1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Fit women over age 42 to age 89 on parade

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by Justitia, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Looking great Carole!

2. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Agreed -- your hard work is really paying off Carole! :tucool:

3. JVib

JVib Active Member

Carole,

You look absolutely amazing. You put many 20 - 30 yr old women I know to shame. What ever you are doing as far as diet and exercise it is working great.

:tucool:

#203 JVib, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  4. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:)Thanks guys ……………. Your words of encouragement are most appreciated………….. that’s why I’ve been posting pictures in recent years I suppose------ for the encouragement which serves as the impetus to continue to push. :nod:

5. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

damn carole! you, my friend, are SMOKIN! :tucool:

you never cease to impress me with your dilligence towards your goals. bravo. :bow:

#205 dejavued, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  6. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:)And YOU 'darling girl' never fail to impress ME with how sweet and supportive you are.............Do know it means a great deal :hug:
    I have tried to be diligent about my abs and will continue on that course coupled with the "stepped up" effort (albeit "passive" by JSFF standards.:D) on the legs............Oh well, given another year.......who knows??:)

7. jleemarino

jleemarino Active Member

8. modmaven

modmaven Well-Known Member

9. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

10. modmaven

modmaven Well-Known Member

+1

Damn, I'd just like to look like the before photo.

11. shellypoles

shellypoles Member

I have always been a dance enthusiast: I have studied modern, jazz, tap, ballet, hip hop, and Latin ballroom. I discovered pole dancing for fitness in 2007 and totally fell in love with it, I began teaching at the gym were I was a dance fitness and pilates instructor. I now run my own pole fitness business in San Francisco and have competed in 3 major competitions, one of which I placed 2nd amongst ladies who were at least half my age. My upper body and core strength is incredible as a result of my training, I have always had strong legs from my other dance training, but I never would have imagined that my upper body would ever feel or look like it does now. I am 47 yrs old.

Attached Files:

12. Wisewoman

Wisewoman Member

So excited about this site. I read and re-read the entire thread last night (couldn't sleep). I will be 68 this month. I also will see my husband in the middle of May this year, havne't seen him for 6 months. Would really like to change my body. I am moderately active, not a typical 68 year old. But - I don't even know where to start. Does anyone have any ideas Our Senior Center has a state-of-the-art gym, including free weights, elliptical bikes, and treadmills.
    What do you recommend to begin with - and what about supplements, etc.
    I hope I'm not asking too much. I really would like to surprise my husband.
    Thankyou so much. This is truly inspiring.

13. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Here is some info that could help you get started...

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=45975

And, if you have some specific questions, you might try posting a few of them in the beginner forum on the main forum page.

Good luck and welcome! :)

14. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

So it has been 3 year since new pictures have been posted

So in my efforts to come back -- it seemed most fitting to revitalize this thread and find another transformation for this thread.

Erin Tecce just barely makes the qualifications to be posted on this thread -- she was just 42 years old when she started.

But she is a great bookend to our own Carole -- who never, EVER, ceases to amaze me. Just look back to previous posts.

But here is Erin's story:

How I accomplished my goals
    On July 25, 2012, I made a decision that changed my life forever when I stopped on a whim and asked the trainers at my gym for advice. I committed to try their plan so I could learn to lift weights and eat healthy. I started training three days per week and dieting and the weight started coming off. I loved going to the gym and missed it when I couldn't go.

Cool Fact: Erin is a 15-year United States Air Force veteran and a single mom of two amazing children who are 21 and 16 years old!

After I lost 20 pounds in seven months, I was approached about doing a bodybuilding show but declined because I thought it would be too hard. I went to the first meeting, looked at the girls, and didn't believe I could compare. However, my trainers, friends, and son kept telling me I could do it and that it would be a great experience.

In May 2013, I committed to compete and in September 2013 I took fourth place in master's bikini at the NANBF KC Classic. I signed up for my next show in November 2013 and hope to compete again in April 2014. I committed to never be where I was before, and I feel great physically and mentally because of it. I'm completely off medications and no longer feel pain.

What aspect challenged me the most
    The hardest aspect for me is the diet. Getting used to drinking at least a gallon of water per day and cutting back on carbs and fast food was hard.

Even though I ate lots of food, I was continuously hungry. It will always be a struggle because I love food and watching cooking shows. I'm learning how to cook new recipes that I enjoy as much as junk food.

My future fitness plans
    My goal is to do more shows and continue getting stronger, leaner, and tighter. My ultimate goal is to earn my pro card.

Erin describes her food, supplement & work out plan here

Attached Files:

#214 Justitia, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013