1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Fiber

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Whoracle, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Are there any pill supplements that will help you stay regular? Things have gotten bad this week and I need to get things moving again and would prefer not to have to drink some nasty stuff to get it done. Any kind of pills that are helpful?

2. KoNcEpT61

KoNcEpT61 Active Member

i found psyllium husk works quite well

wipe free bowel movements! its also rather cheap.

make sure to drink it fast and with at least 500mL of water.. it thickens quite fast.

3. huxald

huxald Well-Known Member

If things get really bad...use dulcolax...but not for everyday. Take 5mg or if you are really brave 10 mg at night before you go to sleep. It'll flush you out by morning. Then move onto adding more fiber in your diet. Just make sure you drink lots of water with soluble fibers like psyllium or else it exacerbates the problem.

4. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Active Member

I don't know if there are any fiber supplements that come in a pill form. You could take probiotics like Culturelle or Acidophilus. If you can't stomach the fiber powders, there are also crackers made by metamucil that contain 5g of fiber.

5. iceman21

iceman21 Active Member

Psyllium husk comes in pill form.