1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

GM's journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Gila Monster, Jun 30, 2006.

1. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Nice calves!

2. Gila Monster

Gila Monster Well-Known Member

Wow, coming from you that's a really desirable compliment! :D
    Thanks!

3. Gila Monster

Sunday, the beginning of a new week, weeeee....

Today I decided to take a break from cardio and let my legs rest after yesterday's work out. My back is better, I think it was all a matter of bad form because I was already tired at that point and couldn't hold myself very well. Anyway, those single leg split squats really roasted my glutes! They are slightly achning now and Im expecting that pain to multiply throught the day. In the future I will move them to be the first exercise so that I will be capable of executing them correctly. I don't have a problem with my form on the rest of the exercises.

Today is my planned bicep/tricep work out. I want to replace some exercises with new ones that hopefully will have a better effect, as I'm beginning to feel that the usual exercises that I do are somewhat non effective anymore.

I will post detailes after the w/o.

Have a nice day!

4. Black-Dawn

Black-Dawn Well-Known Member

Good job on your calfs Gila. :tu:

Yesterday's Legs workout seem to be quite intensive.
    How is your nutrition going? Have you been able to gain
    weight in the last 2 weeks?

Shahar.

5. Gila Monster

Why thank you!

My nutrition has been somewhat low on protein, although definately better than what it used to be! I have in fact gained some weight, but I doubt it's all muscle.
    Since my scale is very inconsistant apparently I have gained between 1.5 and 2.5 kg (that's 3.3-5.5 lbs).
    I'm leaning towards the 1.5kg/3.3lbs, but hardly is it all muscle (if any :o ). I've been eating lots of olives the past 1-2 weks and perhaps the salt overload caused some water retention. I've been told my legs have become better shaped, but after being fluffy for a long time it's kind of hard to believe.

I guess I will know better once I set my diet right.
    After the planned hiking trip. :D

6. Gila Monster

[​IMG]

Yeah, ok. Britney is fat, that's no secret, everybody knows it, everybody got over it!

But it still makes me feel good about myself! :D

Ahh, the vanity! :tu:

7. Black-Dawn

Now what you've done?!

Do you realize until I looked at this picture I was able to wipe out all traces of Britney Spears existance from my personal reality?
    I'm going to have nightmares tonight with "Hit me baby one more time" playing in the background.

Gah! :mad:

Shahar.

8. Pantera

Pantera Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Gila Monster

Aah! The infamous song where she requests for a perpetual physical violence... I'm sure K. Fed would oblige!

Besides, I know you didn't recognise her from the picture before you read my post! :D

#109 Gila Monster, Aug 14, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  10. Gila Monster

A small update:

Yesterday I did my morning jog, only 2.5 km though because I had stomach cramps. I did my twicked bicep/tricep work out yesterday in the evening. I'm pretty happy with it, although I didn't use the proer weights as I was training in The Greenman's gym and the dumbbells there come in 2 weights: too heavy or too light. Oh well, too light was probably for the best because I was trying 4 or 5 new exercises and I a lighter weight to adjust.

I had the feeling that my weight training was showing zero results, so I decided to put 2 pictures together to observe any changes:

[​IMG]

Observation results as follows:
    1. Lifting heavy weight indeed does make one's muscles grow!
    2. I'm not happy with the size of my biceps.
    3. I'm in particular not happy with my left hand, it shows almost no progress :/
    4. I should train with the kind of exercises that train each hand separately rather than both of them at the same time (what a devastating blow to my lazyness :( ).

Diet was ok, not too great. I binged on some healthy, sugarless cookies. But I don't think that the whole wheat flour and the other good ingredients are really worth all the extra calories.

----------------------------

Today:

I did my morning jog, also only 2.5 km. That time of the month sure drains my energy and the will to live.

Diet was good, but I have the feeling that I ate too much. Then again, it could be that-time-of-the-month-related-bloatness. If I'm going to eat "by feeling", I might as well not eat when Im not hungry, and not consume too much food per meal. On the other hand, not eating enough may stall my muscle grouth, and Lord knows I need what little I have!

I still can't get over the extra inch my calves have gained!
    My legs look soooooooo sexier now! :cool:

I'm going to postpone today's work out for tomorrow. I had to finish yet another assignment today, and I think I did enough heavy lifting with my brain... If that made any scence.

GOD, I'm exhausted!!!

11. The Greenman

The Greenman Well-Known Member

Hey Gila.

Although our W\o wasn't perfect yesterday I sure enjoyed your company and I really Hope we can hit the Gym together again sometime. :nod:
    :bb: :flex:

I already told you what I think of your left arm and your total progress from your early pictures that you once showed me and untill the ones you took yesterday, so I'll spare you the "lecture" :p. Long story short: You are doing great! you really showed some solid muscles while lifting those irons yesterday.

As for your results. I do think that training one arm at a time should be tested, it might help. I myself have some excercises that I preform with different weights since my arms does not contain equal amount of strength, yet :D .

One day....We will go to the Gym and ppl will go like:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

You'll see! I have no doubt about it!!!
    Until then....:bb: :bb: :bb:
    :gl: 2 us both!

Never before have someone used so many smilies in one post.
    Another victory for the Greenman :D

12. Black-Dawn

Assuming the April photo is about how you looked before
    you started the "1 month weightlifting" I'd say there is some very good progress here.

Shoulders,Lats,Traps,Biceps and Forearms are all showing improvement.

I'm not sure what you are talking about regarding your left arm.
    Maybe these pictures don't show the matter clearly or maybe I'm blind. Anyhow I can't tell any major difference between your arms
    And its not that I'm not "sensitive" to these issues considering
    my left arm is 15" and my right a mere 14" (and Its driving me nuts)

If you are trying to even out your arms I suggest also using
    single arm versions for your chest/back movments (Dumbells for bench,rows, dully pully instead of regular pulldown ect)

Shahar.

13. Gila Monster

Thanks for the encouragment! I was really feeling like I didnt progress at all yesterday!

About my arms - my left is significantly weaker, and I can't see any change on it at all! :( I hope you're right! But thanks a lot for the training tips, I didn't think of doing the chest and back exercises for separate hands, although that makes sence. Much more sence than the sentence I just wrote, I think... But I just woke up so that's my excuse!

14. Gila Monster

15. The Greenman

The Greenman Well-Known Member

Haha!

Told you!

Great Job! I'm so happy to see you use your smiley again! [​IMG] and that BF%!

Good job Gila!

16. iceweaselsarecool

iceweaselsarecool Well-Known Member

Join the club, we have t-shirts:D

Hey, that's not true! It definitely looks better.

17. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

GM - your biceps are looking better I think. Your front delts look really impressive too, and you look leaner overall. I see really good progress for only 1 month of weightlifting!

I love the way you covered your face!! I'm going to have to do the same thing!

18. Gila Monster

Im starting a new trend! :spaz:

Thank you very much! I'm not sure it's a month of weight lifting. Probably 1 month of consistant weight lifting and another month (july) of inconsistant w/o.
    I always thought I was a hard gainer.

19. Black-Dawn

I think that had to do with your very low calories diet (most of the time).

Shahar.

20. Gila Monster

And lack of weight training! :lol: