1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Eleonardo's Experience

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by eleonardo, May 1, 2007.

1. eleonardo

eleonardo Well-Known Member

I always thought of starting my own journal. Now's as good a time as any!
    I want to hold myself accountable, keep motivated, share with other people and learn from them and their experiences.

Introducing myself:
    My name is Eleonardo, 30 springs young, 1’78 cm, 88kgs and currently working part time and studying Law in Amsterdam.
    I’ve never been seriously overweight, but the last few years I’ve always carried 5-10kg’s extra baggage on me. One day I got sick of it and hired SwoleCat. SGX was kind to me as the pictures show.
    Before SGX:
    before sgx-50.jpg
    After SGX:
    after SGX.JPG

Now I want to try something different from SGX and after some experimenting I decided on Waterbury Summer Project.
    This is where my journal starts. The 2nd week of WSP to be precise.

Welcome and thank you for visiting.

2. rapp

rapp Well-Known Member

Damn, that is one hell of an endorsement for SGX. Good luck with WSP!

3. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

I had been wanting to ask if you had a journal. Now that you're doing WSP, I will be interested to see how you make out and how you describe the experience. Wait, let my get something off my chest, I'm almost a beaten man every time I start a new week on this program. Good Luck. :cool:

4. dluc

dluc Active Member

Nice work Eleonardo:tucool: Goodluck on WSP. From what I've read, you'll need it ;)

ps: It's about time you started your own journal:whistle:

5. eleonardo

Thanks rapp!

Hah! I've read bits of your WSP journal. I've stopped reading!
    I'm actually reading it (and KT's) day by day as I progress. This way I can see what you've experienced at that time.
    I can relate to the beaten feeling. I just did my first circuit training. :cry:

I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :lol:
    Cheers Daniel :)

6. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

i thought you said your cell cam didn't work you cheeky bugger!!! [​IMG]

7. eleonardo

You thought right. These pictures are not the newest ones :)
    I'm actually planning on getting a phone with camera. Perhaps a N-serie of Nokia? Still contemplating.. I can get the N73 for free.
    [​IMG]

8. Buttersweet

i don't like nokias, have always had Sony Ercissons, my significant other has a K750 with a pretty good camera;)
    is black your favourite colour?

9. eleonardo

I don't like Sony Ericssons ;)
    I'm most definitely either getting a Samsung or a Nokia. I'll see which to get. I kinda like small phones without all the hocus pokus. I'm using my old small nokia right now :D

10. eleonardo

I'm gonna post some previous snippets of WSP days for the sake of completion.
    It's straight out of my April/May challenge:

*** Today was the first day of Waterbury Summer Project.. Uffffggghh it wasn't easy! I've never done anything like it, and my body is in complete shock. If that wasn't bad enough, I had 1.5 hours of soccer afterwards. I remember laying on the bed after gym and thinking to myself "I..can't...move..." I still went to soccer

*** I did HIIT! This is a huge accomplishment. My body is screaming for rest. I'm so worn out from yesterday.

***Day 3 on WSP . I thought my legs would cave in whilst doing lunges. :/

*** I was supposed to do HIIT today. As soon as I came home though, I laid down on my bed and just went KO! WSP is really taking a toll on my body.

This brings us to:

Day 5:
    :eek:
    I have never done something like this! It felt like bootcamp.
    I really had to push myself to complete the last few reps. 2 minutes seemed like eternity!
    I couldn't really "enjoy" my 180s rest after my first cycle cycle because I was wondering what the f*** just happend!
    When it was time for my last cycle, I was afraid to walk to the bar.
    I'm really looking forward to the next cycle. It prescribes even less rest :tu: :blank:

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Hi Eleonardo, I just wanted to pop in and extend a :tu: for the long way you've already come based on your photos.

That WSP makes me tired just reading about it, but I have no doubt that its effective. Good luck with it.

12. Buttersweet

how long did it actually take to change from pic one to pic two? and how is WP compared to SGX, which one is more fun?:lol:

13. eleonardo

Hi Setzer!
    SGX was good! Veni, vidi, vici.
    WSP is a different story though, more like veni, vidi , stand in horror, hope to vici. :blank:

Pic 1 to Pic 2 was about 3 months.
    More fun? WSP has lots of variety, which is what I really like!
    SGX was the same thing over and over again.
    Fun as in workouts? Read my logs on WSP and you'll get a vague idea of how much "fun" it is ;)

14. Buttersweet

it's only been one month for me, and i lost only one kg, i DO feel better and I think I LOOK better too, but not so sure if what I'm doing is fast enough or whatever
    i have, i understand E:rolleyes::neener: but it does also sound like fun, the way you compare it to a camp, it's really pushing the limits, and it may not be enjoyable, but in a way it is: i bet the feeling of accomplishment is greater after workout than any other stuff you've done so far?
    i felt the best about myself and my workout the time i almost threw up at boxing, but making through - makes you think you can do anything, and more every time...:confused:
    i'm seriously considering taking this up myself, but let's see how you survive first [​IMG]
    I'll be watching closely

15. Roibus

Roibus Active Member

Yep indeed. :) Good to see it's finally coming online!

Good luck with the WSP. I'm actually considering to try it, but I think I will wait until summer when things calm down a bit (those two minute circuits sounds really nasty).

16. eleonardo

Feeling better is an important part of why I work out, too. Don't worry if you're not going fast enough. You btw, don't really have that much fat to lose :confused: When are you gonna post your diet :p

It is! When you're done you feel great. Well, not immediatly after, cuz you're struggling to make it to the showers, but afterwards: for sure!
    I think the high after the workout is what keeps this program so fun, at least for me.

Hi Roibus!
    It was your comment yesterday actually that gave the final nudge for me to start. :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

17. Buttersweet

there's no plan at the moment, because of Jimmy the Assassin, i'm forcing myself to eat at the moment, and i've already lost one kg since he's here - that can't be good. anyways, just avoiding bad carbs and fats and that's all. any suggestions?:eat:

18. eleonardo

PMd you

19. Darvonia

Darvonia Active Member

Hey E!

Nice new journal here. :) I enjoyed seeing another picture of you...and your transformation. Looks good!

That program your doing sounds exhausting! It's great to read about your journey with it though. Your struggles and triumphs.

I really think if anyone can do it, it is you.

From what I know of you ~you seem to be determined, have a good set of standards for yourself and don't like to be beaten easily. Very self-motivated as well.

It's exciting because I actually think your going to be successful at this! :tu:

I know you can do this!

20. eleonardo

Hey A!
    Thanks for the kind words. Now I'll have to do my best even more!
    Don't you worry one bit though, I'll be following your May's challenge closely :evil:

Tonight's plan on WSP is HIIT.
    I've already done 2 bike tours of 30 minutes (to work and back), plus I'm playing indoor soccer for 1.5 hours later on tonight. I don't wanna overdo cardio so I'm not going to do the HIIT.
    I hope it's the right call...