1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Failure is not a option

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Whoracle, Nov 18, 2010.

1. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Too true Who. Seltzer is wise.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Sounds like the 90 / 10 rule. 90 percent eat right 10 percent of the time but you should strive to be the 10 percent who eat right 90 percent of the time ( and really savor and enjoy the 10 percent).

Overall Who, you are still here working out and trying. You could be like alot of people who have come and gone since you started.

3. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I got off track again for a little bit then got sick. Been back at it this week though. Did some swimming Monday, lifted yesterday and everything is going well so far today.

4. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Who, what happened to counting the days?

5. Whoracle

I stopped counting the days because I was missing a lot of days. This year hasn't gone how I've wanted it too. I wanted to end this year in the best shape in my life but instead I've regressed. At least today has been three solid days in a row. Again, instead of trying to be perfect every day I'll settle for good days nearly every day. So far so good.

Todays workout was some HIIT, only 5 30/90 intervals because it kicked my ass. I'm wondering if why I didn't make progress all those months was because I got away from doing my HIIT, which was a pretty regular part of my routine back when I was losing weight. So I think it's coming back

Diet
    2230 calories
    fat 82g
    carbs 207g
    protein 171g

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My calendar says May 24 so you have plenty of time to finish the year in good shape. Even if you don't reach your goal you can still make significant progress. Good days nearly every day will get you there.

7. Whoracle

Thanks man

Today, diet was about 2500. I should have been a little bit better with it.
    Workout:
    Trying to do my squats where I left off isn't working. I feel like the progress I've made the last few weeks has been erased and I'm starting back from square 1. Ugh
    Squats 3x185x5
    bench 5x135x5
    rows 5x95x5

In a life update, have about 18k in cc debt officially. 1 I owe like 14k on (it closed at like 7, the rest is interest that I'm definitely not paying), one is at 880ish, and the other was at $2762. Well the last one I got an offer I wanted to get started on to begin the road to getting out of debt. It was $50 for 23 months, so like $1150 total. So I called them to make the first payment. First they wanted to settle for $900 up front, but I said no. Not interested in that. So they go to transfer me to make the payment, they offered a one time payment of $700. I ended up taking that. That's 25% of the balance, so I feel I did good.

So that will take care of one of the 3 cards I need to pay off. Next time I got a settlement offer from the $880 one I'll work on trying to get that down by paying $250 or less so take care of 2 of the 3. Will have to wait until I get a job to tackle the big one though.

Anyone pay off cc debt before? This one was with AMEX and I believe is still with AMEX and not sold to a collection agency. It was all over the phone and they wanted my checking account info so I feel slightly weary of it. How long until I can expect the letter telling me the debt has been settled? How long before I should check my credit report to check on this?

8. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Whew Who, I don't know about debt. Me and teh wife pay off our cc debt every month. I would be concerned about the credit rating as you seem to be. Good luck man.

9. Whoracle

The Friday weigh in was 223.8, which just makes me sad :blank: Did HIIT Friday, Saturday was off, did a workout sunday and HIIT again on Monday
    Tonight
    squats 145x5
    bench 140x5
    rows 95x5
    pushups 25 (total)
    Gotta get back tow here I was. Diet stunk over the weekend for Memorial day though was good yesterday. Had Subway for lunch as Sunday my car was rear ended (again wtf) and I went to Subway while I waiting around today dealing with that. So diet a little off but at least I didn't go crazy.

Also got sun burned Sunday. Squats with sun burn suck.

#1169 Whoracle, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  10. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Hoe you can get back to where you were. Keep it up.

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry to read about your car. Was anyone hurt?

12. Whoracle

My car will be okay, and my back will be all right. Hurt for a day but I'm all right now. If it isn't one thing it's another. But everything should be fine.

13. user786

user786 Active Member

Hope ur o.k :). Dont know about The Usa but here in the U.k u would be recieving constant calls from soliciters asking to sue for Whiplash!!

14. Whoracle

Yeah I'm all right. The guy works for a body shop and wants to take care of it himself instead of dealing with insurance. Last time I dealt with insurance it took a month, so whatever if this guy gets it taken care of it's fine.

Today was good. Went for a little hike in the hills around town, then went to the gym later and got my HIIT in, upping to 6 intervals today. Diet was good as well.

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Glad you're okay.

16. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

If you owed $2,762, and you settled for $700, the difference of 2,062 you will owe income taxes on, and state taxes if your state has an income tax. The credit card company will be sending you a 1099 next year. I only mention this in case you weren't aware, so you are not surprised next year.

17. Whoracle

WTF. How the hell is that income? Great, I don't even want to know how screwed I am when I settle the one I owe $14K on, which really is well over half it interest and it keeps going up. Yeah that's royally going to fuck me. Ugh.

18. Whoracle

Got my car back all fixed today, again fucking with lunch time so again went to Subway. Diet was good other than that.

Workout
    33 pushups
    squats 5x155x5
    ohp 5x95x5
    deadlift 3x155x5

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not an accountant, but on a federal tax level, if you're insolvent at the time of the debt relief then you don't have a tax liability on the foregone amount. I haven't a clue about your state taxes.

As to why it's income, think of it this way. You owe a company $$ and if it tells you that you no longer have to pay it back, it's the same as if it gave you that amount, hence it's counted as income.

Glad you got the car back.

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Knock, knock. Anyone home?