1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

FORUM Statistics, John?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by akm3, Jul 12, 2009.

1. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

Hey John, I've been visiting for a very long time (before you opened the forums actually, although I didn't register right away)

You posted a big deal awhile ago about how you've upgraded the servers, average visitors, etc.

I'm curious how the forum volume has done lately, as you transitioned for your old house to your new house, weren't on a super strict cutting or bulking goal, and haven't updated the forums as regularly as you did 'in the beginning' where you could get a picture every day and you still updated during vacations.

Has the last year seen steady forum volumes, declining, increasing, etc? I still love it here. I refer all my fellow fat IT co-workers here, but I'm not seeing as many new faces as I'd hope.

Since this is the *Best* fitness site on the internet that I've found (owing to actual valuable information, properly moderated forums, and a wonderful, helpful community of 'not steroid' people, and YOU), I want to do my little part to help make the community better/grow.

-Allen

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Traffic has been on par, or above, that of previous years. Actually we set a forum record for the most active users online a few months ago.

Things always slow down in the summer around here, presumably because this is a forum of fitness enthusiasts and not keyboard warriors. Summer is a great time to get off the computer and enjoy sports and other outdoor activities.

I'm not sure if you are remembering correctly. My last bulk was ultra-strict. I didn't miss a workout or a meal for 4 months. No drinking, no cheats. I did pretty good. :)

I think your memory may be playing tricks on you. I've always taken time off from updating the site while on vacations.

The average is 10-20 new registrations each day. That's held pretty steady since the forums came online back in 2004.

I could certainly increase traffic by adding a section for prohormones and steroids, allow flaming & personal attacks and remove the restriction on religion and politics. Of course I won't do those things because I do not want this place to be like many other sites. My attitude has always been quality over quantity. I like the niche JSF fills.

Post, be helpful, encourage others to post and spread the word. :)

3. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

Things sound healthy: that is GREAT!

Yes, my memory must be playing tricks on me...Or maybe I'm thinking back to 2004 where you hardly ever took any vacations. Or maybe I'm misremembering that.

Please continue with the quality over steroids/flaming/religion, it truly makes this the only fitness destination worth visiting on the internet.

4. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Sorry to invade this topic but i really couldn't agree more and its for the reasosns you both mentioned that JSF is the ONLY fitness forum/website i will ever keep coming back to

Cheers john!

5. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

Hey John, I have one more statistics question:

What % of your visitors come from, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, iPhone, etc?

I wonder how many JSF's are Mac users? I know you are a very busy man with much more important things to do, but if this geeky stuff interests you and don't mind sharing...