1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Features missing

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Guillerr, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Guillerr

Guillerr Active Member

There're some useful links (part of the default vBulletin) that are missing, mainly from the top menu.

The ones I miss the most are new messages (search.php?do=getnew) and logout, which I think should be in the top menu.

I also think it'd be smarter to move the top adsense down the bottom, or between the categories or something... it's too much scrolling with the sponsors and all.

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Logout is at the very bottom of the page.

"New" & "Today's Posts" are at the top, under "Search". "Today's Posts" is also shown under "Quicklinks".

3. Guillerr

Guillerr Active Member

That's what I mean, you can reach them, but it's far from practical IMHO.

4. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I'm sorry you feel that an extra click is impractical.

Why not simply switch to the "Plain" skin (bottom, left) for the default vB skin?

Alternatively you could create a custom shortcut and add it to your browser's quicklinks and/or put it on your desktop.

5. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

My buttons don't work properly. They don't extend when I reach over and put it over them. For example, I don't get the option to look at the New Posts when I go to the search button. I also can't use smileys or any of the features in the posts (youtube, spell check, etc). I don't believe its the forum, but my browser. I lost everthing on my PC yesterday and that includes the settings for here.

How can I go about fixing this.

6. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Yeah, that's a browser issue for sure. The default settings for all browsers that I'm aware of will allow for the use of the features you mentioned. You should make sure javascript is enabled, and you might even want to do a fresh install of your browser and/or O/S depending on how badly things are hosed. Also, clear your cache.

7. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

:tucool::D:bow::dreamy:

I'm just excited about being able to use smiley's again.

#7 Nowhereman, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008