1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Ever dated a muscular guy?

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by woeisemma, Mar 9, 2004.

1. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering :) All the guys I've dated have not been obese, but I have never dated a guy who worked out and ate healthy like John or any of the guys on this site. I guess to date a guy who is inshape and who also loves to work out and eat healhty is a fantasy..isn't that weird?

2. MYBAD?

MYBAD? Well-Known Member

wow.

3. andi

andi Well-Known Member

I dated a guy for two years who was in pretty good shape, hardly had to do anything to get very nicely defined biceps (it was genetic- all his brothers and his dad had them too), and looked like some kinda cross between James Dean and Leonardo DiCaprio.

And he was a LOUSY boyfriend. The only reason it lasted as long as it did was cause I was too young and stupid to realize that I was as attached to his looks as he was. Once I got smart and realized I deserved to be treated better, I was outta there.

Guess what? My self confidence grew by leaps and bounds upon getting out of that relationship.

4. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

woeisemma,

That's funny. :)

/not that there's anything wrong with that

5. brownguy

brownguy Well-Known Member

Not at all. What guy doesn't fantasize about dating a girl who is in shape and who loves to work out and eat healthy? :)

6. U2rocks

U2rocks Well-Known Member

no , but being very active myself, i would love to meet a guy like that!

7. woeisemma

wow what?

confused about your response. Did you say Wow because my post was shallow or?

8. woeisemma

I know it's silly

My b/f is not in shape and has no intentions of getting in shape..I don't even know any guys who work out regularly...it's just something that makes me go *sigh* I wish I could meet a great guy who loves to work out cuz I love to work out but oh well! :)

9. woeisemma

You're from Atlanta?

For some reason you look like you'd be from England or something :) Don't know why I never saw you lived in Georgia.

10. andi

andi Well-Known Member

Hm. I look like I'd be from England? Never heard that one before. I've only lived in Atlanta 2 years. I'm a California girl through and through. Born in LA, raised in San Diego. :tucool:

11. djerickd

djerickd Well-Known Member

Anyone need a date? :D

12. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Senior Member
    Platinum Member

I've never been with a guy who works out, eats right, with a great body til John started this last year :) I always went for guys on the thin side... including John who was very thin when I met him 15 years ago. It's pretty nice though :o
    and I doubt the wow. response you got was because he thought your post was shallow, considering his avatar ;) LOL

13. woeisemma

lol good point lisa

His avatar :p

14. rfk

rfk Well-Known Member

life is too short to settle. you deserve a guy who is in shape and will treat you well. maybe get a membership at the local university gym... that way you might cut down on the "meat-head" factor if you are looking for another guy...? either that or give your current BF a link to this site?

Seriously though, you seem committed to getting/staying in shape, so why shouldnt your partner do the same?

--Rob

15. MYBAD?

MYBAD? Well-Known Member

The "wow" was not meant to indicate any shallowness in your post whatsoever.

I have a girlfriend and I'm very happy with her, but I still think you're a hottie. :o

16. LaTouche

LaTouche Well-Known Member

I also think that it is hard to find a GF that eats healthy and workouts like i do... I had a steady GF that was an athlete for about 6 years, and she was the only one that could somewhat understand me. I have been seeing couple of women in the last few months, and I was almost feeling awkward and they made me feel awkward about me eating healthy, and getting up early in the morning for a run. Those girls were in good shape, but they did nothing much to keep that shape. I guess it will definetely show when they hit 30 yr.old.

17. rfk

rfk Well-Known Member

hmmm, business idea? :) ok john, time to build out the matchmaking module on johnstonefitness.com!

18. chops

chops Well-Known Member

i got on the fitness bandwagon first and now my honey is in on it too. i love it~ we work out together on weekends and help keep each other motivated and we plan our cheating and our healthy meals together. it's really great that we share similar goals and has brought us closer since we have made it a huge part of our lives

his arms and chest are getting bigger and hard. he wants to be shredded like john and he is not that far off. i love it.

*drool!* :)

19. woeisemma

So jealous

That is what I want Chops! I'm so jealous. WAH

QUOTE=chops]i got on the fitness bandwagon first and now my honey is in on it too. i love it~ we work out together on weekends and help keep each other motivated and we plan our cheating and our healthy meals together. it's really great that we share similar goals and has brought us closer since we have made it a huge part of our lives

his arms and chest are getting bigger and hard. he wants to be shredded like john and he is not that far off. i love it.

*drool!* :)[/QUOTE]

20. woeisemma

Hi

I'm not looking for another guy..and I did go to my university gym..the soccer team and wrestlers intimidated me and they were always there when I was so I switched to my apartment's gym. I know life is too short to settle and I don't plan on staying with this boyfriend forever.. he has seen my before/after pix and he'll get motivated for 1 second and then go out to Taco Bell. I've shown him John's site many times and his excuse is "I don't have time to eat all that or work out." OH WELL :)