1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

February 2011 TSM: SOULFLY

Discussion in 'Transformation Spotlights' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2011.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Check out how forum member SOULFLY (Adam) went from soft and pudgy to lean and muscular!

BEFORE
    :
    1.jpg

DURING (August 30, 2009):
    2.jpg

CURRENT:
    3.jpg

Why did you decide to make a transformation?

There was no real key reason for my transformation. I always loved playing sports and keeping active, but I got into a very "unhealthy" relationship with a girl, and things just went very bad. along with my health (constantly eating takeaway, drinking, etc.)

Once I was finally out of the relationship I took a picture of myself and was horrified by the state of what I'd become (first pic). I was never really a fat kid, but I always had a bit of "puppy fat". I just wanted to get ripped!

What sort of planning did you do before you started?
    First and foremost, if it wasn’t for JSF I probably wouldn’t be where I am today. I have learnt sooooo much about diet and training (which I love learning about) here. After spending hours upon hours of reading the forums and getting help from some very smart and knowledgeable people, I decided to piece together a diet. After that I hired personal trainer Swolecat, and then the Master, Aram!

What were your initial goals?
    My initial goals were to get ripped and then bulk. My right now is 90kg and around 8% body fat. In late 2008 I went on a trip to the USA and Hawaii for 2 months, and I constantly ate and drank. It was the best time of my life, but I really stacked on the kilograms. Since then have cut and bulked to where I am now: 80kg with a body fat percentage around 9%.

What was your diet and supplement intake like?
    I can’t go into diet a lot because I'm on Aram's clientele list, but basically medium carbs and high protein, evenly spread out throughout the day.

I have a weekly cheat meal, which is a lot of alcohol. I know this is not ideal, and I would most likely be more cut than I am now without the alcohol, but everyone's got to live. I love going out with mates chasing girls, but I've got to settle down soon! :lol:

The only supplements I use are a multi-vitamin, protein and sometimes creatine.

The diet itself is the most important part.

What was your training like?

My basic training split looks like this:

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Shoulders and traps
    Thursday: Biceps and triceps
    Saturday: Back and legs

Cardio 3-5 times per week, only LISS (I am not a fan of HIIT).

Unfortunately I can't do deadlifts because I tore a disc in my back late 2009. Luckily it wasn’t too severe, but I was in agony for a while there.

What obstacles did you encounter, and how did you overcome them?
    I'm still learning how to bulk. I've found that I'm very carb intolerant, and fat comes on quickly once I up the carbs. This is an obstacle I must learn to better understand.

How has your life changed?

I feel a lot better and I'm much more confident. I really like having a set diet plant and training routine, as mixing things up too much just frustrates and leaves me guessing.

How did JSF and the JSF Forums help you?
    GREATLY. There's so much info I have learned here. Yes it can get very frustrating trying to take it all in.

I have helped out a few mates with some knowledge about diet and other tips I have learnt, but after a day or two they always quit, and that's something I don’t do.

Big thanks to John for starting this site!

What advice would you offer to others?
    - Get motivated.
    - Get a gym partner.
    - Find pictures of athletes or movie stars (if that’s what you want to look like) and get those image stuck into your head.
    - Strive for the ripped body or bulked look, and don’t quit because you're hungry for an hour here or there.
    - If you are feeling hungry and are thinking about scarfing something like cake or pizza, say to yourself "Do I really need this?" Later that night you will think, "No, I certainly didn’t, and now I have wasted a day by giving in." One step forward, two steps back….
    - Focus and believe in yourself.
    - Have sugar free jelly/jello on hand if you are craving some sweets (thanks, Aram!)

What are your future plans?
    90kg and around 8% body fat.

Any closing thoughts?
    I would like to thank John for creating such an awesome site, and I would like to thank the members who contribute to the site every single day. Also thanks to Aram for furthering my skills with diet and training.

Thanks very much for your time, Adam. Congratulations on your excellent progress!

Reminder: I’m always looking for TSM nominations. If you, or someone you know, has made a successful transformation, please contact me and let me know about it!

2. Reno_1ted

Reno_1ted Well-Known Member

Awesome ! Really amazing progress, from first pic to last, and hey, its great to know now that even when you go away and hammer the beer etc, you still look pretty good in comparison to the past !

Thats the sign you have made the step and will never go back.

If it wasnt for 10 cal sugar free Jellys, I would be stuffed when cutting, I love sweets ! Glad to see I am not alone !

A little off topic, but any better pictures of your arm sleeve? It looks pretty cool and I am after some inspiration.

great work again !

3. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Outstanding transformation SF!!!! Your success is an inspiration and this TSM is very well deserved. Keep at it bro. Nicely done.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Tremendous change. Congrats on well deserved recognition!

5. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

This is an amazing transformation. Adam's dedication is awe inspiring. Congrats! :claplow::claplow::bow::bow:

6. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

At what % bf did the black mark on your stomach reveal itself? How about the arm?

OK, enough wise-assery: awesome progress! Those before and after shots are pretty amazing.

Good luck with the bulk, too! You busted through the cut; you can do the bulk.

Jaer
    has a thought for a second tattoo when he gets his bf % down--part of the reward system.

7. BJ

BJ Active Member

8. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

:claphigh: hell yeah.... you look phenomenal now! :tucool: amazing progress man. congrats!

9. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

So well deserved! Congratulations!!

10. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Wow congrats man. You look mostly how I look in the beginning so you give me a lot of hope that I can make the same transformation. You're an inspiration for me man, thanks.

11. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

Well done, Adam!

12. prosemont

prosemont Well-Known Member

Amazing job!!!! Congratulations!!!!

13. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Awesome transformation! Well deserved!! :bow::claphigh:

14. SOULFLY

SOULFLY Well-Known Member

hey guys thanks alot and thanks again to John for having the site for the motivation to do something about ourselves!!
    The first pic I was never really that big just was in a bad relationship/unhealthy and kinda went abit crazy on food alcohol etc etc but that was/is/will be my worst pic ever lol
    I have always been around the middle pic maybe a tiny bit leaner...

I am currently doing a 2 month cut with Aram, before I head back over to USA for a 6 week :drool: road trip so ill upload a few more pics along the way...
    in the next few week

Hey Reno, yeah I can upload more pics I do have my full leg done to and more on the other thigh.

Thanks all for the comments and good luck everyone
    To be honest its not really hard work its more dedication :tu:

15. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

This is fantastic. Another reason why people should sign up with Aram. Keep up the good work dude.

16. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Great transformation. Good inspiration for the rest who haven't got there.

17. Deeman

Deeman Active Member

congrats bro!! very inspiring. GL on your continued cut and bulk

18. Sparx88

Sparx88 Active Member

Awesome job! How long between the before and after pics?

19. SOULFLY

SOULFLY Well-Known Member

Before pic was late 2006 and when I started piecing together diets and training routines
    Middle pic to latest pic was 5 months with Aram

20. MoreDedication

MoreDedication Active Member

Great transformation, do you have a journal or anything? If so would defo read it!