1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Fiber

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by huxald, Nov 6, 2010.

1. huxald

huxald Well-Known Member

Go

We all know that fruits & veggies are a great source of fiber. Based on your experience though, how would you rank these for healthy bowel function?

1) Psyllium
    2) Inulin
    3) Wheat Bran
    4) Others not listed here

thanks!
    ________
    Lincoln mark series specifications

#1 huxald, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

1) Psyllium-chunky going down, but turns a twice a week pooper into a daily ritual pooper. Turns liquid into jello if you don't drink it down fast. Also supposed to help lower cholesterol.

2) Inulin-Mixes nicely in any liquid and you will never notice it's there. Has no effect on poop cycles. I have consumed upward of 15+grams a day without any noticeable difference in poop cycles but it is supposed to help with healthy bowels or something.

3) Wheat Bran-Same effect as psyllium in my experience.

3. huxald

huxald Well-Known Member

Go

It looks like I will stick with psyllium then. Seems to be the safest. What is your dosing?
    ________
    Ontario Truck

#3 huxald, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  4. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

I usually do 5g(1 tablespoon) in the morning and 5g in the evening and its lots. You can buy it dirt cheap at the bulk barn although the raw husks go down like sand lol. I put my 1 tablespoon in a cup with a small amount of water, swish it around and take it fast like a shot before it thickens then wash it down with a glass of water.

Happy pooping:tu:

5. sauron256

sauron256 Active Member

I used to chuck a spoonful in my cereal and stir it in. Just make sure you add plenty of liquid and mix it properly. Not sure how it would go in oatmeal though!