1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Fitness Log (A spreadsheet to track your progress)

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by adi, Jun 25, 2004.

1. themuss

themuss Well-Known Member

Yeah this is bugging me as well, I cant insert any new rows for my foods, anyone know how to fix this?

2. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

How do i get the buttons to work in openoffice?

3. Dev

Dev Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble opening th file. I have office with all the latest updates, however I am on a mac. I have the latest OSX 10.4. It goes to open it then after enabling macros it stops then goes to microsoft error reporting. Eh...the life of a mac user.

4. sc7389

sc7389 Well-Known Member

How can I save the spreadsheet as a webpage? It says it's password protected.

5. Trey

Trey Well-Known Member

As was stated before by others...

Wow. This is a great tool. It sure beats the things I had cooked up, and makes meals. calories, etc alot easier to keep track of.

Thanks.

6. novmode

novmode Well-Known Member

Feature Request:

Can you set up the daily menu with quantities? IE I put in one base unit in the food menu, then in the daily menu i insert a quantity.

Say i eat 3 eggs, instead of putting an egg in the daily menu 3 times, there is a quantity button next to eggs that multiplies the values by 3.

7. soz

soz Well-Known Member

I'm actually working on that right now.

8. JoeBrandner

JoeBrandner Well-Known Member

Mac Problem

First i want to thank you for making this excel sheet... it has been a ton of help in organizing my diet. But i seem to have a problem... When i try to use it on my mac os x 10.4.3, excel version 11.2 it crashes.... any suggestions for fixing this? I would really like to us it on my mac (so i can perfect my diet during class :whistle: )...Thanks
    Cheers,
    Joe

9. Turzy

Turzy Well-Known Member

Really nice.
    Congrats for the good work.

I am running on Win XP, Microsoft Office 2003.
    I have a little problem though, I cannot dial in my DOB (07/17/78), it pulls up a message saying that the oldest date I can enter is 01/01/1900...I'm not that old lol

nevermind, got it worked out, just had to enter it as D/M/Y, instead of M/D/Y

10. Ramlaen

Ramlaen Well-Known Member

As a note this works in open office as someone stated, but open office is not a linux only program it is availible for windows and maybe mac even(since its written in java). It is a free replacement for word/excel/powerpoint. www.openoffice.org for anyone who wants it. Anyhow thanks agai nfor writing this :tu:

11. .gif

.gif Well-Known Member

the buttons don't seem to work in openoffice for windows xp.

12. Quickliquid

Quickliquid Well-Known Member

I agree this would be extremely helpful and save menu space

13. zacsdad

zacsdad Active Member

Adi,

Quick question, how did you come up with the aerobic values on the exercise menu. If I go to think muscle and use the calculator and input my weight and say 30 minutes or so????? I just cant figure out how you come up with the values that you come up with!

And thanks by the way for the spreadsheet, you will make my life as well as others a heck of a lot easier!!

Thx,
    ZD

14. adi

adi Well-Known Member

I no longer remember where I got my information for the exercise section. I think it was a member in a previous post in this thread that suggested I add the excercise section and he pointed me to the info, so it might be in a prior thread.

of course the calorie and description fields are are merely a sample, based on my workout. They are freely editable.

15. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Active Member

marcus' equations for BMR are give, but it doesnt seem like they are used. i select the BMR method, and have entered my stats (5'10", 175lbs, 20 years, M, and at least cat 3 exercise. This gives me 1272 as my BMR, but if i use marcus' equations, i get a much higher value.

am i not undersanding this right, or is your bmr method different from his?

16. krzn65

krzn65 Active Member

Adi thanks for creating the Excel log. This should help me keep track of my meals every day.

I am using Excel 2007 and I haven't had any problems yet.

Thanks again

17. DesignedLogo

DesignedLogo Active Member

I have tested this spreadsheet in Excel 2007 on a Windows Vista Enterprise machine, and it performs flawlessly.

Thanks!

18. DesignedLogo

DesignedLogo Active Member

Definitely a good idea. I'd also like to see the menu items changed to reflect such a change. Put in the nutritional information for 1-cup of Skim milk, and just input .5 for half a cup.

19. djfiraga89

djfiraga89 Active Member

great spreadsheet! thanks!

20. Reign

Reign Well-Known Member

This is awesome. It blows my spreadsheet out of the water.

Should it take into account "net carbs"? Technically this wouldn't be technically correct, but should I deduct fiber grams from carbs? For Column L cells, type in =x-Mr, where x is # of carb grams and r is the row #?