1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Gain 20 Pounds With Carguy

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by carguy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. emanphx

emanphx Active Member

Definitely seems like this thread's died down now.. I finished about 2 months of cutting and dropped a few pounds, but nothing I could really notice visually. Back to bulking now and I've already gained over 5lbs in the last month since I started back up. I've been rock-climbing twice a week, so I thought that would replace the cardio I used to do 3x a week - I think that's been the trick to pack on a lot of weight real fast, no dedicated cardio for me. I don't notice any more fat on my body, so I'll keep at this for at least another month or two and see where it brings me. Feels good to be back up close to 180 again!

2. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Don't know exactly what that means. All I know is that I really feel it in my biceps when I work them, more than any other muscle.

3. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Eman, good to hear your update. Yeah, I think most everybody here has stopped bulking, except for maybe Reeze and beginner84 and Foley. I stopped trying to gain weight, and for me that means I'm going to lose some. And I am. Down to about 183 but I'm enjoying working in some cardio. Like you, if I want to gain, I can't do cardio. Good luck with picking up some quality mass.:eat::bb:

4. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

Hey! I'm still in! :(

5. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Sorry, man. I don't come back here much and I'm forgetting whose still working at it. How much more do you want to gain?

(Actually, ever since Woodan got too fat too quickly and dropped out to get SGX thin, I've been lost without his chart updates.) But I'm happy everyone seems to be making progress in the direction they want.:)

6. Nowhereman

Well I'm a couple pounds shy of the initial 20. But I think I went to go for another 10 maybe 20. Maybe.

7. beginner84

beginner84 Active Member

hey carguy !

i decided to give my shoulder workout a new direction after watching a guy at the gym who had great shoulders.
    particularely, what he did was he concentrated on ONE ARM side lateral raises, which looked a lot
    more controlled and smooth than when i watched myself doing them with both arms at the same time.

so my plan is to finish off one shoulder completely before working the other,
    and changing the starting arm around each week.

that would include both "normal" lateral raises aswell as bent forward for the posterior delts.
    i somehow sense that this will make my delts DETONATE :mad:

btw how do you like my Chin/pullup Lat-pulldown superset routine, gave it a shot yet ?

8. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Working one at a time sounds like a good idea.

I tried the chin/lat superset and it was really hard for me. I'm going to keep at it but lower the weight on the lat-pulldowns so I can keep going. Before my last workout, I did 9 chinups, which is good for me.

9. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

OK, this is kinda wierd. Last week I sent my gym an email just to let them know that I like their new facility and that I have had a very positive experience since I joined almost three years ago. I also attached some pics of me at the time I joined and now. Today, while I was doing arms, the Director of Sales came up to me and said everyone was really impressed with the pics and letter and asked if they could use me in their next newspaper ad. I wasn't sure at first but then I said yes. So now the whole town if going to see me. I'll let you know the reaction, if any, I get. :eek:

10. Nowhereman

Dang! Sweet back pic arms and shoulders look sweet!

11. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Thanks, NWM. I'm please with progress there but would like to widen my lats. Just finished a grueling back workout which should do the trick if I can keep up that level intensity on all back workouts.

#831 carguy, Feb 9, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  12. beginner84

beginner84 Active Member

you wont find time to type getting pussy-chased :tu:

13. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like your gym is gonna try and cash in on your hard work and determination. If you'd be with a trainer of theirs I could understand this, but haven't you just been doing your own thing which you could have done at any gym?

14. Nowhereman

They should give you free membership or something.

15. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm married.

This is true, but I was just complimenting them on their great establishment. I know my results are not because of their dumbbells and squat rack, but they provided the means to match my determination. And the trainer I worked with is still there and he got me started in the right direction. I saw this trainer this morning and he commented on my progress. He couldn't believe that I had taken before pics. He said most people don't do that. I have JSF to thank for that because I had joined this site one month before I joined the gym.

I'd be happy with a T-shirt.:spaz:

16. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

I guess so. It would be nice to find yourself in that situation. All the gyms I've been a member of have been awful. They are fitness clubs really. If I do ever join one again I want it to be a real gym, but it seems they are quite hard to find.

You're lucky, I had my laptop stolen that had my before pics on. Now, I only have some pics from about 3-4 months in.

But enough beating about the bush, are you gonna show us the pics you sent them or what?

17. beginner84

beginner84 Active Member

so what, didnt say you had to give in on them girls :cool:

congrats again cg !

18. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Well, here are the pics. They're not new to you folks but I think even the people I see at the gym and in day-to-day life will be surprised to see them. I don't exactly look muscular in my street clothes. :lol:

#838 carguy, Feb 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  19. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

Wow, I'd not seen that before pic that I can remember. It looks like two difference people! No wonder the gym guy wants to use them for a newspaper ad. Your gym will be rammed once that goes out. Excellent work. :tu:

20. beginner84

beginner84 Active Member

i can absolutely understand the positive feedback you experienced after sending in those pics !