1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Failure is not a option

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Whoracle, Nov 18, 2010.

1. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

Bad idea, they always taste better with milk and ya know what they say, once you go milk you can't go back.... or something like that lol.

Good idea to get into the shakes though, makes quick unplanned meals so much easier which reduces actual fast food consumption.

2. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

So just stick mixing with milk? I mean it wasn't horrible or anything, just wasn't good lol. I used fat free milk though. Should I go with low fat or just suck it up and deal with nonfat? I figured milk would both taste better and give me some extra protein.

I was checking out Nitrean but damn $50+ is too damn much for me.

3. sevenatenine

No, hence why I said "bad idea". It tastes better with milk, which you wouldn't know about if you didn't try it and wouldn't have that reference point for comparison. But milk really just adds extra carbs/calories where you don't need them to whats supposed to be your protein supplement. Drink it with water, you get used to that weird taste like you do to artificial sweeteners.

Once you drop 80lbs if decide you want to try and add some muscle by eating more then come see me about protein shakes and milk. Until then, suck it up buttercup, your trying to reduce calories not look for tasty ways to add more.

4. Whoracle

Well I had the room for the calories and figure an extra 10g of protein couldn't hurt. I'll test it out with just water next time though.

5. sevenatenine

Get used to it with water and you can throw it in as an easy 100 calorie 25g protein anywhere, get used to it with milk and you will always be dependent on having a fridge to store milk, plus finding room to fit in 200 calories can be a little trickier.

Just my opinion.

6. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I use almond milk for most of my protein shakes and I think it's better than water. It's also lower in cals and carbs than milk, I think it's 30cal/8oz for unsweetened almond milk. I add cinnamon to my protein shakes, I think that helps mask some of the thinness.

But nonfat milk pwns water imo.

7. Whoracle

Day 15

Weighed myself at the gym and down 2 pounds, and shit to do that Thanksgiving week has me feeling pretty good.

Tonight I did some HIIT for the first time in minute and thought I was going to die when I got done. Shit really kicks your ass. Diet was good.

Tomorrow I have to go work in the main office which sucks because all my lunch stuff is in my office so I don't know how the diet will be tomorrow. I got asked late to go cover for someone so not sure what will happen. Supposedly it's only for the morning so hopefully I'm only there half the day and can head to my office around lunch time.

8. Whoracle

Good news, didn't have to go to a different office. So diet will be on track today. Tonight will be my leg workout.

9. Whoracle

Day 17
    Thursday was not good. Well diet it was, but then I went out drinking and didn't work out.

Friday was better. Back to being on track and hitting the gym instead of going out

Squats 5x155x5
    Overhead press 5x85x6
    Hamstring curls 3x100x8
    Walking lunges 3 sets no weight

For a life update, I got accepted to go back to school. I'm really close to having my degree, I think I even have the units, just my GPA wasn't high enough or something. Anyway I will figure it out and finally get my degree. The general point is that I'm life on track and hoping getting my degree and losing weight things will just naturally get better.

10. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Congratulations on getting accepted to school! Sounds like things are going really well for you right now; you have a lot to feel good about.:)

11. Whoracle

Thanks! In even better news next week I'm moving to another office which will be closer to school so I can easily make it to a night class. Not only that it's a busier office so I should be making a little more money every month. Hopefully things are finally on the right track for me.

12. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

That's good news man. :tucool:

13. HalfGorilla

HalfGorilla Active Member

Hey man. Good to see you're still at it. How's the booze going? I'm having a few on the weekends, but nothing too crazy.

14. Whoracle

Day 18. Didn't go out so no fucking up my diet with booze and drunk fast food runs. Means diet was good. Just got done doing my HIIT cardio. Not the most exciting way to spend my Saturday night but it will be good for me in the long run.

15. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Lots of positive stuff in here recently. Good to see you made it through that really rough patch a little while back.

16. Whoracle

Day 19

Upper body day.

BB Bench 5x150x6
    BB row 5x85x6
    Incline DB bench 4x60x6
    Deadlifts 4x155x6

By the time I got done it felt like my body was breaking so I must have a good workout going here. Diet was good. Bah for evil Monday tomorrow, doubt I will make it to the gym but I'll be eating clean.

17. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

As long as this is most of your days you will stick to it. Just don't deprive yourself completely, however. :cool:

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Lots of positivity and goodness going on around here of late. Keep the momentum going!

19. Whoracle

Day 20 (last night)

Had a cheat lunch of a bacon heart attack burger and fries and a coke. I was stuck driving around all damn day as there was some drama with switching offices but I got that all settled. No gym as I'm coming down with a cold.

Everything is on track today, gym will be a game time decision, will have to see how I feel. It's like how I was a couple weeks ago where I feel ok but my nose and throat are bugging me. So we'll see. Won't be any cheats in the diet at least.

20. Whoracle

Day 21.

Didn't go to the gym since my nose was leaking like a faucet and it was messy enough with tissue around. Still feeling the same way. I'm physically fine, but coughing and stuffy and nose is bugging me. I need to stock up on cold medicine so I can go hit leg day tonight. Diet was mostly good, a client got me a coke and a donut despite my pleadings not to, so I skipped a meal to make room for it.