1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

February 2010 TSM: Mastover

Discussion in 'Transformation Spotlights' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2010.

1. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Congrats Mastover! Your transformation goes well beyond just getting in shape .... you transformed many aspects of your life in spite of some pretty big obstacles. Very inspirational!

Plus, you can DB row your bodyweight for reps. That just ain't right.... :eek:

2. Big_D

Big_D Active Member

Very inspirational Mast. Glad to know you.

3. George

George Senior Member

I got a lot out of this post/interview. Thanks for taking the time to do it. :)

4. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. I am deeply touched by all the kind thoughts and sentiments, but I am no different than anyone else here. Not better. Not worse. We all have our crosses to carry and how we go about things is personal in nature. I am still struggling with many aspects of my day to day life and still battling some wars in my head, but like I said, you just can't quit. I want to send out a special thanks to John, he has become a valuable friend. You guys have no idea what a generous and honest person he is.

A lot of people have been PMing me, and eMailing me regarding the OCB award. It's hard to explain, so here is a link which kind of touches on some of the OCB award recepients from last year.

http://www.theocbwebsite.com/OCBawards2008.htm

KEEP HITTING IT HARD!!! :mad:

:bow::bow::bow:

5. NCNBilly

NCNBilly Well-Known Member

Well-deserved congrats! You are a real asset to JSF and the fitness community. Hopefully I can make one of your shows this year - I think I owe you a slice of pumpkin pie. :)

6. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

It is a very inspirational story! :tucool: Thanks for sharing with the community; your information and advice throughout the years have helped many people improve their lives, and for that, we are thankful.

7. mLU

mLU Active Member

Wow! gz man =)

8. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I've been reading your posts here and there on this board for years, but I never saw your "story" all together. You're truly an inspiration. :bow:

9. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

Aram you are an amazing man. You are proof that we can do whatever it is we want to in life we just have to set our minds to it and believe in ourselves no matter what the odds are.

You've been one of my biggest inspirations and motivations in my life and I'm proud to have had the opprotunity to meet you through JSF and honored to have learned all things I have from the wisdom you have shared here on the forums and with me privately.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

You deserve nothing short of the best.

~Ronn

10. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing a little more of your life with us then just your journal. Your an amazing person! As a mother I have to say I'm sure your "momma" is so proud of you. You have overcome so much and proven to your family that you are on the right side of the tracks now. That must bring so much peace to your mom to realize that she does not have to worry as much about you as she probably once did when you were on drugs etc. Congratulations and best wishes for your upcoming events. I follow your journal religiously but rarely post...thanks again for letting us in on a little "more" of your life!:)

11. mastover

Damn, I didn't wanna come on here any more but you guys have forced me to acknowledge, once again, all the beautifully expressed feelings. Thank you! Some of them are causing me to get a little too emotional :o

Even though I am a sponsor here and provide individual training/diet services, I am primarily an addictions counselor. This is a service I provide for free. Some of you have hinted that you, or a loved one might be having a problem. Please know that I am always accessible through PM, eMail, and phone, if necessary. I think I am qualified as a health/fitness/physique coach, but I am more qualified as a drug/alcohol support system because I lived the life... and survived it.

If anyone has any doubts or apprehensions concerning your health/fitness goals, you have to think ahead and envision how good you are going to feel once you go through the tunnel of suffering, second guesses, pain, sacrifice....only to emerge with victory. This is yours (and only yours), to keep.

I have competed as a bodybuilder for 20+ years and in that time have accumulated over 200 trophies, plaques, etc. Some are displayed in my house, some are under wraps, some are in friend's homes, families homes, and a couple of gyms. People are always concerned about them being damaged, or stolen, or vandalized. I always tell them, "Don't worry about it. I don't care if they are stolen or damaged or whatever. They can take away all my material awards, but they can NEVER take away my accomplishments.... Those are mine forever." ( I think there's a message in there somewhere ) :)

Oh, another thing.... if anyone (gaz?? :whistle: ) wants to train legs with me at 4:30 in the morning here in the vacation capital of the world, the Bronx New York, it would be my honor. But please prepare to A) walk with crutches for the next 3 1/2 weeks and B) talk with a Bronx accent for the rest of your life. :nod:

12. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sure it will help light some people's fires reading about your trials and experiences. Good luck with your shows, I'll root for you via internet. :tu:

13. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

great to read about you here, aram! you deserve it the most and it is again a great inspiration for all of us

p.s.
    I was just about to get me a glass of prossecco from the fridge but now I´ll just go to bed :D

14. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Wow, what an inspiration! A story like yours leaves no room for whining, procrastination or excuses. You are testimony to the power for change that lies within each of us! Thanks so much for sharing your life.

15. gbbrant

gbbrant Active Member

I feel you mastover I went through a long drug phase when I was younger but gladly got my head outta my ass about 6 years ago got married had some kids and now want to take control of my life and honestly on a side note it would be nice for some of my ex's to see me go " man if only I'd waited" ;)

I'm not looking to be a bodybuilder but you are inspiration to those of us who spent time on the wrong path bro.

16. mastover

Hey man, thanks for that. I take one day at a time. Always have. Every day is a struggle, still. But every day I become stronger in mind and body. You will too. I promise. ;)