1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Fit women over age 42 to age 89 on parade

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by Justitia, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Fitness Crush

Fitness Crush Active Member

Hi Everyone!

I found this forum yesterday while looking for websites that had info on us older gals who work out and are fit.

My name is Sue and I turned 51 in June. I started working with weights back in 2000 for the EAS Body Transformation Challenge. I was already taking karate with my husband and sons, so I was in fair shape, thin but with little lean mass.

I do have my before pic somewhere...I will try to find it so you can see how "soft" I was. 115 pounds of skinny fat!

During the 3 mos. of the challenge, I developed a true love of weight lifting. Although I didn't win the contest, in reality I won much more by embracing fitness. I was in the best shape of my life at the age of 42!

I have never stopped working out. I have slacked at times, but am now back at it harder than ever. I'm almost ready for a bikini pic to show my abs...my husband says I am ready, but you know how we are our own worst critics.

Anyway, here is a front and back pic of me.

[​IMG]

I want to applaud everyone from 15 to 105 who embraces fitness. It is the key to a healthy, happy life.

Rock on fitness chics!!! :claplow:

Attached Files:

2. photojen

photojen Active Member

While I am not ready to post any "before" or "after" pictures (yet).. I wanted to say that THIS thread is the reason I signed up to be here. You gals are all AMAZING and beautiful. I have trained religiously in the past and have been proud to be in great shape after two kids... but then I let my weight training fall by the wayside during a difficult divorce. :( Life has improved 2000% since then and now with a supportive new wonderful (younger) husband, I am back on track and determined to be in the best shape of my life..... again :) btw ... I just turned 47.

3. boots

boots Well-Known Member

Great inspirational thread - here's one of the 42+ Ms. Boots (taken two weeks ago). No photoshop or retouching. I am a very lucky man!

Attached Files:

4. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Wow, you're in super shape. You "won" regardless of whether or not you got the prize.

:eek: That's a great photo. I'm thinking about pasting one copy in view of my dumbbells, and one in view of my fridge. :p

That looks like a professional photo. Is she a fitness model?

5. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:)Nice to see two such marvelous additions to Justitia’s thread; obviously hard work and good strategies have paid handsomely for both of you. It will be interesting and fun to watch your continued progress……:nod:……Welcome!

6. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:) With that sort of attitude I feel confident it won't be long before we'll be looking at your inspirational pics up here too :tu: Do know I look forward to it.............hurry now ;)

7. Fitness Crush

Thanks Guava! It feels like I've won every day. Don't ever give up on your goals. I also put up pictures to inspire me...and Mrs. Boots is good inspiration!

8. Fitness Crush

Carole: you look amazing. I can only hope I look as good as you when I am 70. I already find it a challenge to keep the skin filled out with muscle --- each year the skin stretches and sags a little more and each year the muscle growth ebbs a bit. Consequently, each year I have to work a little harder.

But you, my dear, are a grrrrreat inspiration to me!! Thanks :-)

9. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Thanks, everyone -- for keeping this thread going while I have been away. You all posted some amazing things.

Fitness Crush, photogen and boots -- welcome.

Boots -- does your wife's photo suggest that she boxes ... I have always wanted to do that. We have another female member who also boxes -- Boxer-In-Training.

Fitness -- your photos are amazing.

Photogen -- you will be posting here some time -- I can just feel it!

Modmaven -- I agree with you about Carole --- :)

And thanks Carole as always for keeping the torch light burning. BTW your avatar is incredible. Can I get a copy?. (I have a terrific one of Guava's back from a few years ago.) You just need to post the avatar photo as an attachment.

And Guava -- you are always there when people need you. :nod:

#189 Justitia, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  10. boots

boots Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the nice comments. My wife isn't a fitness model - that pic was taken by a pro as a present for me a few weeks ago. She works really hard and of course there's the diet (the kids just love all the chicken and broccoli!).

Here's a picture from last Saturday at a natural/tested NPC figure competition. Her bf is right at 17% tested in a BodPod for those of you scoring at home. Abbie's about two weeks out from top contest shape - the big show is on the 17th. Not bad for an almost 44 year old mom of five!

I would never be in the kind of shape I am in without her.

Attached Files:

11. Fitness Crush

Justitia:

Thanks! And thank you for this thread. I hope to make some new friends here who share my passion. I want to inspire and be inspired...

12. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:) Justitia, what a happy surprise to see your lovely countenance grace the ‘forum’ again……….I, as have many others, missed you and hope that circumstances will allow you once again to ‘frequent’ the forum…………….:claphigh:

#192 Carole, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  13. boots

boots Well-Known Member

As requested, here's a shot from the Charm City Classic last week. Abbie took 4th in the Figure Open. Believe it or not, she wasn't lean enough to win. Still, pretty damn hot for turning 44 in few weeks!

I'm going to get her to post her own pics from now on!

Attached Files:

14. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

:claplow::bow:

bravo. she looks great!

look at those abs! :drool:

15. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:) Well, my goodness............there they are!!! The 'abs' I was looking for this past summer!!!!;):D

She looks wonderful...............what a lucky man you are!!!:tu:

16. Fitness Crush

Carole, I have a feeling that your abs are awesome! :cool:

And Abbie's are amazing! No matter how hard I've ever worked I have never developed the definition needed for a six pack. For the most part I'm pretty happy with them being hard and flat (except for those certain times of the month and what'ya gonna do about that!!!?)

17. Fitness Crush

Bikini Pic

Well, better late than never...here is my bikini pic taken 12/12/09.

[​IMG]

First time in my life to post a picture anywhere of myself in a bikini. I guess I'm getting brave in my old age :lol:

18. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:) Wow, lots of 'gym time' showing there :claplow:. You look wonderful and OBTW..........cute suit :nod:

19. Human Clay

Human Clay Well-Known Member

I couldn't find anything already posted on her in this thread (if I missed it, my apologies). Check out Ernestine Shepherd. I wouldn't have believed that she was anywhere close to 73 if the article didn't say so. I would be more than happy to look that good by the time I'm in my 40s, let alone my 70s. Link goes to article plus video of Ernestine in action, leading fitness classes for seniors:

Don't mess with Ernestine Shepherd.

20. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:)Another year and I’m back again with birthday pictures, these taken in mid to late May…….Once again I’ve thought to post in Justitia “Fit Women……..” thread and would like to thank her for drawing attention to more mature women who strive to maintain whatever level of ‘fitness’ time (in the case of more junior women) and health (in us older ladies) permits…………AND for tolerating my choosing her venue for such.
    By the end of last year’s bikini challenge I had decided to continue on in my effort to at least improve my own abdominal area even if I could never reasonably hope to achieve those striated abs I so wish I had………….I believe I have managed, albeit marginally, to make some improvement… ………Additionally I have been working on my legs………..this done in a rather ‘nonchalant but none the less methodical ’ fashion, working with weights (leg presses, extensions, flat ham curls, stationery lunges) and utilizing/combining 15 minutes of cardio on a Wave machine (resistance at 3) after weights and on off days, cardio on a Cybex arc trainer using resistance (40) for 15 min; all in all and although they aren’t great I think them to be somewhat ‘better’. The area that seems never to improve is the biceps……………”the bane of my existence”!!
    Enough said…………looking forward to another year God willing!

Attached Files: