1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Dropping down to 7% with Intermittent Fasting

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Ludvig78, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Ludvig78

Ludvig78 Well-Known Member

Picture update.

[​IMG]

2. needachange

needachange Active Member

Well I weighed in this morning at 172.5, down from 174. So far so good. If I keep up at this rate I'll hit my goal with ease :D

3. Ludvig78

Lets hit the gym

Time for legs. :)

4. Ludvig78

Different topic.

Yesterday I happened to see a show called wife swap when I turned on the telly. Dang I am still freaking pissed off. Some freaking ulta convervative christian retard brainwashed his kids and bragged about it. Wanted to beat out the living hell out of him. We talk about fundamentalistic muslims like a bad thing but have we ever looked in the back of our own yard. I really hope someone called the social services after the show was aired in the US because it was child abuse. They could not make one single choise by them self. One of the girls tried to revolte but was taken to the woods by the father for punisment! The MF dears himself to be called gatekeeper. I would call him retarded asshole! Grrrr...still pissed!! :(

5. Ludvig78

Proud of myself.

Had some bad cravings last night mostly because I did not eat enough until my it was time for my fast to start. My girlfriend bought a bunch of candy but I was man enough to say now even it my mouth was watering. Feel very strong about my diet right now. I am pretty focused and can say no in a way I could not before. My weight 30 seconds ago was 202. So down from 212 to 202 in 3 weeks feels very good. Arms and abs are getting more defined. Just another 10-14 pounds and I think my goal will be reached.

6. Ludvig78

Movie time.

Took my Kodak playsport for a run and filmed one of my last HIIT sprints. I do 500m x 10 with a 90 sec rest in between. I try to keep a 2 minute pace. Here is the video. As you can see. I am not built for this shit, but I love how it burns and the extreme heart rate I get from this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b2_9haVUo8

7. needachange

I've been lazy as hell lately with my workouts. I've had a lot of stuff to do recently and haven't made time to go to the gym. I'm still sticking to my eating protocols though no matter what and I'm still dropping weight.

Weighed in at 171.5, down a lb from last week :D

On a side note. While at work yesterday I had two different people stop me in the office and say "Dang man, you've lost some serious weight!"

To me it's been slow and steady so I don't really notice a huge difference (mostly I noticed my clothes are a lot looser). It is nice to know that other people have noticed, great motivation to keep going.

8. reniform

reniform Well-Known Member

Hey guys, if you wouldn't mind a third person joining in I'd like some more accountability with my own IF approach. I'm shooting for more of a recomp. I'm currently at 185 lbs and probably 15% bf and would like to get to 10% without dropping weight (I really need more muscle mass, so a weight gain wouldn't be bad). I discovered Martin's Leangains approach this weekend and really like it so far, especially psychologically. I'm up for work at 6 am, so my eating window is 1 pm to 9 pm. I'm taking in 2800 cals on 3 lifting days and 2300 otherwise (maybe more for long bike rides). I'm excited to find something that's easy for me to implement in my life :)

Here's a journal that I quit updating almost a year ago, it has some pics. I'm perhaps a little more muscular than those pictures and a little stronger on my lifts, but it'll show where I've been: http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=48546. Now, if I had been consistent with my lifting instead of just riding my bike all the time, I'd have made some progress!

9. Ludvig78

Pictures.

Sounds good. What about some pictures? I deliver both pics and moving media, you need to help me on this one. :)

10. needachange

Not to sound like a jerk but to be honest I don't really feel comfortable posting my personal pictures on a public forum. I don't think pictures should have to justify one's own personal progress. If I'm happy with what I'm achieving ultimately that's what matters most.

If you want this thread to be for progress pictures and vids only I will gladly make my own thread so I'm not cluttering up yours :)

11. Ludvig78

No worries.

Naaa its no worries. You do as you please and feel confident with. I personally think it gives more edge to a thread. Likey the saying "a picture says more then a 1000 words". You can keep clutter... :)

12. needachange

Fair enough :cool:

Once I reach my goal if I feel like posting pics I will. Depends on if I like the end result or not.

13. Ludvig78

Thats why I post pre, keeps me motivated to reach that end result. :)

14. Ludvig78

Pretty good weekend.

Have had a pretty good weekend after all. Some candy cheat and had a hard time keeping myself within the feeding hours but it wasnt too bad after all. Gym today to burn it off. :)

15. Ludvig78

Sick workouts.

Have been having some really sick workouts lately. It almost feels like I am 20 again. Before I went on this diet I had constant elbow pains and some shoulder pain aswell, that is totally gone. I also feel clearer mentally then ever and I am still dropping weight. Really love this setup!

16. Ludvig78

Old picture.

Found an old picture from like 2004. Shape was ok but I was alot smaller muscle wise too. If I could get my bf to those levels I will look good. :) My waist wasnt too bad back then. Think the picture might keep me motivated. :) Here we go:
    [​IMG]

17. reniform

reniform Well-Known Member

After a week of intermittent fasting I think I'm sold. The hardest part of the plan is making sure I eat enough, which is great because I usually have problems eating more than I should. I never felt ravenously hungry during the fast either. I was a little low on protein a couple days, so I'm working on that this week. As far as the recomp goes, its too early to really see changes, but my waist is down .25" and my arms are slightly bigger than last week (not quite a .25"). I'll post some pictures in a couple weeks (when you can actually see progress).

I've felt more energy during my workouts, too. I'll have my first meal at 1 pm and lift around 3:30 or 4. I agree, awesome setup!

18. Ludvig78

Sure is.

Yeah energy is really sick. I dont have as much ups and downs as before. Started to apply some BCAA combined with SAN v 12 turbo before and after workouts aswell. Had some sick gains from that in my last workout maxed out the gyms dumbells in pecs. They dont go up that far. Think like 110 but managed to get all my reps and sets in as I planed. Will hit some shoulders and back today.

19. needachange

Decided to do a little diet break this weekend and consume above maintanence calories for a couple days. I felt like I just needed a break from a defecit. Most of my meals were centered around protein, bbq chicken, steak, tri-tip and some ribs. I feel more energized after getting in all those calories for a couple days. Water wieght didn't effect me too much either. Friday I was 171.5 and this morning I was only 175. That will easily come off in the next couple days.

Back on the ball today. I can tell I'm going to have a really good workout today :D

20. Ludvig78

Another sick session.

Had another sick session in the gym yesterday. Did 3 sets of 8 reps at the biggest dumbells in chest press. Thought I would maybe manage 3x7 but 3x8 was the deal. First set they actually feelt light, almost like I was warming up. Got to love the bcaa. ;)

I am really sticking to the basics. Just doing presses (pecs and shoulders), chins, squats, dips deads and so on. Not going complicated at all and the strength gains are sick. Adding weight from workout to workout.