1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Gluten-Free Suppliments?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by BarBill, Jan 5, 2009.

1. BarBill

BarBill Active Member

Hey everybody!!

New member here. First post is a shout out to my fellow Celiacs on the board.

Much like John S., I'm starting a new workout regiment in 2009 (wish me luck). Years ago (pre-CD diagnosis), I made great gains in my workout program with suppliments. But since going on a gluten-free diet, I cannot seemingly ascertain which suppliments (if any?) are GF?

I must have "please ignore" stamped on my forehead, as I've even tried writing directly to many of the mfg -- but have never received a response from any of them? So the question to you folks ... any luck/info in finding bodybuilding suppliments that accommodate your GF diet?

Thanks & cheers,
    -Bill

2. BarBill

BarBill Active Member

Anybody? Bueller?
    :(

3. Bt443407

Bt443407 Active Member

You might want to go to a GNC store and ask them - a lot of their products actually have labels on them that say "gluten free". I'm pretty sure pure whey protein powder is gluten free, but I could be wrong. And if it does contain it, just eat a shitload of chicken, tuna, eggs, turkey, etc to make up the difference.

I was tested for celiacs, but tested negative.

Good luck with your new program!

4. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

A very quick google search will find you some answers.

This is a whey protein I found that says it's gluten free.

Hope this helps. :)

5. AndiMAC

AndiMAC Well-Known Member

I sent you a PM regarding this.

6. zkat

zkat Well-Known Member

Bill,

The Jay Robb protien powders are gluten free. You will find a lot of them are GF, but since I am also Soy and Dairy free, I can't use most of them. You should also be able to e-mail some of the sponsors here and they could give you ingredient lists. GNC changes ingredient suppliers and last time I checked, would not cofirm GF status.

For what it's worth - I am making great gains without most supplements. (I say most because I do use gels while marathon training)

Welcome to the board and if you need any help, I have been GF for over 2 years now, so have a wealth of recipes and ideas!

Kat.