1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Fit women over age 42 to age 89 on parade

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by Justitia, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Sooze

Sooze Active Member

AN AMAZING THREAD

I have returned to this thread (as a lurker) many times because it's SO inspiring and have decided to join up!!!

Justitia - thank you so much for keeping this thread going over the years!!

Carole - you are my role model!!!

I'm 59+ yrs old, from the UK, and have been on my path to fitness for the past 2.5 yrs after 40 yrs of doing nothing. For the past year I've been following Body For Life (but don't manage to eat as clean as I should!) and just finished 8 weeks of Turbulence Training. I have made great changes, inside and out, but still have a way to go. I'm beginning to think that my fat has got so cosy, it don't wanna leave!!!! My next challenge is to 'up' my cardio and get into some serious fatburning.

I look forward to seeing some more inspiring stories/pictures.

Take care

Sooze :jumping:

2. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:)Dear Snooz I thank you for your generous assessment
    of me ………I have worked hard but that said there are
    so very many more people out there who have done the
    same and are so much more worthy of being a ‘role
    model’ for you or anyone else who wishes to do the best
    by themselves and their body; I am truly humbled and
    thank you.

I wish I had specific knowledge to impart to you but
    beyond the suggestion of lifting weights……….as heavy
    as you are able and with consistency coupled with
    cardio HIIT and a reasonable diet (and not to say ‘Spartan’),
    is, IMO, the best and truest way to reshape a more ‘mature’ body.
    I’ll look forward to reading your future posts and watching
    what I am certain will be a magnificent metamorphosis to
    where you wish your body to be! :tu:

3. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

:eek:
    I had no idea she was that lean. She does seem to have pretty generous sized triceps, but I'm amazed at how prominent her veins are. And how vacant her lower cheeks look compared to the upper part. I wonder if that's closer to how she "normally" looks, or if that was an off day, or an evil photo editing job. I've heard similar criticisms of Angelina Jolie's hands and arms. And my kids hate the way my arms look and feel immediately after my workouts.

What looks gorgeous from a certain angle or pose in a particular fashion or lighting (and/or airbrushing help) might be off-putting from another view.

It's interesting that we have more exposure to candid celebrity shots as a balance to what a person looks like outside of studio lighting, and what flaws become more noticeable as a direct result of trying to achieve a certain kind of look.

4. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

:eek: X 10000

She looks like she just walked out of a POW camp. Seriously.

However, there are lots of other inspiring women in here who have made some pretty impressive transformations. :nod:

5. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I saw those pictures of Madonna as well and thought the same thing -- she looks incredibly thin. Given that she is and perhaps just having worked out, at her age (50) we start losing our subcutaneous fat, which is why vein start popping out. I was really distessed when it started happening to me and my dermotologist explained the cause to me.

Madonna also looks like she has collagen plumped into her lips -- and I was wondering if she had work on her cheek bones.

I've though about collagen injections myself -- but I am afraid it might numb out the sensation in my lips... and I just love kissin' I would not want to miss out on any of that. :angel:

6. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:) I thought this an appropriate place for the following............

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear woman,
    Happy Birthday to you.

Luckily for us, we have you with your willingness to share knowledge, expertise, wisdom, wit and so very many other attractive strengths and attributes that I can't even begin to enumerate. "You" are just another reason this particular forum is such a very special place .......

Enjoy your maturity and fear not..........all thing are possible and the BEST IS YET TO COME Justitia.............61 is as young or as old as you choose to make it and I suspect you will make the most of it! ;)

7. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Thank you sooo much Carole!!! Your kind words always mean a lot to me.

It's been 1 1/2 years since I posted any new pictures here -- though of course the MOST impressive one is of our own Carole on her 69th birthday. I don't think I could count up the number of women of all ages who wouldn't kill for that killer bod!!!

But fortunately we don't have to commit homicide to look like Carole... we just have to crush those weights at the gym and improve our nutrtion.

SO I thought, as today is my 61st birthday (and thank you for the birthday congrats Carole) I would give myself of a gift of updating this thread.

I too need inspiration, particularly as I am coming back after about 3 years of medical issues and pretty much lost all the gains I made when I first join - except of course for muscle memory :D (Thank goodness for that! I feel it as I am starting to workout again.)

So here is my birthday gift to myself and to everyone out here on JSF - a new addition to the Women Over 42 thread!

And fortunate for us that we Don't need to commit homiced to get those killer bodies because our next candidate is

Police Officer Tracy Gordon of Montgomery, Texas!

