1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Failure is not a option

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Whoracle, Nov 18, 2010.

1. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

Hey man how was your christmas? Did you get together with family or anything for the holiday?

2. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Yeah it was a good Christmas, got to spend time with family and wreck my diet lol. How was yours? Not looking forward to next weekend either because I got zero desire to spend New Years Eve staring at my walls.

3. Whoracle

Day 39

WOrkout
    BB bench 4x175x5
    BB row 4x110x5
    Incline DB 3x70x6
    Deadlift 3x185x5

Diet gets back on track today and needs to be pretty much spot on all week to make room for the weekend.

4. Whoracle

Day 40

Last night ended up being bad. Went out with my friends and some drinks and shitty food after everybody bugged the shit out of me to go. Friend is trying to hook me up with a girl, is it bad I'd rather stay home and workout lol. Today will have to be better.

5. Whoracle

Day 41
    I slept shitty 3 days in a row so yesterday I was completely exhausted. Probably shouldn't have even gone to the gym but if I didn't it would mean I only went once in the last 5 days and I'm not having that. Also, tonight is weigh in night, we'll see how much damage the holiday and Monday night did to me.

Workout
    Overhead press 5x100x6
    squats 5x135x5
    BB curl 3x75x6

I should have done some hamstring work but the laying curl was being used the entire time and all I could think about was going home and going ot bed so it didn't happen. Meh workout was meh. But I got some sleep last night so I'm good to go.

Diet
    Banana
    chicken alfredo
    Tuna salad
    Chicken strips
    Protein shake

1810 calories
    46.9g of fat 23%
    177g of carbs 38%
    177.3g of protein 39%

6. Whoracle

Day 42

Somehow I gained 2 pounds. Now I know diet wasn't perfect but I was expecting to be about the same not 2 fucking pounds heavier. This pisses me off. All the work I do and put into this and it don't take shit to fuck it all up. Wrokout was 20 minutes of HIIT cardio

Diet
    2 bananas
    chicken alfredo
    2 lunchmeat sandwiches
    Chicken breast
    Chicken strips

1910 calories
    43.8g of fat 20%
    207.4g of carbs 41%
    195.6g of protein 39%

7. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the 2 lbs. Temporary. Looks like you're doing great with your diet most of the time and it's a good thing to go to the gym even when tired. Keeps you in the habit. You're doing a really good job!

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Who, what's with the chicken alfredo you've been eating lately all about? Alfredo sauce, as tasty as it may be, is not an everyday or multi time a week indulgence that is going to lead you to where you want to be.

9. Whoracle

Yeah I need to cut back on the chicken alfredo. It's packaged stuff from a store around here, 680 calories for the package. Tastes good but yeah definitely need to cut it out. It's expensive too, but easy to microwave and just eat at work. Will need to find a replacement.

10. Whoracle

Day 43

Workout
    BB Bench 4x175x5
    BB row 5x110x6
    Incline DB press 4x70x6
    Deadlift 3x190x5

Diet
    banana
    chicken alfredo
    chicken strips
    chicken breast
    Tuna salad
    Protein shake

2170 calories
    51.4g of fat 21%
    177g of carbs 32%
    255g of protein 47%

The chicken alfredo does indeed have to go. I need to find an alternative.

With that, we wrap up the year. Tonight will be my last hurrah. Starting tomorrow there will be more excuses. Oh it's the holidays I didn't want to stay home on New Years blah blah blah. I haven't quite made the progress I was hoping to the last month and a half but it is definitely possible to reach my goals by this time next year. This journal is entitled failure is not an option and it is not.

I've learned a lot though that should help me through out 2011. First of all, this is going to be a lot harder than I'd thought it'd be, and I didn't think it would be easy. It doesn't take much to come off track and ruin the hard work I am doing. No scheduled cheat meals, period. Things are going to come up where the diet won't be perfect, that will be the extent of my cheats. ALready learned the minute I decide to have that cheat lunch it never stops there for whatever reason it carries over to dinner too so no more.

I'm tired of being embarrassed about my body. I'm tired of making excuses to not go to the beach because I don't want to take my shirt off. Maybe this is an over share and TMI for you guys but the rare times I do get a girl flirting with me I don't want to be all self conscience when she starts asking for the dirty pics. I want something she can show off to her friends.

2011 will be the year of Mike. I will not fail. It is simply not an option.

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Best wishes for a great 2011.

12. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Go for it in 1.1.11. Happy New Year.

