1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Fat Burner Suggestions

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by dustincarter19, Sep 11, 2011.

1. dustincarter19

dustincarter19 Active Member

I am 5'9" 170lbs 26 years old. I have recently gotten into cycling and try to ride at least 4 times a week, usually about 20-30miles at a time. I am training for a 165 miles charity ride from Miami to Key West in November. I will be staying in Key West for a few days acre and wanna look the best I can in a swimsuite. The cycling has helped drop some fat but still have stubborn love handles and judge I would like to get off. Anybody have any suggestions about a fat burner like. I have taken Nitor before and did pretty well on it for a bit. Anybody ever drink coffee with them? I am a coffee lover and when I took it before I hated not being able to drink it. Let me know what info you need from me. [​IMG]

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Post your diet. And macro's. Are you weight training? Fat burners are ineffective at most. In fact, I do not even recommend them for my competitor clients. Unless your diet and training is close to optimal, fat burners will be a waste of money for you...

As an example, I have never used fat burners for my contest preps...

Diet is numero uno...

Post what your diet and training is like and the members here can better advise you.. Good luck. :tucool:

3. nullpointer

nullpointer Member

Fatburner is a very silly term to me. Whenever we talk about "fat burners" we're really talking about stimulants.

Amphetamine is a great stimulant with appetite curbing effects. Very effective.

Anything that helps you burn fat is really just speeding up your heart. So any stimulant is a "fat burner".

DMAA is an unscheduled stimulant that is in somewhat widespread use. It is one of the key ingredients of Jack3d.

Stimulants are a shortcut to what you want. They can cause heart attacks and theres a reason everyone isn't eating amphetamines or stimulants on the daily.

Just make sure you take care of your body, you have to live with it.

4. sauron256

sauron256 Active Member

Heavy deadlifts are a fantastic fat burner...

(PS pull up your pants a bit dude)

5. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

The most effective fat burner known in the fitness world is muscle combined with effort. And of course proper diet. I agree with what everyone here has said. The effects that people feel with "fat burners" is an artificially elevated heart rate. The fat is actually being burnt by the effort you put forth in the gym be it lifting or cardio. You can get that same heart racing, exasperated feeling by working out intensely and get the same results.

Someone posted a quote on FB (may have been Mastover) something to the effect of "There are no short cuts that lead to anywhere good". Put in the effort with nutrition and exercise and you will get what you want.