1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Going, Going Gone..... well thats the plan.

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Big_Simon, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Going, Going Gone..... well thats the plan. My Journal Pics added 1/22/08

I've debated writing a Journal or not but I figured it's another way to try to help me stay on track.

Today is January 16th 2008 Day 15.

When I started on January 2nd I got on my scale at home and it rocketed all the way around to 285lbs. Not great but not as bad as I thought it would be. This morning I went to my doctors for my 1st physical in years and his scale said 293.4 LBS!!! Depressing to say the least.

My calipers and tape arrived in the mail yesterday but I haven't had time to do my measurements yet I'll do those tonight.

Exercise today: Cardio 30min HITT at 6:30am, and 45mins of Cardio tonight. Core

Supplements: TrueStar Mens & ZMA at night.

#1 Big_Simon, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  2. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Figured I would add in my BMI info all in one spot.

Height 195 cm

Weight 131 kg

Age 29

BMR = 66 + (13.7 X weight in kgs) + (5 X height in cms) – (6.8 X age in yrs).

66+13.7*131+5*195-6.8*30

BMR x 1.5

3947.55 calories per day needed to maintain current weight -1000 to loose 2 lbs per week

2947.55 calories per day to loose 2lbs per week.

Protein Consumption 40%

290 Grams of Protein per day

1160 Calories per day from Protein

39.35472 grams per day

Fat Intake 20%

589.51 Calories from fat

65.50111 grams per day

Carbs

1208.496 Calories from carbs per day
    736.8875 grams of carbs per day

Percentages

Carbs 41%
    Fat 20%
    Protein 39%

3. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Here is my food intake. My diet is pretty consistent eating the same meals each day.

Breakfast:
    Egg white, 1 serving
    17 1 0 3
    Turkey, Ground turkey, 93% lean, 4 oz
    160 0 8 22
    Bread, whole wheat (including toast), 1 slice
    128 24 2 4
    Peanut butter (peter pan) No sugar added creamy, 2 tbsp
    200 4 18 9

Lunch:
    Tuna, Canned in Water, 1 can (12.5 oz), drained
    365 0 3 80
    Kraft Mayo Light Mayonnaise (Mayo), 1 tbsp
    50 1 5 0
    Nabisco Ritz Crackers, 1 serving 79 10 4 1
    Triscuit Thin Crisps (15 crackers=1serv), 1 serving 130 21 5 3
    Oranges, 1 large (3-1/16" dia)
    86 22 0 2

Dinner:

Chicken Breast, no skin, 2 breast, bone and skin removed
    519 0 6 109
    Salad dressing, Kraft Thousand Island, 2 Tbsp, 2 tbsp 70 6 6 0
    Vegetables, Mixed Salad Greens, 1 serving(s)
    15 3 0 1
    Iceberg Lettuce (salad), 1 cup, shredded or chopped
    8 2 0 0
    Kraft Jell-o Brand Sugar Free Low Calorie Gelatin Dessert (Jello), 1 Serving 8 0 0 1
    ( I've replaced my lettuce with spinach this week and am liking the change.)

Snack:

Perfect Whey Protein Powder, 64 gram(s)
    260 3 3 56
    Perfect Whey Protein Powder, 64 gram(s)
    260 3 3 56
    Motts Natural Apple Sauce, 1 cup
    50 12 0 0
    Banana, fresh, 2 large (8" to 8-7/8" long)
    250 64 1 3

Water
    8.5 liters 0 0 0 0

Totals:
    2,656 CAL 175 Grams CARBS 63 Grams FAT 351 Grams PROTEIN

I'm not too far away from my plan of 40:40:20
    Carbs 175G Needed 294G
    Fat 63G Needed 65G
    Protein 351G Needed 290G

4. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Measurments are up. Still fat! LOL

Friday January 17th 2008 Day 16.

Feeling tired today, didn't want to get up to do my cardio this morning and I think in the long run maybe the extra 30mins of sleep would have been better for me. I struggled through the intervals and ended up just walking at 4mph at a 6 degree incline for the last 13 mins.

Helped my wife's friends put together some IKEA furniture last night, and set up their new 60" TV. It's slightly ridiculous but they got a really great deal on it so they can't complain. I'll stick to my 42" Plasma though.

I finished my measurements before I left last night here is the list.

Height: 6' 4" on the line.

