1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

franksjourney's picture

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by franksjourney, Feb 2, 2004.

1. franksjourney

franksjourney Well-Known Member

Here are the pictures for this month. If your interested in my work out history, I put a description in the daily journal section here.

In short, these are the pictures for me starting before I started this 90 day program called "Power 90" (4/05/03 - 7/20/03).

Then I had a hard time struggling to maintain my work outs after the work out program was over and my body started to shift back (8/19/03 - 12/26/03).

Near the end of December I started to get my act together and I decided to do make some goals for the next 6 months.

So for now, I'm doing another 90 day program called "Body for Life" and I'm currently on my Day 30 in that program (12/26/03 - 1/31/04).

I discovered this site about 1/6/04 (after it appeared on fark.com) and I was really impressed with John's dedication. This place seems like this the type of community I want to surround myself with so here I am.

Here is my progress so far, internal struggles and all. I have very high expectency that in next coming months I will have more better visual gains. Wish me luck.

[Update 2/29/04]
    Here are my latest pictures. It's suppose to be my "Day 60" pictures but they were actually taken on my Day 55 since it's the end of the month. Not much changed in terms of stats except my body fat dropped down from 11.9% to 8.5%. I'm not sure if I'm measuring it correctly, but I like the visable results. I not sure what to expect in the last 30 days. I'm just going to push hard and hope for some modest gains.

[Update 4/26/04]
    Well I finished my 90 day Body-for-LIFE program. Here are my before and after pictures. More pictures can be found on my web site. I enjoyed the process very much. This is the best physical shape I have ever been in my life. I own it to the supplements I took and the way I ate and the discipline I had in working out. I have to admit part of the aid was writing in a journal everyday. There's something really powerful in writing and daily commitment. John knows this and I feel this as well. Max-OT for me next week. I look forward to that as well.

Some stats:
    Before weight: 145lbs
    After wegiht: 140lbs

Before Body Fat: 12.7%
    After Body Fat: 7.5%

Other stats are are on my web page if interested.
    -Frank

#1 franksjourney, Feb 2, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  2. escher

escher Well-Known Member

You've made some great and obviously noticeable gains. Very impressive. And these pictures are before a 90 program you are on? keep us updated!

3. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Good job Frank! :tu: You dont look far from achieving you goals.

That happened to me whereby I made some really good gains and got my bf% pretty low and then backed off a bit and gradually let some of the fat back on. It happens so easily. I only put on a couple of kgs and now I'm back to where I was and going strong.

keep it up :db:

Marcus

4. franksjourney

Hi Escher,

Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate you feedback. If you look at the pictures the last 2 pictured dated 12/26/03 and 1/31/04 are my current progess in my current 90 day program. I'm at around day 30 now. The others are just from my previous experiences. I saw your thread and I see that your making great progress as well. Keep it up and we'll have a pose down come end of March or June. haha

Take care,
    -Frank

5. franksjourney

Hi Marcus, thanks for the input. I was really shocked to see how much I slipped off after my initial progress. But now I'm back on track and honestly, I don't think I've ever been in this good shape in my whole work out life. I'm pretty excited about my future results, I just have to make sure that I can cut down that body fat and make sure I eat right. I think maintaining what you have is actually harder than hitting your goal. You'll have to call forth a different type of motivation. Hopefully we'll both be able to maintain our progress this time around.

Good training to you.
    -Frank

6. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Hi Frank,

Great job, excellent detail! (I read your Journal) Even though you slipped up a little, with just a little over a month of hard work you are all shredded up again. Keep working hard and I have no doubt you'll start packing on the muscle!

:tucool:

7. Evil Hx Coupe

Evil Hx Coupe Well-Known Member

WoW!! You made alot of progress quick!!! Keep up the good work.

8. franksjourney

Hi John,

Thanks for the inspiring words. I like my results in the last month as well. I have more muscle definition now than before, but my body fat is still a bit higher than before. That's meanly because in January I was still not committed in eating well. But now it's Feburary. This month, it's a different story. I'm telling you man, these pictures drives your will to levels you didn't think was possible. Feels freakin' great. LOL I'm glad to hear your reading my journal. Shoot, I'm just glad to hear SOMEONE's reading it. LOL I look forward in reading your updates everyday as well.

Take care,
    -Frank

9. franksjourney

Thanks from the feed back Evil Hx Coupe. I think I made pretty good progress this month too. I can't wait for next month's pictures. It should be great. Plus I'll be getting measurements too, so it should help me pump me up for the month after that. LOL

Take care,
    -Frank

10. Zan

Zan Well-Known Member

WOW Frank!

Your new pics show some huge progress man. In two months you've made amazing strides. Your dedication (I read your daily updates, they're very good) is inspirational. Congratulations :tu:

11. BamaDave

BamaDave Well-Known Member

That's amazing progress for two months! You have really tightened you waistline. :claplow:

12. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

Great update! The difference in definition from last month is amazing.
    Where are you going from here (maintenance, bulk ..)?
    What was your experience like in the last month? I find that trying to get the last bit of fat off to be very frustrating, and you've done it. Congrats!

13. Revlis

Revlis Well-Known Member

Good work at cutting the fat! Our very own Bruce Lee ;)

Can you tell me what your diet is like. How many calories etc.

Thanks

14. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

Nicely done. The results are very obvious. Any plans to begin a bulking phase after you're done with the BFL program?

15. Destiny

Destiny Well-Known Member

Your getting some really nice muscle definition! :claphigh:

16. franksjourney

Hi Zan,

Thanks for the kind words. I glad you enjoy reading my ramblings about my daily workout experience. I enjoy writing them for fun and for helping me stay commitment to this workout program. I hope your training sessions are going well also.

Take care,
    -Frank

17. franksjourney

Hi Jimbo,

Thanks for the positive feedback, they really help me stay focused on my goals when other people can see a difference as well. I'm still going to finish this program. I'm doing the Body for Life program and it's a 90 day program so I have about a month to go. My goal is to cut down on the body fat but I always look to gain strength. After March, I plan on resting for a week and then do the Max-OT or the HST workout routine. During this time, I plan on focusing on getting some bulk. Maybe 10 lbs, but definitely the goal is to increase in strength. For me losing body fat is very challenging. My weight fluctuates a lot during the day. I just happen to take these pictures on a empty stomache. haha I'm still trying to figure a good formula to cut down my body fat but I hesitant to resort to counting calories (although it's proven that method works.. just look a John and many others). For now I still watch what I eat using the "protions" method as describe in the Body for Life program. Lately I've actually been eating more. I'm able to get in 6 meals a day now where's before I only got in 4-5. My weight has not deviated much so I'm glad. I agree with you that cutting down the last bit of body fat is hard. I hope we both stay persistent and stick with it until we reach our ideals.

18. seeDerekNow

seeDerekNow Well-Known Member

Impressive! You are totally ripped! Looks like you're ready for a nice, clean bulk phase (if that's your goal).

19. Gohan

Gohan Well-Known Member

20. uberzone

uberzone Well-Known Member

great progress bro :tucool: . can you give some insite on what your diet looks like? we have a similar build and i'd love to know what your eating to get those results.