [600]

Bringing me to 1900 calories.

15. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Do what works man....think sustainability.

Keep it going...:tucool:

--

It's why I dont post my food....I dont want people picking my diet apart...I have always felt that carrying an extra 50 pounds around is less healthy than eating...say....a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a side of chips....but if I post that...I will get a flock of people who scream...ONLY EAT CHICKEN AND VEGGIES....and it has to be organic....and it has to be free range chicken....

Screw that noise. Do what you know you can do for *months* at a time. Its why I have cheat meals...:nod:

And no Lefty, I am talking talking to you directly...:nope:....I got sick of people crying about me putting peanut butter in my oatmeal....and giving me a hard time about cheat meals...

That is all...

#255 digitalnebula, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  16. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Wait what? I don't remember writing anything. :eek::confused: What did I say? I honestly don't remember.

17. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

This

You are right...but it was from a month ago....:lol:
    Like I said, I wasn't pointing at you....I was just telling Larsson to do what works and why I dont write down what I eat anymore....

Is was aimed more at the extremists....not you...:nope:

Now I regret writing it. :o It looks awful in print and does not deliver the message I intended....

Here is the message intended:

Larsson, do whatever will work for you over the coming 4-6 months....or however long you plan on cutting...

18. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

No problema. You were right, I was a bit harsh. Okay to knock me off of that high horse. We all indulge.

19. LarssonCrew

Appreciate the support, this morning I'm 94.5kg, I need to get to 90!

Anyways, he was right though, that day was bad, but the most important thing for me is just not consuming a ton of calories.

I could eat a huge bowl of rice, lots of beef and chicken in a meal with olive oil, plus some pineapple and still be eating a huge amount of calories!

So, even though I had mince, a subway, some gelato, I was still at 2000 for the day...and I'm now working on the 'calories in < calories out' principle.

Hence I started today with a nice glass[120 calories] of ice cold milk, now I'll have oatmeal [200] a banana [120] and egg white omelette [100] for breakfast :D

520 calories for a very filling breakfast is not, in my opinion, too bad!

20. LarssonCrew

Just got back from my gym/eating.

Today's eating[just so so but in the calorie range I want]

Breakfast:

200ml Milk 120
    100ml Milk 60 Oatmeal 200 2 small bananas 200
    Breakfast total - 580

Lunch:
    Subway roast beef, cheese, lots of vegetables - 300
    Drank a diet coke

Friends cookies - Maybe 800, bit disappointed but she's celebrating a pregnancy so I just added it in!

Lunch total - 1100

Gelato - one scoop of chocolate 150
    Coffee with a dash of milk and sugar - 50

Coffee break - 200

Dinner:

Eggplant and green beans, a little pork - 300

Dinner total - 300

Breakfast - 580
    Lunch - 1100
    Coffee + ice cream - 200
    Dinner - 300

Total: 2180

That's in my target range of under 2200!

Workout at the gym:

20 minutes cardio

Preacher curls 8 x 3
    Barbell preacher curls 8 x 2
    Overhead tricep extension 10 x 3
    Deadlifts - NEW PR 117kg - 257.5 x 1 x 1 x 1 [went up OK, I think the carbs from the sandwich and cookies gave me a lot of strength. PLUS a couple of Chinese were staring at me, had to show them haha]
    160 x 10
    180 x 10
    200 x 10
    220 x 3
    240 x 2

My left arm gave out on this one when I went for 257 x 2, my right arm was managing fine but left gave up, need to do more barbel curls to increase left strength.

Hammer curls 3 x 8
    Concentration curls 3 x 7

Tomorrow is back and chest.

After the weights I did 360 calories worth of b iking, took a five minute break then did the rest until I'd achieved 1000 calories of cardio today.

I am absolutely exhausted, I drank about 1.5 gallons of water today, and it seemed every 20 minutes at the gym I needed the toilet!

It's going well and I'm feeling an energy to push myself more than I did before.