1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Fat Loss Equation for endomorphs

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Mando359, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Mando359

Mando359 Well-Known Member

I recently got back to full health and have resumed resistance training and a strict diet. Two things that remained absent during my bout with a few chronic infections. However despite these things I have seen minimal fat loss. I plan on resuming HIIT cardio tomarrow.

When I first started running back in May the fat seemed to magically melt off. Now after starting off again without cardio I feel like I'm stuck as far as fat loss is concerned.

This has led me to believe that the fat loss pie for endomorphs goes as follows for short term results
    Resistance Training: 25%
    Cardio: 25%
    Nutrition: 50%

Long Term results:
    Resistance Training: 30%
    Cardio: 15%
    Nutrition: 55%

With that said I'd like to see what the rest of you guys think.

2. Hort

Hort Well-Known Member

Personally I think the whole endo/meso/ecto thing is significantly overbaked, over worried about and often just an excuse.

No offense but I find them to be overly general labels that people just use to overthink what comes down to something pretty simple: proper diet, proper exercise and a healthy dose of humility.

3. JeremyLikness

JeremyLikness Well-Known Member

I agree. The calories don't care if you're an endomorph or a mesomorph. If you eat less and exercise more, the law of thermodynamics is going to take effect regardless of your shape.

Jeremy

4. Dev

Dev Well-Known Member

I see cardio and strength training equally as important. However, for my individual needs, diet is paramount to both of those. If my diet is not in place, my training will suffer. This is what I have learned about my body. Yours may be (and probably is) different.

I guess if I were to break it down.
    Diet - 80%
    Cardio - 10%
    Weights - 10%

5. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Endomorph

short term fat loss
    Diet- 85 percent
    Cardio-10 percent
    Weight Training- 5 percent

Long Term
    Diet -80 percent
    Cardio- 10 percent
    Weight Training- 10 percent

Keep in mind, i have NOOOclue this is just my guess from what i've seen... also something I noticed is that the endomorph and the meso morph are different mostly becuase the meso has more muscle... so the endo has to do more cardio and eat less carbs than the meso.. However, I know alot of endo morphs who after successful bulks are much more like mesos.... so maybe I'm underrating the weight training...

6. CASD

CASD Well-Known Member

I think body type dictates body shape.. but it's also points at problems in the begining or ways to approach your goals..
    Endo's retain fat.. adjust for that...
    Meso's Gain Muscle adjust
    Ecto...EAT hahahhaha

Well the problem with this simplifed is that most are a combination for a couple of the body types..so nothing is clear cut, But I really feel your workouts,timing and diet should be adjusted for your body type..
    But hey what do I know :) I'm in the fight same as you...:D