1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

fight morning workout nausea

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by skydude2020, Sep 14, 2011.

1. skydude2020

skydude2020 Well-Known Member

So I am back at it again working out after too-long a break. I've signed up for a program that is first thing in the morning and I'm fairly certain some of the nausea I feel is from low blood sugar levels due to working out on an empty stomach. I could eat something but I would likely have nausea due to working out on a full stomach. Are some good recommendations to get the blood sugar up without having to wait around 30-60mins for it to digest?

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

I work out in the morning first thing, as well as many of my clients. Unless there is an underlying medical issue with you, low blood sugar levels shouldn't be an issue. Eating until you have a full stomach also should not be advised. You have to experiment with several options:
    ~ having a shake 30-45 minutes prior to training.
    ~ taking in a small meals with easily digested carbs and protein. Lie oatmeal and egg whites.
    ~ EAA's pre, intra, and post workout (powder form) Or pre workout.
    ~ My special juice/whey drink pre/intra/post workout. (Different amounts and macro's for the person, depending on your stats and energy expenditures)
    ~ BCAA's taken with a glucose solution pre/intra/post workout. Or pre workout.

Experiment and you will find the solution...