1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting ready for summer. How am i looking?

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by Hendrick245, May 5, 2007.

1. Hendrick245

Hendrick245 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much :)

2. Hendrick245

thats the plan, although im thinking im a little leaner than 13%. but hey i've never had a real BF test done so you could be right

3. Hendrick245

Thanks 1FastGTX...if i had arm like you do then i would really be ready...good job man!

4. mattback

mattback Active Member

grass is always greener syndrome. i have abs now, that are pretty visible unless i really load up on salt and water, but i dont' have anything up top, it's a shame.

how did you get so much mass ? how many calories do you eat, did you go n a bulk, or did you do it slowly, etc etc...

you're where i want to be next spring, so i'll be able to get to 9% for summer.

5. Hendrick245

grass is greener syndrome would be correct lol!.

I got this way in a crazy fashion. im 22 years old now, but since 14 years old i have always been active and played basketball ALL THE TIME. i was basically 6'1" 175lbs and not too much muscle. The when i was 17 i began experiencing panic attacks.

i was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and became really really depressed, my weight then drop to about 155-160lbs.

I got treated for the anxiety and depression and i decided to hit the weights to get my weight back up. My diet wasn't very good at all; but i managed to get up to 250lbs and about 18-20%bf.

And since then i have started and stopped cutting multiple time and progressed and regressed and all that.

And then finally this year i started a program from Layne Norton ( The Pro Natural Bodybuilder)....which has me CURRENTLY eating about 2200cals 150-180g of carbs depending if im doing cardio or weights, and about 45g of fat per day.

I've stuck with that diet plan since this January and here i' am

Sorry for the long post.:)

6. mattback

mattback Active Member

I try to eat about 2000-2300 calories a day also, and i currently weigh 150.2 lbs as of this morning.

It is a good amount for keeping me at about the same weight. I've gained five pounds in the past 20 days or so, and from gauging my bodyfat percentages, I would say 2.5-3 lbs of it are muscle and the remaining is fat. i seem to gain fat to muscle about 50/50.

The thing that worked best for me when cutting was doing my cardio every day, doing my heavy weights, and most of all, eating the right ratios and the exact amount of calories at the exact time for me. i'm kinda maintaining right now, working on picking up strength and endurance for this month. i'll probably cut again in june, we will see what my weight gets up to. I gotta get to 20 pullups !~! and benching 80lb dumbbells in each hand.

One thing that really fucks me up is eating at night. even if it's just protein and fats, i can't shut down soon enough at night. i'm STARVING at night. i don't know why this is. i'm thinking some hoodia might be right ... no clue.

but, like i said before, i wish i had your physique

7. Matthew Fowler

Matthew Fowler Active Member

I wish I had it too.. maybe one day i'll have something even a little close :D

8. Hendrick245

Wow it looks like you got a sound plan there...nothing to it but to do it now!....i dont seem to have the problem of eating too much at night; well i don't have that problem very often i should say. But once i reach my nutritional needs for the day and i' am still hungry, i just drink water and call it a night. The water fills me up and of course it do for general health and fat loss. I add some crystal light powder to it and it's like i get to drink juice all night :D

9. Hendrick245

Thank you, just get a sound diet, An intense but smart workout routine and you'll be there in no time.

10. AnonIMust

AnonIMust Well-Known Member

First off, great work.

Ha ha, I am doing almost the same thing (cals/carbs/fat) but NOWHERE near as succesful as you! However, you make me believe if I stick with it and train harder then I am on the right track and may get there some day.

11. Hendrick245

Oh absolutely, thats been the biggest hurdle for me to overcome is to stop worrying and believe in the program and stick with it. I was always one of the people who would start a program and then question it and then switch to another one and so on. But since January i started that program and i truly trust it. I have had to make myself trust it for the first couple of weeks, but after that and seeing the result i truly believe in it and have stuck with it completely.

Of course as i lose weight some slight modifications will need to be made and some have already been made. But the core of the program is still there and i like it!

12. Tennessee_G23

Tennessee_G23 Active Member

I would kill, yes kill, to look like that.

DAMN! How long did that take?

13. Bobby88

Bobby88 Active Member

Do you have some pictures before you started that program so we could see whether that program was really that successful or did you look great before that too? I think it would motivate me big time to see you from the period where you didn't have as much muscle :D.

14. Timbermiko

Timbermiko Well-Known Member

Your ready in my book....if you cut a bit more you'll look phenomenal:tu:

T

15. Hendrick245

well i know a couple of people i would be willing to let you knock off. lol

How long did it take me to look like this? hmmm...I screwed around with for a while with a not so clean diet and no so consistent training, so about 3 years. But if i have stuck with the proper diet and trained consistently from the start, i could have bee looking like this or maybe even better in about a year.

16. Hendrick245

Thanks, im adding a third day of cardio this week, so we'll see where that takes me. :)

17. Hendrick245

Hmmm. I take most of my pic on a cell phone so i delete them...but i'am pretty sure i can search these boards or the fat loss section and see some pics. I 've posted here before a while ago....and im sure i can find some pics from bodybuilding.com so i'll try to find them and post them later on.

18. Hendrick245

I found some old pics from late 2004 to early 2005. This is the first time i' ve seen them in a long time so i'm pretty embarrassed by how i was looking back then but oh well.

I was weighing about 220lbs in these pics. i couldn't find the pics of me when i was 250lbs...needless to say i didn't want to take many pics then, but i looked about the same at 250 just about 25-30lbs heavier.

Attached Files:

19. mattback

mattback Active Member

wow dude you really made good progress

20. Hendrick245

Thanks it took a lot of work and time to find my groove with the diet and training but once i did the progress came pretty quick