1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Fat loss Challenge - End of Feb 2009

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by eccent, Nov 25, 2008.

1. eccent

eccent Active Member

A place where all of us who want to lose some fats by end of Feb 2009. A place where we can get the motivation and report our updates.

#1 eccent, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  2. eccent

eccent Active Member

Well, I'm concentrating on my nutrition right now. Trying to keep it clean and integrating more frequent meals. Finding it hard to keep up coz my basal metabolic rate is rather low about 1200Cal per day. Dividing this to many meals would make it hard for me to find something to eat...! :P

I'm trying and I'm trying to come up with a more regular exercise routine by 2nd week of December after my exam.

3. goonie

goonie Active Member

6 meals/day probably isn't going to make much sense for you. At your calorie total, you'll end up with every "meal" feeling like a light snack, each leaving a rather unsatisfying state of satiety.

There's no "magic" in the number of meals alone. I'd think 3-4 meals would end up being much sustainable. Find what works best for you.

4. eccent

eccent Active Member

Splitting meals is a problem to me. So I'll try harder on calorie intake and increase in activity.

5. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

I am in on this one. Need to get down to 175lbs (at 180lbs now) stay 175 for 4 weeks.

Here is what I will be doing:

HIT weight training (NO OTHER CARDIO OR WEIGHTS)

Eating 1,100 calories per day until 175lbs then bump it up, but not over 1800.

Drink 1.50- 1.75 gallons of cold water per day before 8:30pm

Diet will be extremely clean with NO cheat meals.

Full 8-9 hours of sleep per night no matter what.

Keep going til I hit a brick wall failure when lifting, no excuses.

More pictures and videos. Also Need to work out getting tan and posing.

Time to get this going. :mad:

#5 CA$ON, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  6. MadeInNY

MadeInNY Active Member

Ca$on, I feel like your shadow :whistle:

So...I'm gonna follow your lead...

Need to get down to 125lbs (at 135lbs now) stay 124 for 4 weeks.

Here is what I will be doing

HIT weight training (NO OTHER CARDIO OR WEIGHTS)

Eating 1,100 calories per day until 125lbs then bump it up, but not over 1800.

Drink 1.50- 1.75 gallons of cold water per day before 8:30pm

Diet will be extremely clean with NO cheat meals.

Full 8-9 hours of sleep per night no matter what. *not gonna happen in my house* We're all nocturnal and nuts.

Keep going til I hit a brick wall failure when lifting, no excuses.

Time to get this going. :mad:

7. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

178lbs today 3lbs to go. :tucool:

8. eccent

eccent Active Member

Hi CA$ON. Hi MadeInNY. MadeInNY, why do you feel like you're CA$ON's shadow? The format of writing? :P

I have to get more motivated as I'm only working out twice a week and I won't be able to lose anything the rate I'm eating.

And CA$ON....1100 Cal for male..@-@ woow..sounds a bit low but I guess maths is the key here..

From today, I'll start to do my exercise in the morning so that I won't feel lazy or have any excuses to avoid it. And I'll wake up at 6 a.m. the latest time I'll begin my exercise is 6.15 a.m.

The exercise will be for 30min, interval on my bike.

Any additional exercise in the evening will be considered as bonus. :bb::mad: Got to gear up my engine!

Let's achieve what we want!

9. eccent

eccent Active Member

Waking up early during weekend is really difficult. So I'll allow myself the freedom to choose time of workout for the weekend. But weekdays morning exercises are a MUST.

Today: Woke up at 8.30 am, ate 2 meals by 11 am and did a light exercise and lift some weights. I'm burning less than I eat at the moment. Will try to squeeze in more exercises.

Hope I can be down to 50-55kg by the end of next month. I'm 60-62kg now. Used to be 51kg (aiming to 48kg at that time) and now a year later....+10kg. -__-" Life is about ups and downs.

Heard that losing weight and maintaining it is more mental exercise than physical one. And of course I think food is 50% of the weight loss element. But I can't seem to control my urges (need more mental strength or maybe distraction from food).

I'll have to come up with strategy to avoid food between meals and at night. I guess sleeping early is one of the ways to avoid late night snacking.

Keep it up people! :tucool:

10. eccent

eccent Active Member

My plans are all in ruins..... :P No morning exercise for 3 days and late night eating for 3 days...I guess they go together. The only good thing is I'm drinking lots of water. I'm joining the Feb challenge and going to stick to my plan like superglue. Lots of kgs to go. :nod:

11. eccent

eccent Active Member

This morning I managed to do my morning run. Ran for 5K, which is good but still lots more room to improve. I'm thinking of running 10K in the morning. Take me about 37min to run the 5K. I'm aiming for 10K in 1hr. Hope I can achieve it by middle of the year 2009. Coz I'm thinking of joining the 21K ,half-marathon.

I'm still pretty out of shape, my meals need to improve. But I'm on my way there. I'm having a headache today and feeling lazy for what to come tomorrow. I guess I'll just stop thinking :eek: