1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Failure is not a option

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Whoracle, Nov 18, 2010.

1. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

Tylenol cold and flu makes the snifflies and runny nose go away.

2. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Well I went with Dayquil, right now I got some 'tussin and nyquil for before bed. Woke up with that shit all in my chest but I'm feeling better now after some medicine.

Day 22
    Weigh in day. I haven't lost any weight. Really pissed me off. Scale didn't even budge since last week. I was good all weekend and only had one real cheat day and even that wasn't too bad. Not to gross anyone out but only thing I can think that might contribute is that I hadn't taken a dump since Sunday (finally went when I got home from the gym) and I've stopped giving a shit about sodium since 789 showed me an article telling me not to worry about it. So maybe it's some water retention combined with being backed up. Workout was a bit short since I didn't want my nose flowing like a river at the gym.

Squats 5x165x5
    Overhead press 5x80x6
    Hamstring curls 3x105x8

Then hit the sauna which helped me feel better while I was in there at least. I'm pissed about the lack of any scale movement but I won't be deterred.

3. Whoracle

Day 23
    I literally came home and went straight to bed and slept all night. I'm feeling better so far so hopefully that was the trick to getting rid of my cold. I've been getting jerked around between offices at work so yesterday I had a cheat lunch and I'll have another today since literally right before I left for work they send me to another office. I'm hoping it's just for this week as people have been sick and we're short people. I need everything to get back on track next week because this is pissing me off. Fuck I forgot to take my chicken out for dinner tonight so I don't know what will be for dinner. Dammit.

4. sevenatenine

While I admire your persistence you are really going to need to stop accepting excuses from yourself to be successful in your goals. That means if you forget to take chicken out of the freezer, either microwave defrost it or have a quick alternative planned as a backup. If you know certain things at work will mean you can't follow your plan, have a backup in place or find something healthy rather than just saying "fuck it, cheezburgers".

I have noticed in the past few months following your journal that every time something comes up, instead of making the best of the situation with an alternative thats just ok, you say "fuck it, cheezburger". Whats even worse is that you accept this behavior from yourself. Your ability to personally justify shitty eating habits is probably your worst setback.

If you find yourself at mcdonalds with friends, don't allow yourself to justify eating super big macs and fries, get a grilled chicken salad and diet cola instead. If work keeps you away from the fridge, have a backup lunch like a couple protein bars or some almonds and protein powder on hand. If you forget to defrost the chicken, put it in the fucking microwave. If a friend/client/mother/jesus offers you donuts or other junk either insist "no" or if the situation allows and they want back down, accept the junk and just toss it in the trash. All your excuses and justifying eating *insert garbage here* is whats holding you back and until you stop sabotaging yourself you will have a VERY hard time making progress and achieving your goals.

Prioritizing eating pleasure over personal health and wellbeing is how you got yourself into this situation in the first place.....

5. Whoracle

Yeah you are right. My biggest problem is I never have a contigency plan. I'm fine if everything goes according to plan but I never have a backup plan. Honestly, at work things are usually stable for me. I'm usually not jerked around like this, which is why I'm not prepared for it this week. Hopefully everything is back to normal next week. I'll have to figure something out for when this happens again.

6. sevenatenine

Its a problem that can be fixed fairly easily if addressed. I would fix it rather than relying on life getting more stable, because life is always going to throw you curve balls and you have to deal with them.

I remember when I was cutting down from 260lbs my girlfriend was always bugging me to go out to mcdonalds or what ever fast food place. I used to bring a 500ml tub of cottage cheese and some almonds with me and eat those while she snarfled down the tasty burgers and fries. I would have rather eaten the burger, but I was determined to stick to my plan come hell or high water.

7. Whoracle

Day 25

I got a bit off track with being sick and didn't work out the last two nights and the diet went to shit but last night I was feeling fine so I got my ass to the gym at least.

BB bench 5x155x6
    BB Row 5x95x6
    Incline DB bench 4x60x6
    Lat pull down 4x150x6

I decided to move deadlifts to leg day.

8. Whoracle

Day 26
    Decided to do my leg day yesterday since I usually don't make it to the gym on Mondays

Overhead press 5x85x6
    Squat 5x175x5
    Deadlift 3x165x5
    Laying hamstring curls 3x110x8

Diet was good. Deadlifts seem to be lagging. They should be my highest lift but I was having a tough time last night, not sure what the deal with that is.

9. Whoracle

Day 27.

No workout, just hit the sauna. Too damn sore from the weekend workouts to do anything. I'll do some cardio tonight. Diet was good.

10. Whoracle

Day 28
    You ever have one of those days where you barely make it to the gym, like you literally force yourself to go, and then when you get there you hit your stride and have a good workout? Well that was last night. But then I got there and had a pretty good HIIT session so I'm glad I dragged my ass down there. I should start posting my diet so here it is:

Banana
    Chicken Alfredo from local store
    2 roast beef sandwiches on wheat bread
    8oz of chicken breast for dinner
    1 serving of cottage cheese

1685 calories
    56.4g of fat (30%)
    162.5g carbs (38%)
    134.3g of protein (32%)

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Virtually all of the time I have to drag my butt to the gym or to cycle or run I feel better afterwards. Keep this most recent experience in mind so that the next time you don't have full motivation this will hopefully give the nudge you need to get 'er done.