Officer Gordon was the Body-for-Life 2008 Champion for Women in the age 46 category.

Here is her story (and don't foget to check out her before and after pics below.... I am sure a lot of guys on this site wouldn't mind being hand-cuffed by her...;) )

:claphigh: :claphigh: :claphigh:

Attached Files:

8. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:)TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY……….70 YEARS OF LIFE EXPERIENCE BEHIND AND LOOKING FORWARD TO EVEN MORE IF FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE BLESSED WITH HEALTH AWHILE LONGER!! :claphigh:

LAST YEAR I POSTED A ‘WIMPY’ BATHING SUIT PICTURE HERE ON JUSTITIA’S THREAD AND LAMENTED THE FACT I HADN’T A “MUSCLE PICTURE” TO PUT UP… HOWEVER THIS PAST YEAR I HAVE MADE WHAT, IMO, ARE SIGNIFICANT GAINS IN STRENGTH (NO SMIRKING FROM YOU YOUNGSTERS OUT THERE……….. 5, 10 OR 20 LBS “IS” SIGNIFICANT TO THE LIKES OF ME!) AND HOPEFULLY ‘SIZE’; ADDITIONALLY MY COMPUTER SKILLS HAVE IMPROVED AND AS A RESULT……….. I OFFER A COMPOSIT “MUSCLE :bb: PICTURE”. :o :D

I DO WANT TO EXPRESS MY APPRECIATION FOR, AND THANKS TO, ALL OF THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO SO WILLING SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE, OPINIONS AND INSIGHT ON THIS FORUM, JUSTITIA FOR THIS THREAD AND OF COURSE MR STONE FOR PROVIDING THIS UNIQUE VENUE.

Attached Files:

9. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Carole, HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY:D

AND:bow: there is no denying that you are one muscular lady, thanks for posting the pics;)

can't wait to see the bikini photos in a fortnight:)

10. greengirl

greengirl Active Member

Spacebarnotworkingsincebabyspiltwateronit,butIhadtopost,sorry

Carole,youareamazing.Ihaven'tpostedinalongtimebutfeltcompelledafterseeingyourbirthdaypost.HappyBirthdaybytheway.
    ItblowsmymindhowawesomeyoulookandIcanonlydreamtolooklikeyouwhen
    Iturn70orrightnowforthatmatter.Kudostoyou.Youareanultimateinspiration.:tu::tu::bow::bow::bow::dreamy:

11. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Happy Birthday Carole!

You've built some serious muscle there. I'm glad you are taking the opportunity to share it with us, to celebrate it, and to be proud. :)

:bow:

12. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:) Jedi, greengirl, guava……….thank you ladies, obviously I needed the “strokes” or I wouldn’t have posted the pictures ::nod: You were most kind to have taken the time...........:)

13. Chadster

Chadster Well-Known Member

That is just amazing :nod: :tucool:

14. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

[​IMG]

Gosh, I am so glad I happened to come on JSF today in time for your birthday, Carole.....

You are by far one incredible inspriation to us all.

Those are totally amazing pics....

:bow: :bow: :bow:

#174 Justitia, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  15. Cocomartinez

Cocomartinez Active Member

Carole - happy birthday!

And thank you for your hard work and generosity of spirit, thoughtfulness and encouragement in the forums. :bow:

16. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:) I’m back now to thank you Chadster and Cocomartinez and of course you Justitia (Oh what a dazzling “Happy Birthday” wish!) for thinking to help me commemorate my (ahhhh………:rolleyes:) 7th decade!! Better than the alternative...........yes? :nod:

17. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

:doh: ohff i missed ur birthday carole!! sorry. hope it was absolutely marvelous!!! :tucool:

edit: :doh: :doh: double ohff.... i missed ur photos (they weren't showing on other computer)....damn woman you have the most AMAZING arms. :nod: :dreamy:

looking fabulous squared my dear. :D:

#177 dejavued, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  18. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

I hope you had a happy B-Day Carole -- I think most of us would be pretty happy to have arms like that at any age! :nod:

19. modmaven

modmaven Well-Known Member

Carole, you are my hero. What an inspiration!

20. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:) Thanks deja, Joe and Modmaven............The truth is I've become fairly proficient at 'camera angles' :D.........Do note my face is not in evidence in any of the shots as I had a great big 'grimace' going in every pic from flexing which ('bitch' that she is.........) "Vanity dictated" I 'crop' out .:o ;)