1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

fitness journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by tammy, Oct 3, 2004.

1. tammy

tammy Well-Known Member

Thurs. October 21, 2004
    8:00 wake up
    8:20 Lean Cuisine beef portabello - 220

8:55-9:45 weights
    lower back 1X10@100, 2X10@120, 2X10@140
    lat pull-down 4X4-6@60
    one arm row 3X6-8@25
    dumbbell shrugs 1X10@20, 1X10@25, 1X10@30
    flat dumbbell press 4X8-10@12
    abdominal 4X15@100

10:30 vegetable beef soup - 260
    3:00 cheesecake - 360

It's a good thing I went to that MAX-OT site. before, I had exercises in all the wrong groups. I thought the shrugs were for the shoulders and the press was for the arms. When I do the lat pull downs, I feel it a lot in the arms, shoulders, and chest, but not in the back :confused: I'm pulling it down in front of me like the instructions say. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I need to reposition the hands - right now I like to have them shoulder width apart. I also think I need to roll my arms back and then shrug up during the shrugs because I feel them mostly in the shoulders the way I do them now and the OT site says they're for the back.

I know the abdominal is a little out of place today, but my arms were too tired to do any more chest/back exercises and I felt like doing one more thing.

I was given a surprise today. Just on a whim, I flexed my arm. I wasn't actually expecting anything considering I just started working out, but there was a definite lump from my biceps. My right arm is a bit bigger than my left so i have to figure out how to get my left arm to catch up.

I need to buy some gloves or something. I'm starting to get calluses on my hands and now that I'm upping the weights, it's getting uncomfortable to just hold the weights.

#21 tammy, Oct 21, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2004