1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Frequency of Stomach Vacuums?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by The Bied, May 3, 2004.

1. The Bied

The Bied Well-Known Member

When I first read about these, I thought they were somebody's bad idea of a joke. However, after doing them for five weeks, I have gone from having a gut to having a mid section that looks like it used to only when I "sucked it in" :tu:

Of course, my diet helped too, but I'm sure these were a factor.

I am still incorporating these into my "ab" days, which is currently two days a week. My question is, is it okay to do these every day? Since I can do them virtually anywhere, anytime, I figured it might be a good idea to do them everyday so I can hopefully retain or even improve my new look. However, I don't want to do that if it would be considered "over training".

Thanks!

2. Haircut

Haircut Well-Known Member

From the Ab Bootcamp
    I would be interested to hear other peoples views though as I have been a bit reluctant to do them all the time because of the same thoughts you had.

3. J2kDarkSkies

J2kDarkSkies Well-Known Member

they're the same as any other muscle, do them on your ab day. What if every time you saw SOMETHING (anything!) That you could curl, would you? NO WAY! because if you did you would overtrain leading to the opposite of what you want. Do them twice a week. 3 sets, etc. I've also been doing these and I must say i can't wait to see results!

4. mwarren19

mwarren19 Well-Known Member

OK, you have peaked my interest....Can someone explain what a stomach vacuum is and how to do them??? Thanks

5. TheHamburgler

TheHamburgler Well-Known Member

6. HIIT MAN

HIIT MAN Well-Known Member

7. The Bied

The Bied Well-Known Member

Okay, so we got one "yay" and one "nay". Anyone else doing these? How often?

8. J2kDarkSkies

J2kDarkSkies Well-Known Member

I'm doing them twice a week, and showing good results, as you say you are. If it aint broke, don't fix it. I suggest that once you stop seeing improvements then you talk to Jeremy seeing as how he wrote the article and will know any and all about it.

9. txitalian

txitalian Well-Known Member

How often do you do them per workout? As far as reps per set

jason

10. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

i'm doing them on my ab days (on a two-day split). i do four sets, currently holding for 20 seconds and trying to increase both quality and duration.

11. HIIT MAN

HIIT MAN Well-Known Member

How do you do your brating during the vacumn? Hold breath or breathe slowly?

12. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

I breathe slowly, focusing very hard on not allowing my breathing to interfere with the muscle contractions. I have found that I have to concentrate very hard to get these right.