1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't want to be a fat lawyer begging for a heart attack...

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Silver, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Which is why I never took it up despite having many friends and family members who have done so. It's early in the season so don't get discouraged.

Getting back to doing what you know is right is a good thing. I feel the same way. Good luck with your new plan.

2. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Thanks Seltz, IWAC

Bit of a bummer though, they were short staffed today so P/T asked if he could bump me to tomorrow (ewww 7am), I said sure...and he told me that if I wanted to do some work today, that was fine, but to "take it easy, especially on the abs"...hinting at the pain that is to come.

Hah, it's sad that I'm excited about this...ab DOMS are coming my way...good times, good times.

Seltz, re golf - I'm not really discouraged, it was just kind of funny to see how shitty my swing was getting as I was getting tired over the round. I was good up until about the 14th hole and then things started to go to hell off the tee as well...until then it was only off kilter and shots around the green that kicked my ass...oh yeah, and putting. Hah, well, practice time tomorrow, that's for sure!

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    IWAC?? Sorry, I don't understand the acronym.

4. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    Ice Weasels Are Cool - Darol gave us a couple of handy alternatives to his screen name in one of these earlier replies. :lol:

5. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

What he said :tucool:

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks for the clarification. Once mentioned, I do remember reading that post in his journal.

7. iceweaselsarecool

iceweaselsarecool Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: So I gave a few options, and now if everyone uses a different one we can thouroughly confuse the hell out of the JSF community. :D

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Maybe not the entire community, but certainly me. :)

9. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

So I started a bit of the "new routine" today with the P/T.

I think I'll be sore tomorrow. It's a chest/back/bi - legs/shoulders/tri split. Abs both days. He's an ab maniac, this guy.

Today was bench press (no machine, go stabilizers go!), incline d/b press, lat pulldown, a variation of a seated row, d/b curls, and another isolation d/b curl thing that I don't know how to describe (I'll figure it all out when I get the sheet) + about 4 ab exercises and a back lift thing

Tomorrow should be fun when I go in for the new "day 2" - weeee!

I'm going to have to figure out how to push myself on the bench press without killing myself (I work out alone). I'm sure I'll make it through.

10. iceweaselsarecool

At my gym people without spotters use the squat cage to bench safely. I don't know how busy your gym is, or what equipment they have, though.

11. sfc01

sfc01 Well-Known Member

Just be sensible. I work out alone and I've only gotten stuck once on flat bench - trying to 'push through the barrier'. I found out some barriers are impenetrable. :rolleyes: You will get a feel of when you *would* fail on your next rep and you stop there.

That is my 0.02 anyway.

12. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    The bb bench press gets in my head too bad. I don't even do it at the gym. I always short myself on the weight 'cause I've been trapped under the bar too many times. I've thought about using the cage but have had such good results with the db's I'm not sweatin' it.

If you're alone, as long as you don't have the weights clipped onto the bar, you can always just gravity-dump them off one side then the other. I get nervous whenever I see someone benching clipped-in at the gym. :(

M@

13. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks for the tips guys, good to know.

The cage won't work due to the nature of where it is and the setup of the gym, so I just won't clip in and I'll be alright. Plus, after a couple of weeks of doing it, I should get a feeling for what I can and can't do...good times.

14. iceweaselsarecool

Here's my bid to be at the top of the next page...

15. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what that means, but okay then!

So, this morning I went to the driving range to do cardio - the HRM was showing lower than I liked at first, so I stepped it up. Unfortunately, this made for completely useless practice. Kinda fun to rapid fire balls like that, though.

Went and saw P/T today for my new "Day 2". My whole body is exhausted now. All the dogmatic crazies on here would be glad to know that my routine on day consists of:

DB Squats (2 sets of squats and 2 sets of squats/shoulder presses on the way up)
    DB Lunges w/ Lateral Raises on the lunge
    Straight Back DB Deadlifts
    Tricep Cable Pressdowns
    DB Tricep Extensions
    DB Shrugs
    + some crazy ab stuff (he loves his abs, that psychotic P/T)

My HR probably AVERAGED about 150 through the workout (got upwards of 170 at one point) and I had to take breaks regularly just to get it to drop below 150. It was insane and I sweat more than I probably ever have before. Now I'm tired.

Topped that off with a top notch cheat dinner while at M:i:III of KFC Crispy Strips and a tiny bit of nasty ass KFC poutine that just didn't taste right. MI3 was goooood though. Very good. Very exciting.

16. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Poutine ?.....:spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :nono:

17. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

You CAN'T say that it's not delicious (if prepared properly).

Plus, it's good for your heart! :lol:

18. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Well, it took 3 tries, but P/T finally kicked my ass. He seemed very disappointed yesterday when I told him I wasn't sore from the Thursday workout.

Guess what, Mr. P/T? I CAN HARDLY WALK TODAY, YOU ASSHOLE! And I love you for it. It's a good pain. Mostly my hams from the deads. Wow, are those tough on my little old system. Actually, quads are a bit sore, too. Not as sore as the hams, though. WOW. GF has been bugging me about whining all day today (not really whining, but whenever we walked anywhere, particularly anywhere with stairs, I couldn't help but moan a little).

Pain is a good thing. At least in this instance.

19. sfc01

sfc01 Well-Known Member

Whilst walking with leg DOMS practice a little stoop, cup your right ear with your right hand and yell "WHAT'S THAT SONNY?" Don't forget to get a little bit of a toothy whistle on the sonny. :tucool:

Legs DOMS. What joy!

20. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

:lol:

I'm starting to feel that way! Today's even worse than yesterday!