Right Bicep 17.5"
    Left Bicep 17"
    Right Forearm: 13.5"
    Left Forearm: 13.25"
    Chest: 44.8"
    Waist: 47.5"
    Hips: 49.75"
    Right Thigh: 29.25"
    Left Thigh: 29"
    Right Calve: 18.5"
    Left Calve: 19"

Weight: Well my home scale still says 285lbs but the doctors said 293.4lbs. Not sure if I should go and by another and see which is closer.

Body fat: I found this really hard, the instructions that came with my calipers were not the greatest and I kept fluctuating between about 27.3% and 34% body fat. Either way I'm one big fat SOB at the moment.

16 days in I'm slightly disappointed to have not see any changes in my body's size or my weight, I know things take time but a pound or two would be nice. I'm guessing that because I went from not working out to working out it's the increase in muscle mass that's hiding my fat loss? Maybe ?? Ideas??

Exercises for today:
    Morning Cardio: Intervals on my Treadmill
    After Work: Legs.
    Squats: 95lbs x15 x3
    Dead lifts: 65lbs x15 3
    Lunges: body weight x 15 x 3
    Step Ups 30lbs x 15 x 3
    Cardio Walking 4mph @ 4degree incline.

:cool:

#4 Big_Simon, Jan 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  5. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Saturday January 18th 2008 Day 17.

Why is it in the week I have to drag myself out of bed but the one day of the week that I can sleep in I'm wide awake at 5:30am?

Since my home office PC went up in smoke last weekend I decided to treat myself to a new computer. My last one was over 3 years old so I'm really impressed with the speed of my new HP. I also love the 22" LCD screen it's amazingly bright!

Exercises for today.
    Morning Cardio: 30min Interval on the treadmill.
    Afternoon Cardio: Indoor soccer game.

I thought that while I was down there I would take some pictures of my home gym. It's not pretty but it gets the job done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

#5 Big_Simon, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  6. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

I'm getting too old for this.

Sunday January 19th 2008 Day 18

Well Saturday was not my best day. I played a regular game of indoor soccer only to have my right knee collapse as I pivoted to change direction. I went to the ground in a heap, and ended up having to call my wife to come and get me.

I then proceeded to join her to watch the Leafs game while consuming 3 pieces of pepperoni pizza and a Carona. I get a cheat from time to time right?

I woke up this morning feeling bloated and my knee a nice shade black and blue.

I'm off to walk my dog in the freezing -16 degree weather, but at least it's bright and sunny.

7. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

is that a clock? if so that's awesome! :lol:

i keep reading your name as mrs miley!

good luck with your goals!

8. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

LOL I know I've requested a name change. I created the account when I was researching what equipment to buy never really intending to post all that much.

It's a clock! It came with my equipment. Cool eh.

9. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Monday January 20th 2008 Day 19.

Well I'm prefect still 19 days of eating correctly and working out and I'm still to loose even a 10th of a lb. I stepped on the scale this morning ready and excited to start week 4 and was presented with the very same number I was way back on day 1.

I'm not sure what to do other than stick it out. It is frustrating though when I see friends loosing 5-10lbs already who are not on strict diets and work out far less than I do.

My knee looks better today after my accident on Saturday, still pretty swollen and blue/purple and black but nothing that will slow me down.

Exercise for today:
    Cardio Day. Boooooooo
    AM Cardio: 20mins at 6mph at 4 degree incline.
    PM Cardio: 40mins at 6mph at 4 degree incline.

10. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Tuesday January 22nd 2008 Day 20.

SNOW we are getting some snow!! :claphigh::claphigh:

It really sucks living in Canada in January without any snow on the ground. This morning we woke up to a dusting with the promise of more through the day.

Nothing special after yesterdays all cardio day. I found my afternoon cardio hard because there was nothing to distract myself from the clock. 158 channels and nothing but Dr Phil and news on. I did manage to get it finished though with a respectable distance covered.

Exercise for today:
    Upper Body Day !!
    Morning Cardio: 15mins fast walk at 8 degree incline with 5lbs weights in my hands.
    Afternoon workout:
    Flat Bench x15 x3
    Decline Bench x15 x3
    Dumbbell press x15 x3
    Military Press x 15 x3
    Lat pull down x15 x3
    Cable Rows x15 x3
    Cardio: 30mins at 6 mph 6 degree incline

11. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Well here they are. I guess I never paid all that much attention to my size but **** looking at these pictures makes me sick.

Worlds best motivation: My pictures.

Attached Files:

12. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Wednesday January 23nd 2008 Day 22

Well after the horor of last nights picture taking session I went to bed early and promptly slept right through my alarms this morning. When I did fianly wake up I had just enough time to jump in the shower grab an apple and run out the door.