12. Whoracle

Day 29
    Weigh in day and no progress. In fact I think I'm up about a half of pound. Guess that cheating I did end of last week really did me in. How I managed to lose 2 pounds the week of Thanksgiving I have no clue

WOrkout
    BB bench 4x160x6
    Lat pulldown 4x150x6
    BB Row 4x100x5
    Incline DB press 3x65x6

I was sweating like a whore in church when I got done so I must be doing something right.

Diet
    banana
    tuna salad
    Roast beef sandwiches on double fiber wheat
    cottage cheese
    Chicken breast
    protein shake

1870 calories
    45.4g of fat 21%
    174.5g of carbs 36%
    204.3g of protein 42%

13. Whoracle

Day 30

Life

Well one month in, here we are. Every 16th we have these dumb meetings at work that don't start til after 7 and it's basically over an hour of us getting ripped a new one by the owner. The good news is that there was pizza for everyone and I didn't have any. Also on the way some shithead rear ended my car and took off. Good thing the damage is somehow minimal, but it fucked up my neck for the night. So no official workout.

The good news is earlier in the day I went down to school and found out what I need to do to graduate. 3 or 4 classes depending on whether I get 2A's or 3B's. So next semester I'm going to bust my ass and do my best to get the A's and finally graduate in May. Also, I literally walked about a mile and half going all the way across campus and back so I did get some exercise in last night.

Diet

Banana
    Chicken strips
    Chicken Alfredo
    2 roast beef sandwiches
    Chicken breast

Apparently I'm a chicken genocider

1825 calories
    58.9g of fat 28%
    175.5g of carbs 37%
    162.3g of protein 35%

I forgot to bring a can of tuna to work so I'll probably have to go get one on my lunch break.

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice going on staying away from the pizza.

Sucks about your car getting hit.

15. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

This is so freaking true. And even more, while you hang around in limbo hoping life gets more stable, Murphy's law WILL find you and smite you down.

You can take this next bit with a grain of salt because I really don't know your personal situation. If you can stand it, a contigency plan could always be just straight up SKIPPING that meal and making up for it later. If you are stuck in a situation where its either crapfood or nothing... its ok to choose the nothing, as long as your next meal encompasses what you missed. Sometimes when I have a really busy day, I'll eat my lunch and my protein/almonds all at once just so I don't have to stop or whatever.

Just to put it in perspective: if you had a string of 30 days without eating shitty cheat food, but the only thing that deviated from your plan was the timing of your meals... you're GOING to make progress.

Keep on truckin' !

16. Whoracle

Thanks man, I'll see what I can do. So far so good though, hopefully it stays this way.

Day 31
    workout
    Overhead press 5x95x6
    squats 5x185x5
    Deadlift
    3x175x5
    laying hamstring curls 3x120x6

Deadlifts felt better today. Attempted a 4th set but only got in 3 reps.

Diet

Banana
    Chicken strips
    cottage cheese
    2 roast beef sandwiches
    chicken
    pretzels
    protein shake

1755 calories
    41.1g of fat 20%
    171g of carbs 38%
    190.3g pf protein 42%

17. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Hey, you're doing great! Looks like you're really planning the meals and sticking to your workouts. Tough to keep at it near the holidays, but you show that it definitely can be done!:tucool:

18. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I like seeing the diet posted. That should help.

Imagine what things will be like in a few months--you'll have gotten that degree and made serious progress on getting fitter and reshaping your body. All you have do to is put in the work between now and then and it's all there.

Keep up the effort.

:nod:

19. Whoracle

Thanks guys. I'm hoping 2011 is the year I finally get things going for me.

workout
    Did my HIIT workout and then hit the sauna for about 10 minutes

Diet
    Didn't eat much today, so calories are very low. I'm hungry right now so maybe I will edit this later and eat some eggs but for now here it is Edit, added 8 scrambled eggs

banana
    2 roast beef sandwiches
    chicken
    protein shake
    scrambled eggs

1825 calories
    75.8g of fat 37%%
    119.9g of carbs 26%
    175.gg of protein 38%

#59 Whoracle, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  20. Whoracle

Day 33

Today was bad, very bad. I started out by telling myself I've been good all week one cheat meal won't kill me. Then my friend hit me up. Some drinking and another shitty meal later, today was a bad day. Note to self: Next time you think you deserve a cheat meal, you don't because eventually you're going to go out and fuck it up even more. No scheduled cheats. Keep them for when I do go out.

On the brightside, I got the new iPhone 4 today and I fucking love it. Only downside is I have to totally reprogram my Lose It app which had all my shit in it, but oh well, small price to pay.