1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Exercises to pull shoulders back

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by debacle, Feb 21, 2013.

1. debacle

debacle Active Member

Does anyone know of some good weight lifting exercises to help pull the shoulders back from a slouched position? The PT exercises the doctor has me do can't really compete with the heavy weight bench presses that contribute to them being pulled forward (along with hours a day on a computer).

2. petvan

petvan Well-Known Member

No expert, but I'd think heavy pendlay rows / cable rows etc, stuff like push press / push jerk would help, overhead press and cleans / snatch can't hurt. Quit benching for awhile till your rows catch up?

3. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Yep......I think they're called "Facepulls'......I do them frequently especially after benching.

I just use those rubber stretch tubes with the handles on them....

There are 3 rubber cables on the rig.....

Ones I have are about 5ft long......I loop them around a bar on my Smithy and then set it at face height.

'Facepulls ' are on Youtube.

Also you can do an over head arms extended doorway stretch...

And walk around the place a for awhile with two light dumbells over head, arms extended as high as you can get them......