1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

do you wear a "real" bra to workout?

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by CamaroGurl, Mar 28, 2004.

1. CamaroGurl

CamaroGurl Well-Known Member

or do you wear a sports bra??

i feel like if i wear a sports bra when working out I am not getting much support and that seems unhealthy if I am on the treadmill or something...

what do you think

2. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Senior Member
    Platinum Member

Just a sports bra here :) I think I would be uncomfortable working out wearing a regular bra.

3. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

You probably need a different sports bra then. I like this company:

Road Runner Sports

They rate their sportbras by level of support.

I had a bunch of cheap sportbras, and they didn't do much for me. So, for a while I wore regular bras to work out. But that really didn't work on the treadmill for me. So, I bought some nice sportbras with plenty of support. They're more expensive, but they work.

4. Destiny

Destiny Well-Known Member

I also wear a sportsbra. However, chest is not all that large :o so support has never been too much of a concern for me. I think you should definitely look for a better sportsbra though. There has to be ones out there that are better for you when working out than a regular bra.

#4 Destiny, Mar 28, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  5. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

Well us large chested exercisers normally have to wear at least two sports bras while working out.

6. Teriliel

Teriliel Well-Known Member

For cardio work, I wear 2 of the cheaper sports bras. When I weight train, I just wear a normal bra.

7. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

Definitely check out Title Nine Sports.

Their frog bra is the only bra I can run in comfortably. Great selection, too.

8. chops

chops Well-Known Member

i know what you mean. i double up in a sense. i get the tank tops with the built in shelf bra support and wear a sports bra with it. i find wearning two sports bras is a bit too thick and heavy for me.

9. tantan

tantan Well-Known Member

I dont own any sport bra, and sometimes i workout with the normal bra.

We asians have a smaller chest size :o , so i never ever encounter problems with i am running track mill or doing weights.

Sometimes i even go without a bra when i was doing my regular yoga. I know that is not good. So, I am trying at least to wear a bra when i am doing it. I am also in search of a good but yet not too expensive sport bra. Any good recommendations ? :D

10. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

If you don't need it, don't use it. Really. They're so expensive. Plus, yoga's totally non-impact.

11. tantan

tantan Well-Known Member

I am thinking along that line too. Its just that I am afraid that it might sagg before i gets old... cos a lot of times i am doing reverse posture for yoga.... ;)

12. lauralu

lauralu Well-Known Member

Berli ShockAbsorber level 4. Until I found these I refused point blank to run! I'm a 34FF and absolutely cannot work out in a regular bra or crappy sports bra without severe discomfort. I think a good sports bra is really important for anyone with a chest, in fact I teach trampolining and have been known to take people aside at the end of classes to give them advice on appropriate bras for sport! You have to make sure you're wearing the right size though, or it renders the bra pretty ineffective...