I missed my morning cardio. :mad:

After seeing no loss what so ever in the past 22 days I've started going back over my program again to see if there is anything that I could be missing. Honestly I don't know whats wrong, I know 22 days isn't that long but I don't want to wait another few weeks to find out that I'm not going to succeed on this plan.

I'm considering trying SGX, but I think I need to read up a bit more. From what I've read people either like it or say that you can get all the same info for free on this forum.

:confused: hmmm

Todays workout: Cardio Day.

Morning Cardio: 30 mins interval. Slept in. :mad:
    Afternoon Cardio: 45mins interval.

13. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Thursday January 24th 2008 Day 23

Well today is a rest day so not much to talk about really. I've contacted Chris about The SGX plan so I'll wait to see what he has to say. I hate when rest days fall in the week but thats my bad planning really.

Until tomorrow. :tucool:

14. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Friday January 25th 2008 Day 24

Well I normally like Fridays but todays started to down right crappy. I got on the scale this morning and I'm at 297.9lbs I've gone up again!

:mad::mad::mad:

I've called my Dr. and booked myself in on Monday for a full physical extended blood work etc the works. There has to be something physically wrong with me, that or what everyone else is suggesting and the BMI idea just doesn't work with me.

It's a rest day today and I'm going to keep it that way but I'm going t have to do something I'm so pissed.:mad:

15. Caruthias

Caruthias Well-Known Member

Yeah, looking at my old pictures makes me sick too. Looking at my current ones make me slightly disappointed. Use them for motivation.

Once you've lost, oh, 10lbs, get your pictures lined up side by side, in exactly the same size, and you'll find yourself with a whole heap of motivation to keep going.

BTW, have you decided anything in terms of SGX? It's pricey, yes, but you KNOW that eventually it'll work. Even if you gain more weight the first two weeks on SGX, Swolecat will tweak things for you until your weight loss is rolling along. Most coaches work best the longer they work with a client.

Also, there are more coaches than Swolecat out there. Christian Thibaudeau at T-Nation is a coach, and he has said his prices usually range about 300/month. If you read up on his articles, you may find you agree with his approaches, and would like him as coach. Alternatively, you may like Swolecat better. You can talk to users of SGX here for Swolecat, and the Physique Clinic will give you a darn good idea of Thibaudeau as a coach) (Although, interesting note, Thibaudeau once used Swolecat as a coach when he initially lost weight. He doesn't need a coach anymore, as you can see by reading his "Thibs Gets Ripped" thread at t-nation.)

#15 Caruthias, Jan 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  16. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Thanks for the info I haven't decided yet I am still waiting for a response on from Swolecat but I'm in Chicago for the next few days with little access to a computer. I had hope to use this weekend to make a decision but it's worked out better now with your information.

Thanks!

17. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Saturday January 26th 2008 Day 25

A huge thanks to everyone who posted in my 25 days in a I've gained 14lbs thread your information has been a huge help!

Today I'm flying to Chicago and then in meetings most of the weekend. Work is getting in the way of my workouts this weekend but I know my hotel has a pool so I'm going to do a bit of swimming to make sure I get some workout in.

Thanks again for the help and support everyone!!! :claphigh:

18. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Sunday January 27th 2008 Day 26

Day 2 in Chicago, nice city glad to be back for a few days. Nothing much to report today, worked all day on site teaching 3 guys how to install our tile. I'm cold, tired and feeling a bit sick right now so no exercising for me today. Besides 8 hours out in the cold should be good enough.

:)

19. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Monday January 28th 2008 Day 27

My last day in Chicago, flying home tonight at 7:40pm. If I'm lucky I won't miss my flight, but I've still got lots of work to get done today before we can leave.

I'm at the doctors for my expanded physical tomorrow morning, should be interesting to see where my levels are. I've also got a meeting with a dietician to go over a new plan.

Best of all I've got a 1hr massage booked at 3pm. :)

20. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Well back from Chicago, just in time for some snow tomorrow. It’s really strange living in Canada and being this deep in January with no snow on the ground.

My 4 days in Chicago earned me another .8lbs so now I’m up to 298.7.

But at least I’m ready to get starting with my new diet plan on Thursday. I’ve used today and tomorrow to try to modify the amounts of starches and sugars that I eat so that starting the diet won’t be such a shock.

Anyone think I can loose 10lbs in February?

Today is cardio day, so with my morning 30 done I've just got 45mins to do tonight.