1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitness and Transformation Links and Online Resources

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by marcus, Feb 4, 2005.

1. kenchi

kenchi Well-Known Member

Senior Fitness and Bodybuilding Site

Here's one for the "Over 50's" gang - and it is "non-commercial"; absolutely nothing to sell.

http://netconex.com/kenchi

2. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Hi Pablo. This is probably not the best place for this, but I guess it doesnt really matter.

If I were you, I'd do a bulking phase first. As long as you keep your diet rather clean, you'll probably lose some fat. And one you've finished the bulk, all of that extra muscle mass will help you lose the remaining fat quicker than if you did the cutting phase first.

Marcus:tucool:

3. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Hi Kenchi. Great Site!:tu: There is some great info there and you certainly dont have to 50 or over to benefit from it.

Thanks,

Marcus:tucool:

4. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

marcus-haven't heard from you in awhile. good to see you're still out there.

5. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Thanks Nico. Life has been rather crazy in the last 6 months (full time Uni and full time work). I dont have time to post much, but I still find time to browse the boards every now and then and see how everyone is (I find that as long as I browse it only takes 15-30mins, yet when I start posting, before I know it an hour has passed :doh: ).

Take Care,

Marcus

6. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Yeah I've noticed that too--

I always recalled your contributions being well-researched and intelligent. Are you a certified trainer now?

7. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Thanks mate. I've always been a certified trainer, well before the birth of this forum. I did a course that lasted a year, which in Australia makes me fully qualified. However, I've never worked as a personal trainer because its not really an industry I'm interested in (I did the course out of personal interest).

Thats why I dont post much, I've got to the point where I know most things (of course we're always learning) and because pretty much everything about fitness has already been discussed here and it kind of gets a bit boring after a while. Plus I think the reason I've been successful with my transformation is that these days I dont think about fitness much, I just do it and its quite a load off the mind. The only thing that keeps me coming back here is that this board is rather unique in the fact that its populated by really good people (no flaming etc.).

Hows life with you? I noticed there hasnt been any heated discussions in the core stability thread for a while, so thats a good thing:D :p

8. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Yes no one has crashed the core stability thread in awhile :lol:

I hear what you're saying about reaching a point-I feel like the only area to really learn more for me is nutrition and inury rehab/prevention.

When you get to the point where you know what you need to do and have read the same advice thousands of time, it becomes much more about motivation and keeping healthy.

I'm also working on a few websites on the side dedicated to modern fitness equipment and information, high end sports equipment, as well as soft tissue therapies (myofascial release, etc.)

9. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Cool.:tu: Be sure to let me know when you get them up and running. I'd love to check them out.

10. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

It may be awhile. They have been 'under construction' for quite some time. If only I could bottle up all the time I've spent on JSF and use it toward more productive pursuits. :blank:

11. kenchi

kenchi Well-Known Member

Marcus--

Thanks for visiting - and your kind words. My prime goal for the site is to encourage, inspire and motivate other seniors to adopt fitness, bodybuilding and sound nutrition as a way of life - and to let them know that they are not alone. There *is* life after 50, 60, 70 and even 80!

12. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

You're Welcome mate.

I cant tell you how many times people as young as 40 have told me they are too old to lose fat. Sure it gets more difficult with age, but far from impossible. I've sent your url to a few friends who have given me this response before. Its a shame when people think the body isnt willing when in fact its the mind that isnt willing.

13. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

kenchi-I checked out your website. You're ripped man, for a 69 year old or a 29 year old!

14. OoOGazOoO

OoOGazOoO Well-Known Member

Hi Marcus, nice to see you around again, always liked reading your stuff on here!!!

Btw mate, you into the Storm? ? ? ;)

15. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Thanks Mate:tucool:

Yeah, I still follow them. I used to go to the games back when I played Union (Storm's first 2 yrs in the NRL). When they won the Grand Final in such spectacular fashion, it satisfied me to no end, and since then I havent followed them as closely (largely because it couldnt get any better than that).

16. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

17. owoed

owoed Active Member