1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Finally -- a MASSIVE improvement to FitDay

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by thevinery, Jan 7, 2009.

1. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

I don't know if anyone else has found this already and this is really old news (I haven't been around for a while), but I just found a new site that is a dramatic improvement on FitDay --- easier to use, nicer to look at, more social possibilities and more features.

Check it out. :) FYI, I'm not associated with these guys in any way. Just a new fan.

It's got a plugin for the iphone if you're into that. If they get a G1 plugin I'll marry the damned thing... ;)

http://www.gyminee.com/

2. Sea2Sea

Sea2Sea Active Member

I had just started uesing Fit day about three months ago, this site is much slicker, to bad i cant import the Fit day data to it. But i might give it a test drive for a couple weeks to see if its more functional, its much nicer to look at thats for sure.:tucool:

3. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

Oh bummer :( I was hoping you were going to tell me FitDay upgraded itself, and I even was hoping they updated their Fitday PC past 1.0, which it's been for YEARS - and maybe added Mac support!

Drat!

4. trogdor

trogdor Well-Known Member

I was really hoping Fitday would offer web integration with Fitday PC, but alas, they suck hard.

5. Jokat

Jokat Well-Known Member

X2

6. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Been using Gyminee about six months now. Just copy and paste from it to my journal. Other good points I agree with. Where you been theVinery?

7. Slevin

Slevin Active Member

I've started using this.. first day of using it, it's easy to use and is pretty well laid out...

I am not sure if this is just me not knowing about nutrition properly but on the nutrition page I have this...

Then it says under the pie chart thingy

Total Fat 42.85%
    Total Carbs 30.18%
    Protein 25.97%
    Other 1%

That LOOKS wrong to me, but I am guessing something to do with calories adds to the "Total Fat" ?

8. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

When you say you've started using "this", what is "this"? Are you talking about Gyminee or Fitday or what?

The pie chart is probably right. Why would you think it's wrong? Also 1000 calories a day isn't eating enough.

Why don't you write out your nutrition information for us to see?

Also Gyminee has a full section on workouts. Do you use that as well?

9. Slevin

Slevin Active Member

By "this" I meant gyminee, sorry for that.

Just the basic maths seemed wrong, I questioned it basically because I don't know much about nutrition for a start, but websites are prone to bugs. I do take is as being correct atm. And yeah I know 1000 isn't enough, I took that only half way through the day :p

I'm using some beginners workout sessions which have been suggesed for me in the beginners forum at the moment. I was just using gyimnee mainly for the easy way of tracking foods etc.

10. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

I see what you're saying about the goal amounts per type of calorie don't seem to add up.

Glad you're not eating 1000 cals a day. :eek:

Again I have a question. Which beginner's forum are you talking about? JSF or Gyminee. I know Gyminee has some workouts available. It sounds like you're using the JSF forum for your workouts, which is fine.

The main reason I use Gyminee is it has an iPhone plugin that I use to track my nutrition on the go. They're supposed to put out a full blown iPHone app, but who knows when that will be done.

Go ahead and use whatever you want. Gyminee is just one choice. It works for me and, wth, it's free. Also, it's as good an app as I've found free or not.

#10 leftyx, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  11. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

Looks right to me. Fat has 9 calories per gram whereas carbs and protein have 4 each.

68 x 4 = 272 = 26%
    79 x 4 = 316 = 30%
    50 x 9 = 450 = 43%
    Total = 1038

These are slightly different due to rounding but you can see where I'm coming from.

12. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

I think he was talking about this.

check the math
    Code:
    175 x 4 =  700
    160 x 4 =  640
    60  x  9 =  560

13. Slevin

Slevin Active Member

Ah cool, it's all getting explained now :)

And yes I use JSF for workout plans :p Best forum I've found for this kind of thing :)

I quite like gyminee so far, just I get curious about little things so always question lol