1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Early Morning Pre Workout Meal

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by pemrich, Mar 2, 2012.

1. pemrich

pemrich Active Member

Hi All,

I have been going to the gym during my lunch hour but I really feel pressed for time and am rushing my workouts.

I have the option of weight training at 5 or 5:30 AM but I am concerned that I will not have as much energy in me because of food intake.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good pre-workout meal at 5:00 AM? Would a protein shake prior as soon as I get up be sufficient and then do I follow up with a full meal around 7:30?

Thanks,
    Patrick

2. LBain

LBain Active Member

A protein shake before is just fine or if you can't stomach it all at once you can drink it wile working out. Then either get a good protein meal right after the workout or drink another protein shake.

3. LarssonCrew

LarssonCrew Active Member

If you want a boost, why not make a smoothie, using some protein powder, a little oatmeal[get some carbs], then perhaps some fresh fruit, an apple, a banana and another fruit[orange perhaps?] all mixed up. Might seem high on sugar, but the calories are not high and you will have three fruits in you before 6am, oatmeal and protein.