1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Ever dated a muscular guy?

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by woeisemma, Mar 9, 2004.

1. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

Good Idea Rob

:)

2. woeisemma

thanks booty shaker

There are a lot of people from England who buy 20 pairs of shoes at Nike(where I work) and take them back to England and sell them!

3. MYBAD?

MYBAD? Well-Known Member

I bet that's just because it gives them an excuse to come and see you!

But seriously, Nike's new styles are a big thing in the UK because they are released here much later than in the US. The major UK sports stores often have exclusive styles from Nike and they are sold at well above average price. English People who go to the States often buy lots of pairs because they know they'll be able to sell them at a huge profit.

And BTW, I think it's perfectly natural to want your partner to share your interest in improving your health and body. But when I'm wrapped up in my muscle building quest, I find it's easy to forget all the other important stuff that can be taken for granted about my partner. My GF is nowhere near as fitness-focussed as me but she's amazing in every other way.

#23 MYBAD?, Mar 11, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  4. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

No kidding, huh? The first time I took my (English) husband to the Levi's outlet, he bought six pairs of jeans. SIX.

Of course, with the current exchange rate, it might not be such a brilliant deal anymore...

5. Ludvig78

Ludvig78 Well-Known Member

Strange.

Is it really that hard to find a guy that workout and does this as a lifestyle? My five closes friends are all like me and all are single. We are all basically 8-10% of body fat and hit the gym 4 time a week. In the weekends we take morning walks and hang out. Feels strange that it seems that hard to find a guy that likes to stay in shape....hmmm???

6. woeisemma

Yes..

my state is one of the fattest in America. I work at an athetic store, Nike, and you'd think the employees would be in shape somewhat..but nope, 95% of the employees are overweight.

7. rfk

rfk Well-Known Member

Obesity is at epidemic levels in the United States, surpassing tobacco as the #1 cause of health issues.

8. Knubb

Knubb Well-Known Member

So, a lot of people say that life is too short to settle for something less than perfect basically. But what is perfect? Is perfect the guy/girl with the perfect body, perfect health and perfect checking acount, or is the perfect guy/girl the one that makes you happy, no matter what his/her body size, health status or economic situation?

Every human has fantasies. Imagination is a big part of being human, but nothing says that you have to go after the fantasies just because you have them.

The choice is yours, of course. If you want to break up with somebody because you want to go for the dream, you should. Being truly in love with someone would keep you from breaking up with him/her, no matter what. One should consider all the consequences though. Dreams sometimes have a bitter aftertaste.

9. rfk

rfk Well-Known Member

And sometimes they dont.

Bottom line though, is if you don't chase them, you'll never know.

10. chops

chops Well-Known Member

you know that saying "birds of a feather flock together". its one of your main interests so it's natural that you and your buddies have some of the same hobbies.

no, i don't think it's that hard to meet people who are in shape though, just like it's not hard to meet ppl out of shape either. it just is dependent on where you go spend your time. i.e. not likely to see any hardbodies at the hometown buffet restaurant, but go to the hot club in town and there you go.

11. chops

chops Well-Known Member

it's true that dreams can have a bitter aftertaste, but it's also true that they can be achieved. i mean this in every sense, not just in pursuit of relationships.

12. Ludvig78

True.

Hi!

True that. But if you give it a firm look most people that look to be in shape ain't when the clothes come of. Seen this alot of times. Specially when you go in the beach area in the summer.

13. Fudgam

Fudgam Well-Known Member

I saw this basketball poster that said "You miss every shot you dont take". I like that one.

14. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Senior Member
    Platinum Member

I like that too!

15. shris

shris Well-Known Member

If you're not interested in a thing yourself, it's hard to meet people who are--you move in different circles.

I have never been that interested in exercise particularly. I'm still not, except that John's photos show how much faster the process goes with exercise than it ever did for me without. Exercise isn't the end for me, it's the means. Kinda like the difference between a car enthusiast and someone who has a car so they can get from here to there.

In high school there was a guy who worked out regularly that I liked, but we never went out because he was in the "in" crowd and I wasn't. In college I met up with an overweight guy I liked, and then a very skinny in-shape guy I eventually married. I have never dated a muscular in-shape guy. Up until recently I was pretty well convinced that there weren't any guys who liked to work out who also had a brain in their heads for anything *other* than working out. All the brainy guys (the ones I'm more interested in talking to) spent more time doing other things than working out, and looked it.

That's probably a really awful stereotype, it should be possible to be brainy and buff at the same time. I wouldn't know, because I'm not likely to meet buff guys doing the things I like to do (read books, putter in the garage, mess around on the computer, pet cats, watch food TV).

Of course, as a body I'm not likely to catch the interest of someone who works out regularly--I don't look the type, and I'm not, really. I never hung out at clubs or gyms or beaches or places where skimpy clothes were the norm--I'm an introvert, and those places are for extroverts.

For me now to become interested in working out is somewhat out of character. If I do other things that are out of character in a similar way, I might run into some brainy buff guys. But we won't be dating. :)

shris
    :eat:
    Married 10 years so far..

16. Ludvig78

Hi!

Just a comment on this. The thing with working out for me is just a thing I do for myself. I have always been very active since I was a small kid. Was a promising tennis player but ended up injured and just got feed up with the amount of practice.

Today I am 26 and have a office job. I sit down in my chair basically all day. Thats not the way I actually am. I need to go out and move around. I found my thing in going to the gym. I don't need to worry about anyone else who might not show up. Everything is up to myself and I can't complain and blame anyone else for not showing up in the gym.

When it comes to dating I really don't care if the person I date works out at the gym as much as me or not. I just like outgoing active persons that take care of them selfs. If that comes in the shape of going to the gym or just taking walks doesn't really bother me. I have seen guys that rush there girlfriends in to staying thin and pressuring them into things they don't want to. That doesn't work in the long run.

And yeah there are gyms that are buffy and have brains....

/L

17. Revlis

Revlis Well-Known Member

All the guys I know that workout are really nice guys and are pretty intelligent to boot. I think a lot of them will surprise you. We have other hobbies but yes do have an obsession with working out. Some guys like cars some guys like pumping iron.

I bet you that the big guy lifting 400lbs in the corner by himself might be into something like classical music or even chess. He wouldn't tell all the girls, only girl men play chess. Stereotypes suck!

18. woeisemma

Hey, Just had to say that I'm a big introvert and I go to the gym :) Don't go to clubs or any other place you mentioned though. I think John Stone is a brainy guy and he's got muscles...the combo is rare though.

19. djerickd

djerickd Well-Known Member

I like both! :tu: I'm a real catch ladies! j/k :spaz: :whistle:

20. Reno_1ted

Reno_1ted Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, its down to what it is that attracts you to someone. For example, some people like blonde hair, black hair, big chest, whatever. Likewise, some like people who are outgoing, or introverted, good sense of humour, deep, layed back or whatever. The same goes for hobbies and interests. You might find someones interest in working out attractive, or someones interest in sport, charity work, animals... c what i mean? I work out a lot, but its not something i look for in a girl, as i prefer opposites, as its more interesting to learn about different things and have a different point of view in a relationship. However, one of the things that i think is important is for my partner to have self respect and be in good health. Thats doesnt mean pumping iron every day, but it does mean not wacking junk food down their neck 24/7. Its just what u look for in a person. What you find attractive and what attracts you to someone is different. Mucscely guys might be attractive, doesnt mean u'll be attracted to them.

The saying goes, "Looks will get a partner, but its personality that keeps them".