1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

FatLenny's Progress Pic Thread

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by FatLenny, May 3, 2011.

1. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

This is the beginning of my adventure. For the continuation with more recent pics, go here.

Ordered left to right, oldest to newest. The first(top left) was taken 2/1/11, the next one was taken 4/4/11 and each subsequent one is taken as close to the 1st of each following month as possible. I am also adding one from Sept 5, 2010 which is the earliest photo I have been able to find that comes close to giving a clear image of my size. I surely was close to my start weight as the picture with the guitar was taken in early July of 2010. The second shot of myself, fully clothed was taken on 10/27/2011... an obligatory self-portrait, myspace style. :p

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 FatLenny, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

I can see the change, especially in the side view photos. Keep up the good work and never quit! Imagine how you want to look and feel and lock that image into your brain. You'll get there. Good luck!

3. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Thanks for the comment, man! I appreciate the support and tips.

It's interesting how each person's perspective is different. I know there are only three dates for pictures up there so far, but I see changes best in the back view shots right now. The side view still looks like a chub-a-lub to me. In the back view I can see the V shape of my torso coming back. I am definitely thinner around the middle back.

I am intensely aware of my progress, so don't take that as me arguing with you. I just find it interesting to compare different perspectives. My favorite part of myself right now is my shoulders and traps. I sometimes cover myself with a towel from about the middle pec region and down. It's crazy to see my traps stand out since I am raising my elbows a bit to hold a towel.

I swear that when I am covered up that way, nobody would ever know that I wasn't in great shape! That is the image I hold as my goal... the one I see in the mirror. That way I have already internalized it and eventually my body has no other choice than to make it reality.

:moon: <-----my bum
    :mad: <-----the fire under it

4. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Pics updated(4th set added) - June 1st, 2011.

Weight: 253.4 lbs (-82.6 lbs)
    Waist: 46 in (-10 in)
    Hips: 42 in (-7 in)
    Chest: 46.5 in (-8 in)
    Left Thigh: 27 in (-4 in)
    BMI: 35.8(-11.7)

The following measurements are an average of 5 measurements (3 girth, 1 BIA, and 1 caliper(1 point)). Original measurements are averages based on typical body fat for BMI of 47.5.

BF%: 29.5%
    BF: 75 lbs (-90 lbs)
    LBM: 178 lbs (+7 lbs)

5. raptor

raptor Well-Known Member

Great progress :tucool:

6. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

:lol:

Keep up the good work. You're shrinking! :tucool:

7. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

This next shot shows the scrape under my chin (just above the adam's apple). This damage came on my first set of split jerks today. You can also see the collateral damage on my shoulders from the power cleans and hang cleans. It is nice to see the red marks/bruising moving more to my shoulders and less on my collar bone... :tu:

[​IMG]

Below is the leg damage sustained after no warm up sets on power cleans. Apparently I was a bit too close to the body on some of those pulls. I'm going to guess it was primarily due to the smaller 25 lb plates and pulling the bar from a lower than desirable height.

[​IMG]

Sheesh. :doh:

#7 FatLenny, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  8. xygote

xygote Active Member

Its always a bit sobering when you see just how dangerous getting fit can be! ...re-thinking this whole alternative lifestyle thing... watching tv and playing video games just seems so much safer.... I wonder if I can grow a nice thick fat-pad on my shins to protect the bone from potential damage should I accidentally bump into the coffee table on the way to answer the door for the pizza guy...... :D

battle scars, sweet!

and stop lifting w/o a warmup :spank:

9. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Yaasah. I be doin whatchoo ax. :D

10. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

New pics from June 30th, 2011 posted. Some decent changes represented there and a lot of room for forward progress.

Onward... :D

11. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

New progress shots from August 1, 2011 are up. This just in...

I am starting to see some signs of impending vascularity. I spot a vein or two in my forearms poking out once in a while. I also am noticing a lot more muscular definition in my calves. I don't have any pics of my calves, but here is a forearm...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not a lot of vascularity, but I can get excited, right? :lol:

I have ton of that action going on in my feet. :p

For a guy as round as I was, this is good stuff....

:D

12. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

More battle wounds...

[​IMG]

This came before I had even executed a single lift. I was pulling the firt iron plate off the tree and it slipped out of my grip. When it fell, the edge hit my upper shins and it dragged down my leg ultimately landing on my foot. Needless to say, there was some emphatic cursing under my breath. I did walk it off and complete my entire deadlift workout, though.

It is still very sensitive to the touch the next day and sore.

Oh yeah... monthly pics scheduled for tomorrow. ;)

13. xygote

xygote Active Member

:bang: ... ur doing it wrong ... :nono:

like THIS :bb:

:spank: bad lenny
    :spank: BAD

14. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

I'll do you wrong in a minute, buddy. :talktothehand:

15. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

Dude, you look great. Keep up the good work you literally look like you've lost a mid-sized human.

16. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Thanks, man.. in fact I think 105 pounds would be the average weight of a 16 year old human. :lol:

17. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

I do the most ignorant things sometimes...

[​IMG]

Those wounds are from my most recent deadlift day. I am pretty sure they are a direct result of the way I was putting the weight down during my deficit deadlift sets. I didn't even notice anything at the time, because the reps were intense. I was pretty focused, but this was the result.

:doh:

18. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

19. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Is that you for real? It felt like a Marx brothers type movie, without the sound on. Heh. :lol:

20. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Indeed. It is me... I wish I would have though of the Marx angle. I would have done something different with the soundtrack. Oh well...

#20 FatLenny, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011