1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Free online coaching VIA Chad Waterbury!

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by bradh, Mar 27, 2006.

1. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Check it out guys - t-nation certainty is a different kind of company.

link: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=989984

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=989984

2. TylerGred

TylerGred Well-Known Member

This should be interesting. I always love reading his articles.

3. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

You in? :confused:

4. chang

chang Well-Known Member

I'm in.

Hopefully he can help me get better prepared for the upcoming soccer season.

I'm looking forward to his book as well.

5. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Interesting. I'd posted in his locker room thread after I finished my last round of TBT, and he said I should do Waterbury Method followed by Art of Waterbury. I'm limited on workout days in the near term due to travel, so 3 days a week is about all I've got. Wonder what kind of workout schedule this would be on...

I've liked his programs that I've tried so far, so if I can work it in, I'd do it.

6. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Chad's new post:

With only 3 workout sessions and 3 cardio sessions a week anyone that is serious about getting lean for the summer shoul be able to follow this program.

7. TarSeal

TarSeal Well-Known Member

I'm seriously considering this...:confused:

I'm moving right in the middle of the thing though, so diet is gonna be almost impossible... crap. :mad:

8. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

You could just do it start it late and be slightly behind everybody else.

I've looked at my work schedule, and it looks like I'm on the road almost the whole month of April for 3+ days a week. Gah! Not sure what to do.

9. TarSeal

I don't think it'll be feasable for me now that I think about it. I'll be in a hotel and eating at restaurants from April 30- late June... I'm gonna try to milk that temporary living policy for all it's worth...:evil:

Maybe I'll save it and pick it up once I'm in somewhere permanent... but then it loses the coolness of being live with the trainer and other participants... At that point I could just pick up any program.:confused:

10. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

I am actually highly considering this for its duration. I am going to see what the workout he posts looks like, and if I can see myself enjoying it, I am going to give it a shot. I've never done a full body routine, so I'd be curious to see what happens. I'm not sure I can deal with the monotony of it though, so we'll see.

If nothing else, I am going to use his T-Dawg 2.0 diet until summer.

11. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Chad's programs use alot of different excercises, you will use different excercises each session. He is also breaking it up in phases so i doubt monotony will be a problem. I think your body will respond very well to more frequency, i believe you followed split routines for a few years or more...?

I was going on a split actually before this came up, using 2 daily sessions 4 times a week but i have to manage my time more soon so i think i will be going with 3 fullbody workouts a week again.

12. TylerGred

I'm defiantly interested in seeing his routine.

I'll most likely be in...

13. hemburger

hemburger Well-Known Member

I am in. However, diet might be an issue as I am a vegetarian. I will do what I can to keep up on the diet.

14. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Link to first two weeks.

15. karatetricker

Sweet jesus :eek:

I am going to think a lot about whether I want to try out this routine, we'll see.

Where can I find descriptions for half these exercises I never heard of, like: Hang Cleans, Bulgarian Split Squats, Single Leg DB Deadlift, DB External Rotation, DB Romanian Deadlifts, DB Pullovers (is this 1 DB or 2DBs)?

16. TylerGred

If this is his routine for an intermediate lifter, then I'd hate to see his routine for an advanced lifter...

I'm going to try some of it out.

17. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Here are a few of them I found in a hurry:

Hang Clean
    Dumbbell Pullover (I've seen this described with 1 or 2 DBs)
    DB External rotation
    Bulgarian Split Squats

I'd assume Dumbbell Romanians are similar to the bar RDLs. Basically like a stiff legged DL, but you move your hips/butt back at the initiation of the movement, and the weights stay more in close to the leg, instead of just keeping the legs perpendicular to the ground and bending foward and out and having the bar travel away from you as you bend instead of staying close to the legs.

#17 MannishBoy, Mar 31, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  18. karatetricker

Cool, thanks a lot.

When he says A1 A2 B1 B2 etc, does that mean superset A1 with A2, B1 with B2, etc? He says rest 60s between pairings, but what about between A2 A1 (after you superset them)?

Also, what does load 8RM or 14RM mean?

Sorry for all the questions, I've never seen a routine like this. If there's an article that explains all this, feel free to link me if you have it.

Thanks!

#18 karatetricker, Mar 31, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  19. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

He says not to rest between pairings of arms and legs or single limb exercises. So, I guess if you are doing a hang clean, you can rest, but not a should press/row pairing. And yes, A's go together as supersets, B's, etc.

8RM = 8 rep maximum. There are lots of online calculators that can tell you what this would be if you know your 1 rep max. The problem is they only go up to 10, so 14 is harder to figure. 8 reps is supposed to be about 78% of 1 RM. 12 reps is about 70% of 1 RM, so I'd probably use a weight somewhere around 60-65% to start for a 14 RM. Of course, everybody's endurance is different, so you might not match the standard tables.

You might want to read some of his other stuff on T-nation to get an idea of his philosophies. I've done total body training, and am currently doing Waterbury Method. He's got lots of programs out if you're interested. I like his stuff. It is challenging, I like full body workouts, and I always end up learning new exercises :)

20. TarSeal

This will certainly cause many participants to puke. :lol: Chad may be having a little fun with this one...