13. jeremy155rr

jeremy155rr Well-Known Member

alright dude, new years is officially over, hangover should have subsided, time to get back at it :lol:

Did you find a meal replacement for the alfredo? I'm going to get blasted for this I know, but I go for the healthy choice meals when i'm in a pinch, or some kind of low sodium soup. In comparing those evil microwave dishes healthy choice seemed the best as far as whole grains and having some fiber content to equal or greater the g's of sugar:tu: The 'dinners' probably aren't the greatest of choices but the entrees seem to do it for me alright. Sometimes the self cooked chicken breast, fish flavor of the week and steak gets old... hell I can't even eat tuna anymore i've become so burnt out on it. :bb:

14. Whoracle

Day 46
    I am getting burnt out on chicken all the time, I should probably throw in a steak every now and then. All right new years came and went and I had my last hurrah. Had a bottle of patron and a bunch of junk food. I'm over it now. As for the Chicken Alfredo replacement, I guess I'll just double up on the chicken strips or something.

Workout
    Squats 5x190x5
    stiff legged dls 5x
    overhead press 4x110x5
    bb curl 3x80x6

Diet
    scrambled eggs
    Chicken breast
    protein shake

1300 calories
    52.7g of fat 37%
    29.5g of carbs 9%
    170.8g of protein 54%

Calories were light, wasn't too hungry yesterday.

15. sevenatenine

Are chicken strips the breaded kind soaked in some kinds of sweet sauce?
    Getting burnt out on chicken usually means turning to bad options for me. I would definitely recommend having some steak or making a big pot of chili or something to curb the food boredom. Grab a cook book or hell just google some recipes or something because you really can't sustain eating healthy if your going to be lazy in the kitchen. Get a crock pot and there's 1001 different ways you can have dinner ready when you get home.

16. Whoracle

The chicken strips are in a package and the package is 200 calories with 38g of protein, kind of expensive though at $3.50 a pop. I'm going to the store on my lunch break so maybe I'll check out the lean cuisine option. Or I could start eating tuna every day, but that gets expensive too since the large can is around $3 each and the pickles I like are only sold at one store around here anymore.

Oh yeah two posts now and I forgot. I signed up for school and will be taking a night class end of the month. It's a slow start, but at least it's a start on finishing my degree. I registered late since I didn't decide to do this until late so that hosed me on class selection but at least I'm starting to do it. I have class Tuesday night now which is kind of a bummer since that's a prime lifting night for me usually but I'll figure it out. By the time I finally graduate no reason for me to not have a rockin body the day I accept my diploma.

#96 Whoracle, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  17. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Congrats on taking action on school. I hope you enjoy the class.

One thing you could try for your food is to buy a big bag of frozen chicken breasts, prepare a whole bunch of them at once, and freeze them for when you need them.

Doesn't help much with getting burnt out on chicken, though.

Another idea might be to just try two new recipes a month. That wouldn't take all that much effort but by the end of the year you'll have tried 24 new recipes. If you like even 1/3 of them you'll have a good recipe for every day of the week, plus 1.

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thumbs up on going to finish your degree. :tucool:

Crock pot, cooking in batches and freezing, etc. are all excellent suggestions and ones that I employ. Furthermore, via the internet or a cookbook identify easy to make and quick dishes that are healthy. There are a ton of recipes that even a beginner cook can make that will be tasty, healthy, and a whole lot less expensive than store bought options.

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had to jump off before I could really finish what I wanted to previously write. This was my family's dinner tonight with some pointers on how easy some things can be.

Chicken thighs, yeah I know chicken's a bit of a sore subject, but it's what we truly had. I grilled a whole bunch of them this weekend that I bought on sale for 79 cents a pounds. No grill, then season them with whatever you like: garlic, thyme, rosemary, pepper, etc. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes. Done. Or cook them a little less and reheat in the microwave on a moderate temperature for about fifteen minutes, which is what I did today. While they are cooking you can then throw into a pre heated 450 degree oven chickpeas with garlic and thyme.

Before you reheat the chicken, open a can of chickpeas, also know as garbanzo beans, and drain them. Pour into a baking dish big enough to accommodate all of them on a single layer and sprinkle with the aforementioned spices and EVOO. Mix 'em up and toss in the oven for fifteen minutes. Toss every five or minutes.

We also had a garden salad. Lettuce, celery, sweet red pepper, radishes, carrots, black and green olives. Really whatever you have and like.

Two adults and two teenagers ate well, healthy, and economically with no big effort. Who, this stuff doesn't have to be complicated to meet all those requiremnts.

Fire away with any questions.

20. sevenatenine

Hey man good for you getting into some night classes!! In my experience a small step can snowball into something much greater. I started off not eating an entire bag of chips in one sitting and that snowballed into losing almost 100lbs. I started off as a highschool dropout working as an office cleaner and decided to get my GED (grade 12 equivalency) and that snowballed into graduating college at the top of my class as a mechanical engineering technician, and now I'm applying for university in the fall to become an actual engineer.

Everything starts out with baby steps, I hope your night classes go well for you!