1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Goal: Fat to Fake

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by cookeecrumbs, Jun 15, 2011.

1. cookeecrumbs

cookeecrumbs Active Member

Awesome day :)

Legs
    Squats
    10xbar
    7x95
    5x135
    5x185
    4x205

Leg Press
    10x180
    10x270
    10x360
    10x450
    8x540

Leg Ext
    10x50
    10x60
    8x65

Leg curl
    10x35
    10x45
    9x55 (did 10, but the last one was weak and probably an inch or two short of being full)

Kick Backs
    10x80
    10x90
    10x100

Stretched

I think I could have done more on the squats, I was being a wuss... I was shaky on the last 2 reps and decided not to do the 5th and I could have bumped up a little and done another rep or two. Same with the leg press - could have probably finished up the last set, but was shaky.

It was a fun day, but again, my body isn't used to sets over 3 or 5.

I've had a very fun, but stereotypically masculine day... before I went to the gym, I went to a reptile expo (and I think a crested gecko fell in love with me). After the gym, I went fishing and caught a fish. Tonight, I will be eating pizza (I won a free papa john's pizza and I have to redeem it in a week). Tomorrow will be a 14 hour work day and there will be no gym to say the least :)

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Coincidentally, on Friday I started a program that calls for ten reps per set as opposed to the five that I've been doing for the past few months. My body was definitely wondering what all this 8...9.. and more stuff was. :lol:

Since you caught a fish I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you went to a different lake than the one which doesn't have any fish in it. I'm acutely aware of the obvious. ;)

Lastly, watch out for those geckos; they can be heart breakers.

3. cookeecrumbs

Glad it isn't just me... it makes me feel good that a runner (aka, super cardio person) has a body that's wondering what's up! :D

While I make many mistakes, I try not to make the same mistake twice... I'm pretty good following this with men and ponds :lol:

He was sooo cute! So soft, beautiful eyelashes, striking eyes and he jumped on my chest several times for a hug I suspect. He even relaxed a bit on my hand and curled his back toes up!

While this is not him, this one is similar:

[​IMG]

I've been debating if I need something else to take care of... I mean, I don't, but isn't he cute? and did I mention he's soft? :)

On an unrelated note... I may need to date more :lol:

4. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

not the picture I wanna see on a Monday morning.:morning:
    couldn't you be a fan of koala bears or something?:nope:

5. cookeecrumbs

Hehehe - I think he's adorable :) I'll try to not post cute things on Sunday evenings though :)

Here is the not so cute copy and paste version of my workout today:

2" Deficit Deadlift 4x5 RPE 8
    145, 165, 185, 205

Bench
    Raw 15xBar; 10x65; 10x95; 8x115; 5x135

RDL 4x5 60s between sets
    95, 115, 115, 115

TKE 4x15 60s between sets
    Blue Gold's band

I got lightheaded with the DLs... I ate, I took a 30 minute nap, made it to the gym about 45 min after that... turns out food is mostly gone by then for me :)

I didn't train over the weekend other than Friday. The highlight of Friday was pause squats up to 155... pause squats suck, but I appreciate that I'm having to strengthen what the suit used to give me. I have not caught up from the last two weeks yet. I am squeezing training in, but fear I will be chasing my tail for another couple of weeks :blank:

6. cookeecrumbs

Finally made it to the gym again... went this morning :blank:

Bench
    20xbar
    5x95, 115, 135, 145, 155 - the 155 had fingers (not mine) on the bar for the last two reps... I picked a bad spotter, but there were limited choices around 7am.

DB Flies
    15x12.5
    3x15x15

DB Mil Press
    15x17.5
    3x15x20 Last set had to pause 15 second after rep 11

Cbl tri ext
    15x12.5
    3x15x10 - that's right... went down... was done

I felt quite weak this morning - I am hoping it's because I only slept 4 hours rather than I am losing strength and am going to start benching like a girl :lol: 15 reps of the little stuff was killer... I'm getting better to about 10 (versus the 5 of last week), but the last 3 or so are slow.

