1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Fitness Log (A spreadsheet to track your progress)

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by adi, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Dorvaan

Dorvaan Well-Known Member

Potential "Problem"

I am looking to use your spreadsheet, however, I am noticing a "problem", unless I am missing something. What happens if I want to add more foods/excercises than you have space for. For example, right now, there is no space left to add a Chest/Pecs excercise. Is there a way around this? I only ask because I know for a fact that I will have many more foods logged, then you have room for.

Also, are we limited to only adding two fodds per timeslot?

2. adi

adi Well-Known Member

***Import Instructions***

The following is a bit of paraphrasing from a previous snotfu post. I will use it to create some decent import instructions to help anyone who might be trying to import from a previous version.
    OK, snotfu, you sent me your last 2 spreadsheets. both were version 2.06. 1 was for june thru december last year and the other was for january to march this year. Sadly you cannot import 2 old spreadsheets into 1 new one, so the best I could do is import your latest one into the new 2.07 version. Here's what I did.
    1. rename the old one (the one you are currently using) to anything other than fitness log.xls. I chose fitness fitness log-old.xls.
    2. close it...make sure fitness log-old.xls is closed.
    3. open the newly downloaded 2.07 version of fintess log.xls
    4. on the setup page:

a. do a reset
    b. fill in the 5 personal items (just copy exactly what is in fitness log-old)
    c. make sure fitness log-old is closed.
    d. run the import.​
    5. during import:

a. the first thing import will do is pop up a file window.
    b. locate the fitness log-old.xls file and open it
    c. the import will then run, importing data from fitness log-old to the new fitness log.
    d. you will see lots of stuff happening on the screen...things will jump around all over the place...pretend its a fireworks display and enjoy the show.
    e. if during the import any messages about categories pop-up, click OK on them..​
    6. once import is done, a message will popup telling you that both files are being closed. click OK.
    7. open your newly imported fitness log.xls and check for any errors or missing data...hopefully there will be none...I've never had any.

Thats it. I successfully imported your current 2.06 into 2.07 with no issues whatsoever.

I figured this out but cant explain it. Using the v2.06 you sent me I changed my system date to 3/2/2005 and added today weight. when I clicked "create todays menu" I got an error saying that the date 3/2/2005 does not match anything in the wld page column D. I checked an on the wld page column D there is no 3/2/2005. there is however a 3/02/2005...so this all boils down to a difference between m/d/yy and m/dd/yy. Somehow the format of that column got screwed up in your copy. Rest assured the v2.06 and 2.07 I have on my system do not have this issue. I'm sorry you had this problem...excel is only as good as microsoft makes it. Please download a nice new copy of 2.07 and import your data like I detail above and lets hope you never see this problem again.

#122 adi, Mar 23, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  3. adi

adi Well-Known Member

Thanks

Stacey, thank you for the kind words...they are greatly appreciated:)

4. adi

adi Well-Known Member

Thanks. I never bothered with a confirm, because you usually dont go to the setup more than once....but the suggestion has merit and I will add it to the next version.
    Sadly, no, you cannot modify the menu pages. they are what they are. Its been downloaded 700 times and you're the first to ask. increasing the ranges would not be a massive change, but it would make the spreadsheet extremely long and hard to get thru. its already too long and even I find it annoying to constantly scroll up and down...but excel, what can you do.
    If more folks ask for this I will do it, but for now my preference is to leave it as is in regard to this...sorry.

5. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Can anyone who is computer savy PLEASE configure this for Mac OS X. I have microsoft excel but there is a porblem with something called macros

6. adi

adi Well-Known Member

Good Timing Erik. I think I stumbled across the fix for the macintosh problems. But before I post it and prove myself a liar I need a volunteer to test it out. I'm lookin for someone who will:
    1. be willing to run thru every button this application has and email me any screenprints of errors recieved.
    2. be willing to do this back and forth several times if necessary as I work thru any new bugs.
    3. be able to email me back and forth in a timely manner, say within 24 hours. previous macintosh volunteers either never emailed me back or were very slow in responding (weeks.)

So if anyone is willing, reply back here...I only need 1 volunteer, so whoever replies back first will be my tester. If I need more volunteers in future I will ask again..for now just 1.

Also be sure you are running mac office 2004...Im not prepared to test anything older yet. I want to get it running under the newest version of excel first and then work back if I can.

