1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

GAIN weight

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by jagge, Jan 21, 2004.

1. jagge

jagge Well-Known Member

Hi!

I've read about you and you have inspired me to do something about my body... Only my problem isn't weighing to much, it's weighing to little.
    I just turned seventeen, I'm 173 centimeters tall and weigh 52 kilos.
    I eat pretty normal I think, it's just that I burn fat like a mofo :D

So what should I do? I have access to a fully equipped gym so that's no problem...

All I want is to gain a few kilos and perhaps get some muscles as well :)

Please, someones got to help me.....

Thanks!

2. jardar

jardar Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has been drinking some kind of a protein-shake. Ever try those? Of course, combined with weight-lifting.

3. CuttinKing2183

CuttinKing2183 Well-Known Member

yea, check out www.bodybuilding.com and see what kind of protein shakes u can make with tons of 'good' calories.

4. moeamaya

moeamaya Well-Known Member

Most of these "healthy" alternatives to those sugar laden weight gain shakes, are made up of a Protein Blend (protein customizer), ground oats, and flax oil (or other healthy fat).

But gaining lean mass just means taking in a couple hundred more calories than your body expends throughout the day. Coupled with lifting, you force ur body to add mass in the form of muscle.

5. uberzone

uberzone Well-Known Member

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

If you're a "hard-gainer" and aren't worried about a little fat, your best bet is to up the calories and adjust your workouts. When I've bulked, I would get about 4000 calories/day along with double my bodyweight in protein. (2 grams per pound) It's hard to get that much in with a 100% clean diet, but do your best. And try to get as much of it from real food as possible. I tried not to get more than 25% from protein suppliments.

Try to keep the carbs as clean as possible. I try to get most of mine from wheat breads and wheat pasta. You will put a little fat on, but it's something you can always burn off later.

7. map200uk

map200uk Well-Known Member

Jonesy,

Im a hard gainer, and while not a total 'noob' or whatever you call it, i do have some trouble with my diet due to being at college, what would you suggest can i ask for a sample diet plan?

oh also how much protein should you have per meal i heard 30-50, anymore and well its straight out again:)

And carbs is about 50g i read, but that seemed a lot

cheers mate

Mark