Ok, nuff piddling this morning... off to be productive :) Happy Thursday everyone :)

7. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

I've seen the weight some of the girls around here put up. I'd be happy to bench like a girl. :nod:

8. cookeecrumbs

I should have been more specific... like a girl at my "fitness club" :) There were two girls trying to bench and one kept getting stuck under the bar :rolleyes:

9. cookeecrumbs

Trained with the girls today - this will be the last girl training day for 3 fridays as I will be out of town the next two.

Today's highlights -

Pause squats
    5x5x155

Exercise ball leg curls... these freaken suck!!!

I have also confirmed that I have no abs... I did some today... they will become a regular thing as I was informed they will help squat and DLs :) (I told the trainer he had to tell me what it would help for it to become important to me - I am not convinced they are as important as tri work for my bench.)

Had delicious Greek food with all the PL girls, the trainer and another girl... I really like this bunch!

I am at home working tonight... but plan to go to a halloween party tomorrow :D

10. cookeecrumbs

I did something today that I have not done in a long time... SPIN :D

I love/hated it and am hoping to be able to do it again this week, although doubtful until Sunday.

I'm out of town Thurs/Fri morning and am in class Fri afternoon and Sat, so my workouts are going to be rearranged... the hope is MWF turns into MTW... while I hate no rest, I hate missing a workout more. I'm doubtful that I will have time to workout while I am out of town and if I do, it will most likely not be wonderful accommodations.

Happy Sunday!

11. cookeecrumbs

One of three "main" workouts this week - done!

Highlights:

2" Def. DL
    4x3x195

Bench
    5x95
    5x115
    3x135
    3x155 - interesting story below :D
    1x165

RDL
    4x5x135

TKE's with blue band

Non-fitness gym story :)
    So, I had a guy talk to me at the gym today :D It is rare that folks strike up conversations with me at Gold's and today I asked a guy for a spot on the 155... I remembered how weak I felt last week after the DLs. Well, this very good looking man agreed to spot me - I told him I was going for 3 and he spotted me - didn't have to touch the 155 at all :) So, he then tells me that it is commendable weight. I thanked him and told him I was a powerlifter. He continued to talk to me for about 5 minutes and left to do a set of his own. Spotted me again and chatted me up a few more minutes - turns out we both went to the same university at different times and both started in engineering (he finished in it, I didn't obviously). So, I was done with bench, went over to do RDL's finished them and was putting my weight up - he came over to chat with me a few more minutes - this one surprised me because there was no reason to go over there other than to chat. His name is Rick (I'm putting it in here so I can find it again when I forget). Rick is beautiful and very well built... I will be looking for him to spot me in the future :D Although I hate the benches at Gold's, I am looking forward to benching there again :)

*Yes, I realize there will probably be nothing of it other than a little flirtation, but flirting is fun! (and does not break my "no dating gym guys" rule... although I would consider bending it for this guy) :)

12. Ecrivain

Flirting is good. Nothing wrong with finding a little extra motivation at the gym. ;)

13. cookeecrumbs

You wanna come to ATL and give me a little more motivation? :D

14. Ecrivain

Beautiful, well-built engineer might show me up. :o

15. cookeecrumbs

I don't know... you've definitely got much more lickable calves ;)

Made it to the gym again tonight - Bench day

Highlights:

Bench 6x3x135 (RPE 8 if anyone is keeping track)
    Should have rested more, but I hate resting more when it's not super heavy...

DB Flies
    4x15x15

DB Standing Mil Press
    4x12x20

DB Elbow Out Tri Ext
    12x10
    12x12.5
    12x15
    12x17.5
    First time doing these... they were odd. I will get used to them
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCcnddrxxa8
    (not me in case anyone was wondering :lol:

Rick was there tonight - said hey to me (by name) and commented that I was doing bench again. I told him my workout schedule was messed up since I was going out of town and that I'd be back tomorrow doing squats. Told me if I needed a spot to let him know. Nice offer :) I didn't take him up on it. I think this might be a quickly passing fancy for me, we'll see :)

16. Buttersweet

It seems like the size of the DBs doesn't allow for a full motion. Does that matter at all? What about diamond push-ups? (I love those:D)

17. Ecrivain

Aw, c'mon. Don't write Rick off yet!

18. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

i like this one better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vyt2QdsR7E

19. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

gettn wicked strong in here cookee! :bow:

20. Buttersweet