7. Primetime

Primetime Well-Known Member

Adi, your use of the macros in this excel sheet is great! You are the man! I created something like with drop down menus and such but no where near as good as this!

Thanks again!

8. adi

adi Well-Known Member

v2.08

version 2.08 has been posted in the first post of this thread.

Version 2.08 Features:
    1. Enhancement: Added a confirmation to the "Reset Spreadsheet" button.
    2. Enhancement: More detailed instructions for the import function.
    3. Enhancement: Office 2004 for ;) macintosh OSX support. Some fonts are a litte small on the mac, but it works without errors.
    4. Enhancement: If Importing from v2.04 or newer, the "current month(imported)" sheet is now incorporated added to the bottom of the "current month" sheet. No more duplicate sheets for the current month.
    1. Bugfix: Found an issue with importing old monthly menus. Would only import current year. Now will import the last 36 months worth of old monthly menus.
    2. Bugfix: Import would sometimes cause errors by leaving references to the old spreadsheet. A message would display every time the new file was opened referencing a linked sheet. This is fixed.
    3. Bugfix: "The date x/x/xxxx does not exist on column D of the WL Data page" should now be fixed. Appears to have been a cell formatting issue. Old format was *3/14/2001, new format is 3/14/2001.
    Wow, since becoming a sticky, version 2.07 was downloaded almost 1000 times...Amazing!!!:claphigh:

9. SnotFu

SnotFu Well-Known Member

Works perfect! Thank you for all the hard work Adi.

If anyone is hesitating because they think this is too complicated or not going to work, you can stop now. Download 2.08 and get started today.

This document will make tracking your weight loss/gain progress so simple that you can focus 100% on the physical side, instead of mulling over figures and numbers. There is simply no better way to keep track of your daily menu and exercise routine.

10. fanatic_snowboarder

fanatic_snowboarder Well-Known Member

I just downloaded your spreadsheet, and opened it up in OpenOffice 1.1.0, which is installed at my work. I am quite unfamiliar with OpenOffice, so I'm not sure how to get the buttons to work. Is there a setting somewhere to enable the form elements (like buttons)? Thanks for any help on this! ~ Alan

11. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

When I click on the "Create New Month" tab in step four it gives me an error message. "Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the Macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe."

Just wondering if you know how to correct this.

Thanks for this by the way, I am trying to lose weight for wrestling SAFELY so that I can be more competitive next year.

Thanks for all the work you put into this.

12. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

In Excel, go to Tools --> Macro --> Security...
    Select "Medium" and click Ok
    Close Excel and reopen the spreadsheet.

13. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

I did that and it is working for me now. Thanks

14. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

One more thing, on the Weight Loss Data chart. I found out what my Body fat percent is but I don't know how to input it into the blank space in the info section on the current statistics. I also want to know how to put in how much is lean muscle and how much is fat mass. Does it do this automatically once you enter your measurements,(I have)? Or do you enter it?

Thanks.

--Xander

15. texas_slim

texas_slim Well-Known Member

Excel spreadsheet and Mac OSX 10.3.9

Curious, I recently ran across this Excel Spreadsheet and I have a MAc running OSX 10.3.9. I am able to open the file and enter info in but when I save it and then try to reopen the saved file, it shuts down my Excel software. Got any ideas? Thanks!

16. adi

adi Well-Known Member

BFP is covered in the instructions on the setup page. BFP is entered on the current month page (ie, the Jun '05 page) right under the weight...just put in the %age without the % sign. so 15, 20, 25, etc. You can enter it as often as every day or whenever you feel like it...the WLD page gets update automatically.

17. ekomomai

ekomomai Well-Known Member

just downloaded it adi, just cant get it working it says something about needing a security sig or the setting is to high so i lowered it to med then low and still not working...whats there to do mate?

18. webwide

webwide Well-Known Member

Deleting Days

So I was trying out the spreadsheet and I now have Three versions of June 10. How do I delete the two that I don't need?

19. webwide

webwide Well-Known Member

So you'll be rolling out that customized web app...........when???

:D

20. OsCaR

OsCaR Well-Known Member

Ho my God! This Thread is Amazing, this is the fist time i see IT!!!

This program will save me a lot of time!! :claplow:

I really donĀ“t know how i miss this thread!!!

Thanks Men this is GreaT!!!