1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Evening workout mealplan

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by GettinFit, Feb 2, 2004.

1. GettinFit

GettinFit Well-Known Member

I recently started the Body for Life program. So far, I have only been doing the cardio (due to gym access problems) however, I will be starting my weight training tonight. I noticed that Lisa had said that she is doing her weight training in the evening and I would like to know how she, or anyone else who will be doing it at night, has changed their eating schedule. I know that to get the most out of your workout, you should start on an empty stomach and wait to eat about an hour after, however, my dinnertime would then be around 8:30? Fortunatly, I do have the ability to eat my dinner at my office if need be. Any advice on this would be much appreciated :)

2. BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty Well-Known Member

If you're just weight-training, I don't think that your eating will make a huge difference, but I aim to eat 1-3 hours before training which I do at night. Sometimes training (Muay Thai) starts at 6:45pm, other nights at 8pm. I'll usually either have a piece of toast/muffin or a bowl of cereal and aim to have it about 2 hours before training. Then, when I get home from training within 30-60 minutes I'll have a meal which is high in high-GI carbs and protein. Bedtime is about 30-45 minutes after that.

3. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Senior Member
    Platinum Member

I wait at least an hour to an hour after eating- and then afterwards have a protein shake immediately. :) I'm not really sure it matters either, if you are just weight training.

4. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Well-Known Member

I workout(both cardio and Weight) in the evening ....
    Please share some ideas on how my meal plan should be...

Right now I am just eating 1 or 2 hrs before my workout and
    whey & few veggies after workout....

Is this any good?

5. GettinFit

GettinFit Well-Known Member

I should have clarified my plan a little better... I'm on a 40-40-20 plan in which I do 20 HIIT cardio in the morning before eating....eat about an hour later with a balanced meal. I am trying to cut right now so I would think that it would be best to stick with a higher protien vs. carb in the evening, but I may be wrong?

6. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Senior Member
    Platinum Member

I think that sounds very good :)