1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Focus Pocus

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by dejavued, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

Well you didn't miss anything in the early game! And honestly if you only watched the end of the rams/raiders - you didn't see much either apparently :confused: (I went to bed I didn't watch the end, but I see that Carr threw a pick six at the end) I don't want to go all conspiracy theorist over here but dang I think this no preseason with the starters stuff really makes the first part of football season bad.

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

I've wanted to do the Epcot wine and food great for years. You'll have to let me know what you think.

Hopefully you'll get tickets to the game. It's really a matter of how much you are willing to pay.

Nice job working out while sick and working hard

3. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

yah i agree it's a pretty ugly first couple games usually.

i have the rams defense on my fantasy team so that pick 6 was pretty sweet for me! lol

we went the last two years and there is definitely loads of yummy stuff to try. we usually try at least something from every country and just kind of share it. one of my favorites was a meat pie from "brazil" that used yucca. lots of good stuff. i'll let you know what i think this year for sure!

as for the eagles game..... my gf is from nj and grew up like a half hour from philly so she's always been a huge eagles fan. since she's lived her adult life elsewhere she's never got to make an eagles game.....so we pretty much HAVE to go. lol i'm sure my wallet won't like what it takes....but yolo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bw: 142.6

sleep: 8 hrs.

hrv:

nutrition: 1648 cals (143c/145p/57f)

workout:
    bb dl: 120 x 8; 170 x 8; 200 x 8; 230 x 8
    bb mp: 60 x 8; 70 x 8; 75 x 8, 8
    inverted row: bw x 12, 12, 12, 12
    db rev lunges: 30's x 20, 20, 20

energy: excellent

work day physicality: 7 (9 hour shift, big packs)

motivation: high

stress: 10

so today was a weird day. i completely wigged out mentally. like soooooo, so so so grumpy. this happens sometimes before aunt flo gets here....but i knew this wasn't a hormone thing. mostly just irritated as hell by having to be home alone with my mom everyday and just some other crap. but i was being super, duper negative. and it lasted all damn day. took me until almost 10pm to pull my head out of my ass and get in a more positive place. and whew it's mentally exhausting to be negative. don't miss that! lol

in contrast physically i felt AMAZING today. had to lift a ton of really heavy rolls, as well as climb under machines doing change-overs.... both things which usually highlight sore muscles or get me tired.....but today everything just felt awesome. shocking with the lower calories and a decent workout today. guess my body is enjoying this full body, lower intensity training. my joints definitely feel very good. anyways just something random i noticed today. whoop.

4. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

bw: 142.0

sleep: 7 hrs.

hrv:

nutrition: 1689 cals (161c/139p/57f)

workout:
    bb rdl: 150 x 10, 10, 10
    bb bp: 70 x 6; 90 x 6; 110 x 3; 125 x 6; 115 x 8; 105 x 12
    belt sq: 115 x 12, 10, 10
    pronated grip pullup: bw x 6, 5, 5, 5
    db row: 60 x 15, 15

energy: good

work day physicality: 4

stress: 7

booty and upper back had some doms today. workout felt great. nutrition was golden. getting it done!

inlaws are in town so i'll be sleeping downstairs (we give them our room when they are in town) and doubt i'll get more than 6 hours of sleep. we'll see!

5. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I like your assessment of your nutrition. :)

Good macro's.

dejavued likes this.
  6. macdiver

Your girlfriend is from my current neck of the woods (when I'm home which is not often). I was going you say "FLY EAGLES FLY" but wasn't sure where loyalties lie and didn't want to offend.

7. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

sweet. we make it up there to visit at least once a year.

i'll be wearing an eagles tank and hat and definitely flapping my wings all game! lol

but i'm definitely a bengals fan.....and very excited about tonights win! was able to watch the whole game on my phone at work. good night!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bw: 143.0

hrv:

nutrition: 1747 cals (174c/137p/60f)

workout:
    bb good mornings: 90 x 12, 12, 12
    chest supported bb rows: 90 x 12, 12, 12, 12
    inc bb bp: 90 x 11, 10, 10
    bb bsq: 110 x 8; 140 x 8; 160 x 8
    bb stepups: 140 x 24, 24

work day physicality: 5

stress: 4

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Congrats to you on a nice win by your team last night.

9. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

thanks! it was an ugly middle....but we iz 2-0!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

bw this morning was 142.6 lbs.

today is my 7th straight day lifting (and the previous six were all full body) so i'm sure i have got PLENTY of volume this week. because of this i decided to do a more low volume/higher intensity day. the style of lifting i really enjoy! needed to get something in since i will not be able to train all weekend.

workout:
    bb dl: 120 x 6; 190 x 4; 240 x 2; 260 x 2; 270 x 3
    bb mp: 60 x 6; 80 x 4; 100 x 2; 105 x 1; 90 x 5
    pgpullup: +5 x 3; + 10 x 3, 3
    bb stepups: 170 x 16, 16

nutrition will be right on today. won't have a chance to log since i think we are headed to orlando after work.

can't wait to eat my way around the world at epcot and then one of my gf's beer reps came through this morning with tickets to the eagles game sunday so we will go straight to the game from orlando sunday morning. so stoked on that hookup!!!

10. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

Fitzmagic giveth... Fitzmagic taketh away

dejavued likes this.
  11. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

indeed!

----------------------------------------------------------------

so can't mentally get my shit together. ugh. feeling like super pms'y and negative and unmotivated.

got in a workout yesterday and today. forgot to log last night after work.

spent this morning doing 4 loads of laundry, lifting and prepping some food for the week.

we are very busy at work.....but as usual..... due to not having supplies we can't work overtime. nothing makes me get in a gloom like when there isn't overtime at this job.

but anyways i'm the only one who can turn this frown upside down. so i suppose that had better be what i'm working on the next couple days.

blah dee blah.

12. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

so i'm going to take a break this week from logging my food and being in the 1700 calorie range.

what i've done the last couple nights is log all day and make sure i'm hitting my protein and veggie goals with calories around 1400 when i get home from work. then i'll eat a couple snacks and maybe have a beer and just not worry about logging it. this gets my calories ending up under maintenance and lets me feel very little stress/work.

then i'm going to hit the "cutting" hard again for the next two weeks. strict. logged. low calories.

i've lifted all week..... just not in the mood to log..... and will be doing deads and squats in a few minutes.

bodyweight was 142.8 this morning.

i'll likely check back in..... but don't plan on regular logging again until next monday.

13. macdiver

I trust you had a good time at Epcot. Hopefully you enjoyed the game even though the Eagles lost.

Sending you positive vibes that your mood changes.

14. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

yes...epcot was a good time. it was by far the hottest year we've went though. and got pretty crowded by early afternoon. so hot it was hard to eat since a lot of things i wanted to try were served warm. next year it will be back to waiting until later in the fall to go.....and choosing a weekday.

thanks for the vibes!

-----------------------------------------------------

so i just couldn't get it together mentally last week. had absolutely no drive to lift or log nutrition. actually didn't care much about anything. ended up not lifting for 7 straight days. got back at it on friday and have lifted each day since. yesterday was deads and squats.... today will be an upper push/pull. nutrition was decent over the weekend and perfect yesterday. aunt flo finally showed up sunday and i immediately began to feel more human again. ugh....hormones had me a hot mess this time.

nutrition will be solid this week (hitting macros and eating in a deficit) and i won't be skipping any workouts. probably won't get back to the super focused/logging mode. i have to get my sisters baby shower all planned and we have friends coming into town early next week to stay for the week. next wed/thurs we are going to universal for halloween horror nights (yearly friend group tradition) and then that saturday we are hosting the shower. so it's super busy. but my motivation is good and i definitely would like to lose some more fat.

mid october things should settle down to much more normal. then i will get serious about what my current fitness goals are and try to get back the mojo i need to get it done!

15. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

just a super quick check in. last week was great nutrition and workout wise. getting it done. leaning out for sure. bodyweight was 141 this morning. been getting enough sleep and hitting my macros so all is well. super busy this week. back to normalcy next week! onward!

16. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

nutrition was spot on yesterday and got in an upper workout and 10 hour work shift.

back to regular logging tonight.

short term goal is officially to lose 1" off my widest belly measurement. I'll take the "start" measurement in the morning.

boom, boom, boom.

17. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

bw: 143.0

nutrition: 1508 cals (140c/145p/40f)

workout:
    bb dl, bb bsq, belt sq

work day physicality: 7 (10 hr shift)

stress: 3

18. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Due to her being from the area, I feel I must ask: What does your g think of Gritty?

Jaer
    is glad you know you need to wear Eagles colors if you watch the Eagles play in Philly. It's just the safe choice.

19. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

i've been meaning to ask her since i saw him on the news! lol! i'll ask and get back to you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bw: 142.8

nutrition: 1538 cals (140c/143p/45f)

workout:
    incline bb bp, chest sup rows, facepulls

work day physicality: 8 (10 hr shift, 25" rolls)

motivation: very high

stress: 3

20. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

ok so i have the plan for the next few weeks. aiming for 3 straight weeks (21 days) with a deficit to lose 1.5 lbs of fat per week. that ends up being 1550 calories since my last known maint was about 2300.

days where i work 10 hours i'll allow 1650.

day 3 is in the bag.

it's been a HOT minute since i've had calories this low. not too hard just takes a little more work to have nutrition spot on so i'm not starving and actually get some volume in mah tummy.

after the 21 days i'll probably take a week or so with higher calories and then get in a couple more weeks cutting.

belly/love handle widest was 35.5" this morning so i definitely have MANY inches to lose. when i was nailing the nutrition in early 2016 this measurement was only 32.5" lol.