1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Fat Loss Book

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by s9421, Sep 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. s9421

s9421 Active Member

Hello Everyone,

I have recently gotten back into fitness. I am in my fifth and final week of a bootcamp class. I have definitely gained muscle as I can tell that I am stronger and I look more toned. However, my weight hasn't really changed and I would like to lose more fat. I know that part of it is my diet and that I will need to change that.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good fat loss book. I know there is plenty of info online, but I really prefer to have a real, printed book.

Also, I plan on purchaseing the New Rules of Weightlifting for Women. Does this book talk at all about fat loss?

Thanks for your help!

2. AlfredJones

AlfredJones Active Member

"You are what you eat" by Gillian McKeith... im not sure is it directly a Fat Loss book, but my mother bought it and i read some parts. it seemed very healthy!

3. s9421

s9421 Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion!

4. Hydrogen

Hydrogen Active Member

I have to disagree with this recommendation; I'm loath to trust anything Gillian McKeith says. She is a self-proclaimed "nutrition expert" who used to style herself "Dr." Gillian McKeith until the fact she'd just bought a diploma from a shady diploma mill was exposed. Have a look around on this forum for a few good examples of legitimate books on good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. :)

5. Sent

Sent Well-Known Member

6. AndiMAC

AndiMAC Well-Known Member

A great book I'm using as a nutritional bible and lifestyle guide is the Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. Last year I lost 50 pounds (and tons of inches) by following these guidelines. For me, this next phase of my journey isn't so much about weight loss, I'm focusing more on fat loss. And the only true way is diet AND exercise.

7. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

A Guide to Flexible Dieting by Lyle Mcdonald
    Venuto's new stuff, the book mentioned above or his ebook, there is a newer edition the Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle

I've also heard good things of Leigh Peele's Fat Loss Troubleshoot but I haven't read it.

8. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

Body for life