1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Focus: Strength

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by woodan, Aug 26, 2009.

1. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

Since the last post I've been doing a 3 day split. Legs/Arms/Back. I've not been doing chest as my left shoulder has still been giving me shit. I've been going to the local gym which is a bit shit so I've been doing stuff on their machines. The exception is leg with which I've been mixing up squats at home and some stuff at the gym.

It seems to be working though. Today I did squats at home. I worked up to the following:

5x130, 3x140, 1x152.5 (New PB), 0x157.5

I reckon if I'd gone for the 157.5 without the other PB I would have got it. I got 152.5 relatively easily.

I also did some light-ish bench so test my shoulder. I did 2x10x50 and on a 3rd set my shoulder hurt so I stopped.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Good work on the squats it is a nice feeling to have 3 plates on either side and to lift it.

3. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

My left shoulder has been hurting for weeks now. It's really pissing me off.

4. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

And now my right knee had sheering pain down the shin squatting 20kg. My body is a wreck. Time off I think. Then I'll lose some weight. I'm too fat.