1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Get Better Sleep Challenge for March.

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Justitia, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Well, I fell asleep sometime between 1:00 AM & 1:30 AM and woke up a little before 9:00 Am. I

It was so dark, rainy and cloudy that I could not see out of my windows at all, they were so fogged up. My apartment's on the top of a 30 story building and pretty much has floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows throughout -- so it felt like I was in the ocean in a huge air-bubble box in being showered by a storm. :lol:

After a couple of phone calls, I decided to go back to sleep at about 10:30 and woke up a little before noon. So I got a little over 8 1/2 hours of sleep altogether -- and I feel great!

I am headed off to the gym in a bit.

Since we seem to be continuing this thread, instead of starting a new one, I am going to ask to change the name March to April so we don't lose our history and anyone can join at any time.

2. Kilter

Kilter Well-Known Member

How about just "Get Better Sleep Challenge"? :confused:

3. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I thought about that -- but I thought having "goals" was better than open ended.

But maybe I should just start a new thread.

4. Akira-Kai

Akira-Kai Well-Known Member

You guys are all just soooo lucky!

I have to sleep in a single bedroom with my 2 year old son! He is currently going through an insecurity phase and needs me to be next to him when he's sleeping.

Unfortunately sleeping is his least favourite pastime - this combined with exzma means that he spends the entire night wriggling, moaning, twisting, turning, stretching, flaling his arms and legs about, scratching, asking for a glass of water and looking out the window for the first signs of dawn at which point he says,

"Is it morning time?"

I honestly don't know how I'm able to get any sleep at all these days but I always seem to be OK the next day and it hasn't affected my training. I must admit to getting tired after lunch though.

Can't wait till he grows out of this. Hopefully I won't have to wait until he's 21!

#84 Akira-Kai, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  5. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Well... I hope you guys will follow me over to the Get Better Sleep for April challenge thread :nod: