1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Gain 20 Pounds With Carguy

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by carguy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

Get well soon dude. Keep that fluid intake high. You'll bounce right back.

2. Buster

Buster Active Member

Sorry to hear the carguy. If it's any consolation, I'm almost 10lbs down since starting the challenge!

Have started a new 2008 bulk now. Need to be committed! Have posted new pics, stats and routine here.

3. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Thanks Woodan and Buster. I'm back to work now but still not feeling 100%. Haven't been to the gym since Saturday. Kinda looking at this as a week off of lifting. My weight never got below 179# so I'm going to try to get back into the 180s. My beach vacation in early April is fast approaching so I need to lean up some anyway.

4. beginner84

beginner84 Active Member

sometimes taking a week off really gives you a mad boost once u hit it again :tucool:

5. emanphx

emanphx Active Member

So...

Anyone still reading this thread? :) I'm still a-bulkin', hit an all-time high of 186 two nights ago, but that was in the evening, and I always weigh myself in the morning after going to the bathroom. Still a record-high morning weight of 181, so in total I've put on about 13lbs since I started bulking again mid-January. Just had a pool party this past weekend, and when looking back through the video I'm not really looking lean or defined, so I'm not feeling too great about how my body looks again.

I've never really tried to get really big, my main goal was always just to lose most of the fat I had, which was primarily the "spare tire" around my waist, and I was definitely skinny-fat before I started working out and eating properly. From most of the journals and stories I've found about ectomorphs, they really need to bulk up a good bit before cutting to get their abs to show and get rid of that last bit of fat. Am I finally at the point in my bulk where I could cut for a while, and finally reach my goal of getting rid of my "spare tire" and getting more of my abs to show up properly? Right now I've still just got a bit of a vertical line at the top, and that's about it.

Current pics from 2 weeks ago are below. Thanks for any and all input guys, and hopefully some of you are still bulking, or planning to join up again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]