1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

February 2009 TSM: Chicanerous

Discussion in 'Transformation Spotlights' started by John Stone, Jan 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. smalltex

smalltex Well-Known Member

Congratulations Chicanerous!! Your progress is really admirable and your story is inspirational. Thanks so much for your contributions to the forum--I've learned a lot from your posts.

2. Reno_1ted

Reno_1ted Well-Known Member

From one member of the class of '04 to another, well done! Been there since your start, and watched you improve year on year.

A guy asked me in the gym the other day why i train the big lifts, cleans, overhead press, deads etc. Very few people if any do. I was mindful of your posts when i answered him. :)

Your bullet points:

- Always try to figure out if you’re the exception.
    - You will hardly ever be the exception.#

and

- Excess science and thinking usually gets in the way of results.

Are some of the best points i have heard made here. Look forward to seeing the next few years.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Congratulations Adam for your well deserved recognition. Your transformation has really been impressive to witness. :tu:

4. jessemtz1369

jessemtz1369 Active Member

WOW! You went from this skinny little kid into and powerful grown man. I'm very impressed and motivated by your progress. Keep up the awesome work!

5. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Congratulations,
    I don't think I ever read your journal, but your story, the chronology of your transformation was interesting, and inspiring. Good luck.

6. dkmahkee

dkmahkee Well-Known Member

:quadzilla:

way to go Adam! :tucool:

7. tsk2264

tsk2264 Active Member

Incredible stuff Adam!!

I knew there was a good reason why I always do a search for your latest posts whenever I log on here. I'm always impressed by the info you provide here, but your progression in size is even more impressive!

Thanks for opening up so much of your life to us! I'm truly impressed and very inspired!

8. vertigo88

vertigo88 Active Member

What a fantastic read! Awesome dedication and progress! Congratulations and very well done!!

9. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Chic

Good results. You have always been there to help others with reliable information, while you kept working hard at the lifting game, yourself. Your unselfish assistance to others has made you a outstanding member. Your results from your lifting has resulted in a transformation to be proud of.:tucool:

10. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'm glad that my transformation was of some interest to all you. I was fairly apprehensive about doing this when John first asked me, as there have been so many better transformations on the forum, but, after he talked me through some of his reasoning, I capitulated. If you have any questions about any aspect of my transformation, me, or fitness in general (that wouldn't be better off asked in one of the forums), let me know and I'll be happy to try to answer.

Carole wrote me to say that she was disappointed I didn't include any pictures of a bad hair day that many of the older members here seem to remember fondly. M@ has kindly archived them on his server for all posterity :-)curses:), so I'll attach them here for her:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Make of them what you will. :crazy: :lol:

#30 chicanerous, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  11. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

:)
    Thank you Adam………..Seeing the pictures again I am reminded that when I first saw them I thought them not so much reflective of “a bad hair day” and more something along the lines of ‘an amazing hair day’; but more than anything else I recall thinking them to be absolutely ‘adorable’.

On a more serious note and to sight just one of your several memorable comments,

I found these words quite thought provoking and true and rather special and I am left to think……… much like the young man who thought to write them.

12. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Excellent work, Chic, and a great interview. Very motivational. Being on the "never been skinny" side of the fence, it's interesting to hear about the struggles of those who want to put on weight. Impressive work!

13. TheThirdMohican

TheThirdMohican Active Member

This was a very interesting read.

I did not know how far you had progressed over the years, I always figured you were a "natural", but it seems you were a skinny kid just like me who put in the time and effort to become the man you are now.

Truly an inspiration for us all. :tucool:

14. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

As always, good stuff Chico!

The legend of quadzilla is no longer a myth from the downstairs!!

Congrats! :)

15. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

I had been curious for months about what your before piccy looked like and wow!! :eek:

You were one skinny mofo ----> But now what an astoundingly rugged and powerful physique you are crafting. In a nutshell I love you have done because it has been clearly been built on 'blood, sweat, and a shitload of hard work'.

Definitely one of my JSF Idols :tucool:

Maybe you should consider professional lifting ?

16. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Congrats on earning the TSM Chic! I actually was going to mention at some point that earlier in the week when I was looking for the proper form for a excersize, I googled it and the first video that popped up was a youtube of you performing the lift...thought that was pretty cool.

Great work man, you have accomplished some great things! :tucool:

17. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Good job man. You have always been more of a artistic influence to me. Not that I didn't think of you as a bodybuilder, but with all your knowledge it was hard to imagine how I could benefit from all your great progress.

As for the artistic, it's the anime and tv chronicling that I appreciated. To realize you're a result of a fantastic transformation just makes you that much more interesting. Keep going man. You have a great future ahead.

18. TheThirdMohican

TheThirdMohican Active Member

One question I do have, out of curiosity, is if you just started gymnastics in high school, or you became more dedicated about it? To start that type of activity in high school is pretty unusual and impressive.

19. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I just worked basic gymnastics. I lost interest pretty quick when it was clear that I wasn't going to become much better at the flipping part of it -- backwards tumbling was just too damn scary. :o I progressed a bit in front tumbling. Enough to do a tuck, single handsprings, and round-off arabians. I'm not able to do any of the three at will at this point. (It's been years after all.) I mostly used it to learn more about the strength side of their conditioning, which I was interested in at the time.

It's not that uncommon for males to start in high school or around then. It's no different than starting most martial arts at that age as far as the physical requirements and demands.

#39 chicanerous, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  20. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the well deserved recognition. You've accomplished more at your young age than most have in twice as many years. I've noticed a strong correlation between those who have the most success in the gym and their clarity of thought and purpose, and these are both shown in your answers to the questionnaire (but I'll bet you edited at least 500 times :D). And to top it all off, you seem to be a genuinely nice guy.

#40 k3vb0, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009